Runzheimer Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randy Mueller

Pros
  • People are treated with respect and integrity, benefits are good and there is opportunity for growth (in 7 reviews)

• Work/Life balance actually happens here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary is high because 95% of the sales team cant meet quota (in 3 reviews)

• Work like balance is very important, so team members often leave right on time (in 3 reviews)

1. "Scrum Master"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterford, WI

Pros

Friendly people. Good work cultre.

Cons

There is no as such cons

2. "Lots of politics"

Former Employee - Reception, Mailroom, Ect in Waterford, WI
    Former Employee - Reception, Mailroom, Ect in Waterford, WI

I worked at Runzheimer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free soda, occasional lunches, free turkey and ham.

Cons

the sales people and upper management are considered better than the common worker. they get special perks and treated differently. there is a major split in the division between management and the peons

Advice to Management

stop the special treatment of the upper management and pay attention to the average worker. Treat your customer care with the respect they deserve they are often over looked and held to different standards.....under the thumb!!

"Major Market Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Major Market Sales Representative in Huntington, NY
    Current Employee - Major Market Sales Representative in Huntington, NY

I have been working at Runzheimer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is top of the line best I've ever experienced.

Cons

Thankfully nothing to report

Advice to Management

Keep up the goodness.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterford, WI

Pros

A lot of room for growth, forward thinking and moving company, intelligent colleagues

Cons

we work hard, but at the end of the day we can be proud of what we do

Advice to Management

continue empowering us to make positive change

"Great Place and people"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waterford, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waterford, WI

Pros

Terrific team environment. Management is positive and always willing to assist.

Cons

Hours can be long, busy season is rough.

Advice to Management

Keep listening

"Company tries hard"

Current Employee - Manager in Waterford, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Waterford, WI

I have been working at Runzheimer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company cares about clients, employees and the community. It is a very safe place to work. Most decisions are made by committee, which can be good or bad depending on your perspective.

Cons

Execution is a challenge. Other companies in the space move faster. If you enjoy slow and steady, this is a good place. If you want to accomplish big things, the company may be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Move faster. Be bolder. Don't be so afraid of making mistakes.

"Great Company and Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Mobile Developer in Waterford, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Mobile Developer in Waterford, WI

I worked at Runzheimer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Runzheimer (how often can you say that about a job?) Great team, incredibly unique culture. If I didn't move to the other side of the country, I would still be working there...

Cons

For a company it's size there is a lot of bureaucratic red-tape to get new innovations and processes in place.

Advice to Management

Be more responsive in your strategic outlook, but keep your great company culture.

"Bad time to be in IT..."

Current Employee - IT Professional in Waterford, WI
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Waterford, WI

I have been working at Runzheimer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every company has its pros.

If you are local to Waterford, WI and you are just starting your career. Its not a horrible place to start and get some experience. ** (If you are not local to Waterford, WI. KEEP LOOKING. Do not relocate for this company. See the cons section for context)

If you are still reading the pros, I'm assuming you are local and just starting your career. If this doesn't apply to you, skip to the "Cons" section.

The good:

People are generally nice and welcoming. They try to host events for employees to participate in (just be sure to not sacrifice your work or meetings to attend those, especially if you're in IT).

There is a break room with coffee and occasional free popcorn. ( Every now and then they may have food, but don't plan on being fed daily. There is no staffed kitchen like in bigger companies, so unless you bring your lunch or go out to eat with coworkers, you will be stuck with the vending machines. )

Its somewhat easy to get to if you're local, parking is free, there is no gate, no assigned spaces, park anywhere you want.

Its a small office - this can be a pro or a con depending on your preferences.

This is about all the pros I can think of to be honest.

Cons

Now the cons. No company is perfect. However, Runzheimer has A LOT to improve on. At this current time, I cannot recommend this company to anyone unless you are fresh out of college, just starting your career, you live near by already, and you don't have options. If you have options, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If you don't live near by, DON'T RELOCATE.

If you are going to be a remote employee, think twice before working for this company. Remote employees aren't 100% remote. They are asked to come to the office every now and then to partake in the corporate kool-aid. Don't bother.

If you are not in IT, you'll have to only deal with the typical corporate environment. You'll be expected to drink the kool-aid or else you wont fit in. This is not a start-up like environment, everyone is expected to dress business casual at the very least. The environment is more like the corporate type that you'd see at larger companies.

To say the least, this isn't the best culture to be in over all. There are some teams that are ok, but again, unless you drink the same kool-aid, you'll be feeling like you don't belong.

The company's flagship products are its mobile applications that track mileage for clients so that they can later get reductions on taxes.

Judge for yourself, go look at reviews on the Google Play store, Apple App Store, and Salesforce Appexchange. Most of the reviews for the Android and iOS app are low, and justifiably so. The Salesforce App on the Salesforce Appexchange has 1 review from back in 2013 (its a 5 star review, but get real. You can see the ranking of popularity in the Appexchange and this app rates fairly low.)

The best way to judge an IT organization is by the products being delivered. That will tell you the caliber of the individuals working there, the way the technology is used, and most of all, this will tell you how good or bad the leadership has been at Runzheimer.

I can tell you a few reasons why the apps don't have good reviews.
    *** IT folks, this is especially for you. However, all should pay close attention to the following.

First -
    Not only is the culture bad enough that you're expected to drink the kool-aid, but as an IT professional, you are expected to forget what you've learned in other companies and do things as they've always been done here. Its very difficult to change the status quo.

Second -
    We have legacy systems that we don't fully understand, the documentation we have is not up to date, so when new folks come and ask for documents. We can't show them anything that's updated. That's even IF we have those documents at all.

Third -
    Many of the individuals that work here have been around for a long, long time. So most of the knowledge is gone because they where let go or left on their own. The ones that remain are either reluctant to share the information they have because they are afraid of being replaced, or they simply are not up to date on industry standards so they don't know what the new folks are asking for.

Fourth -
    I've noticed a lot of people come and go over time. There is considerable turn over here for the size of company we have. So there is a lot of spinning wheels where nothing gets done. ( We've had CIOs come and go too often. Managers also come and go) We do have a new CIO that just started, so we'll see what happens. I'm optimistic, but I'm not going to hold my breath considering many of the problem managers are still here.

Which is why our apps have such low ratings. When you combine everything I've mentioned, its not surprising. Yet, its unfortunate. Because there are some good people here that truly want to make a change. However, the constant wave of people coming and going and the status quo keep progress from happening. Therefore we are left with an IT organization that WANTS to do good, we are attempting to use new technology, but yet, we somehow cant figure out how to get things going.

NOTE for IT folks. STAY AWAY from this company. Not only is the culture unproductive, the IT organization spends too much time spinning wheels. If you care about your career, your skill sets, and have long term plans that include "Work within a high performing, high potential organization", look elsewhere. DO NOT come to Runzheimer, not even for a remote role.

A lot of the positive reviews on here are from internal employees trying to counter the negative reviews. In one of the reviews, someone suggests to the writer of a negative review to "speak up and voice their concerns... " ( Really?! Everyone that works here knows that those who speak up are fired or reprimanded if they're too valuable. How can you expect anyone to be honest and feel comfortable speaking up??)

My advice to all: Don't fall for the act. The HR folks and managers will paint the sky with rainbows and line the red carpet out for you to try to get you to come. Don't fall for it.

We aren't that innovative ( we're trying to be) and we really are not a high performing, high potential organization. We are far from that and I cant wait to get out of here.

*** Skilled developers: Trust me when I say, your skill sets will be put to much better use somewhere else. Please dont waste your time.

**** Note: To be hired here, you'll be required to sign a non-compete. Non-competes are POISON for your career. Don't make the same mistake other's have made. I know many individuals here that want to leave but cant because of the non-compete. Some of the people here are stuck because if they leave, they can be sued for working for a "competitor".

Advice to Management

Instead of wasting your time adding fake positive reviews to counter the negative ones, spend time IMPROVING your culture. THIS is the biggest problem you have.

Your management doesn't listen to its people, fires individuals that speak up or reprimands them if they're too valuable to let go.

If you are going to ask us for feed back on anything, then listen and at least pretend to care enough.

....and please stop the emails from the CEO praising the sales and customer service people. Yes, there are great people. But the rest of us contribute to the company as well. Unless you are going to be praising every team, its best to tone it down. It makes the rest of the teams feel unappreciated.

Firing folks that speak up only puts fear in those of us that are left behind and makes us look for the exits.

Unfortunately, I know for a fact that instead of making positive changes to the organization and culture, you'll add more positive reviews to counter this one.

I hope I'm wrong.

"Everything about this Place is great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterford, WI

I have been working at Runzheimer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will try and keep this short even though I could probably go on for a while. The culture is amazing, the benefits are good, and they do so much for their employees to keep moral high and everyone focused. Even the little things like adding a Ping Pong table help refresh your mind. Randy (CEO) has been great and is the type that you could walk up to his office if you had a concern and he would listen to you immediately. I would highly recommend working at Runzheimer to anyone to be a part of this great company.

Cons

I truly have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees the way you already have been!

"Life is Good"

Current Employee - Sales Team in Waterford, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Team in Waterford, WI

Pros

I have been with Runzheimer for 20+ years and feel revitalized by the changes the new CEO has made. Once again very proud to be working at this organization and so excited to see what is ahead. Disappointed to read some of the negative reviews and urge those employees to visit Randy directly to discuss their concerns. Overall my salary is competitive, ample PTO, appreciate the 401K contribution as well as the annual profit sharing. Free coffee, soda and popcorn don't make a great company but when you combine this with all other aspects it certainly doesn't hurt.

Cons

We are paying catch-up with technology because of past management. The next year will be very challenging for all of us but particularly difficult for those who fear change. I have faith we are headed in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and Thank You!