Rue La La Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rue La La CEO Mark McWeeny
Mark McWeeny

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fun company outings and good work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Get to participate in sample sales (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Can sometimes be stressful but you'll like it if you enjoy a fast paced environment (in 19 reviews)

• When you have a concern or issue you have no one to go to because everything is leaked (in 14 reviews)

"Busy, at times frenetic pace, but the best, most innovative people I've ever worked with."

Pros

Rue is doing some of the best work in this space, which is evolving every day. The people and their ideas of how to make things even better are so great. People at all levels are very approachable, including the CEO. There is no shortage of opportunity here. It's an exciting and challenging place to work. There is always a new project or a new program - we are only 5 years old, so the sky's the limit.

Cons

Sometimes the frenetic pace causes Rue to make hasty decisions, or change direction often. It can be hard and frustrating to keep up with that. People work hard, and there could be more efficient ways of doing things, teams need to take a step back and think differently sometimes.

Advice to Management

Continue to leverage leaders at the next levels; lots of valuable ideas waiting to happen.

"Exciting time of growth at Rue."

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Still a young company with tons of possibility ahead for the business. Opportunity to grow with the company and create your own path.
    - Great perks (benefits, volunteer opportunities, snacks, sample sales, etc.)
    - High energy, fast paced environment
    - Freedom to try a new approach and innovate in your role

Cons

- Fast pace can be energizing, but sometimes draining

Advice to Management

Empower teams with the tools they need, and then hold them accountable.

"Great company and industry with passionate associates!"

Current Employee - Recruiting
    Current Employee - Recruiting

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rue is a growing company with many opportunities. There are so many ways to get involved in learning the business. Other associates are always willing to teach and share their insights. Rue is a place where you can see how your everyday contributions and work fit into the big picture and help Rue succeed. I've been in two roles during my time at Rue and have always felt supported in growing my career.

One of my favorite parts of working at Rue is the people. Associates at Rue deeply care about their roles and the company. You can feel the passion and excitement in the office. I have made lasting relationships with many of my co-workers.

Cons

The company is very fast paced. My managers have always promoted work/life balance and supported busy times with additional resources.

Advice to Management

Continue to ask and implement ideas and suggestions from across the business and levels. Innovation and watching new concepts grow into reality are what make Rue La La such an exciting place to work.

"Fast-paced, innovative, and fun!"

Pros

At Rue La La, I work with some of the brightest, most innovative people I have ever met. There are some great things happening at Rue, and it is exciting to be part of such a wonderful team. It is clear that the company truly cares about the employees and wants them to succeed.

Cons

The pace can be fast, but the great culture at Rue La La makes up for the fact that you may sometimes feel overwhelmed.

"Fresh out of college and couldn't be happier!"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I interned at Rue La La the summer going into my senior year of college. I absolutely fell in love with the company for its culture, energy, and purpose. I was surrounded by brilliant people with passion and I wanted nothing more to be a part of it. Once my internship had ended, I knew Rue was the place for me and as soon as I graduated I jumped onto an opportunity within the event production department. I work with such talented people who are willing to help constantly; for a graduate, what more could you ask for?

Cons

Very fast paced...everyone has their good days and bad days. The ability of adapting to change certainly keeps you on your toes!

6. "Smart Culture"

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people work at Rue; great culture; close environment of teamwork and collaboration; hard workers are the norm. Not meant for coasters, Rue La La holds employees to a high standard of work and commitment.

Cons

Sometimes long hours are expected, to get the best job done.

7. "Loving working at Rue La La!"

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive manager and co-workers, great mentors, exciting and changing work on a daily basis.

Cons

Would like to have higher pay for amount of work and better employee discount

Advice to Management

get more focused with more on brand sales events. Stay away from the cheaper, not as attractive brands.

8. "Innovative, Fast Paced, Fashion Forward Company"

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's difficult to find a job that you love coming to everyday but that is what I found at Rue La La. The office is environment is innovative and collaborative with the feeling that everyone is working towards the same goal, which is to see the company succeed. Great coworkers and a supportive environment for taking risks and trying new things. The office itself is in a great location. Work schedule is flexible (i.e. ability to work from home, free to manage your own time as long as the work is getting done) which allows for a work-life balance. The company offers a variety of great perks like Sample Sales, employee discounts, Thirsty Thursday events and Bagel Fridays. Frequently the company gives back to employees by offering special events (Pretzel Sunday Bars, free lunches). Company offers training and development programs throughout the year. Aside from the perks, the best part of my job is feeling like I am making a difference with the work I am doing and knowing that I have a future with the company.

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment (I happen to like that type of environment, but not for everyone). The company is always changing so there is definitely a need to keep an open mind and remain flexible. The fourth quarter is always an intense time of year, so extra hours are usually the norm.

9. "Greeat opportunity to Earn and learn"

Current Employee - Assistant Menswear Buyer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Menswear Buyer in New York, NY

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

small-ish corporate company offered plenty of opportunities to keep busy with work and get hands on. I loved all the booklets to help you get acquainted with youor new position and company, as well as all the current information available, including current linesheets, trending magazines.
    Amazing employee value with travel opportunities, company gifts (towels, mugs, water bottles)

Cons

I loved work for Rue!

10. "Creative and energetic work place"

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management and senior leadership team really cares about the talent and growth. The environment promotes great teamwork and problem solving. Creative team is fun and energetic. Lots of mobility if you’re willing to raise your hand and partner with your manager.

Cons

Communication can sometimes be a challenge given the nature of the business and the various departments involved. Miscommunications could at times lead to redundancy and confusion on projects.