Rugged Depot Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 8, 2017

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ray Collins

1. "Did not like how some fired employees treated Rugged Depot"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Rugged Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere, management listens and your input is truly considered. Very good pay if you work hard and I like that the smarter I worked the more I could make. This is a great place for sales and marketing professionals.

Cons

I do feel like the processes are always changing and I know what management says that it is for the better and 9 times out of 10 I would agree, but I guess I get stuck in my ways and want things to stay the same. The owner always said if you are not changing in business you are dying. I agree, but I hated that part, getting old I guess!!

Advice to Management

Delegate more!! Quit giving people who are not doing a good job so many second chances!! It just makes it harder for everyone else!

2. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Magnolia, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Magnolia, TX

I have been working at Rugged Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, no dry cleaning bill, good team.

Cons

Cell signal horrible in building!

Advice to Management

Be more involved.

3. "Accountant"

Former Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at Rugged Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only possible good thing this place has to offer is the casual attire. The boss shows up at noon everyday in shorts and holes in his shirts.

Cons

The worst place I have ever worked. Completely un-flexible and he does not care about your life outside of your job. And he has told him employees that several times. He uses negative reinforcement as a management tool. He lies and messes all of him employees around so much that he is constantly looking over his back thinking people are doing the same thing to him. Everyone is an idiot in his eyes. He has cameras at every angle so he can spy on his employees all day because he has no trust in anyone. The pay is very low for everyone. No benefits. He lies to his sales people and takes money from their commissions. Do yourself a favor and don't even consider this company.

Advice to Management

Get a new owner. I tried to give positive reinforcement and morale boosting advice and he took none of it into consideration. I was told to stop pushing my beliefs off on him.

5. "Don't Do It"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Magnolia, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Magnolia, TX

Pros

Relaxed environment at the best

Cons

Worked there for a week.....In a house!!! And the other employees are locked up in a garage! No benefits and pay is just above minimum wage! Move along!

Advice to Management

Upgrade

6. "Best Place I have Ever Worked!!"

Former Employee - Accounting
    Former Employee - Accounting

Pros

Relaxed workplace!! Family oriented Owner!! Boss listens to you!!

Cons

Always busy! I know since this is a small business that you have to wear many hats, but sometimes I was asked to do things totally outside of my job description. But he always asked if I could handle it!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I wish I could still work there, but I had a child.