Rush Event Management Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love it!"

Pros

Hey there! I've been working at Rush for about nine months now and I've learned so much!

I came in with no real experience and have learned so many things about Management and Leading teams of people.

The atmosphere is super positive and all my coworkers brighten my day!

Cons

None! I love the positive atmosphere here!

""Management Training Program""

Former Intern - Turned Campaign Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Intern - Turned Campaign Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Rush Event Management as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Invaluable experience- from the second week of working at Rush I was experiencing every aspect of management.

Promotions can happen very quickly- Meet the outlined thresh holds and you will be promoted, simple as that.

Killer learning experience- management is open to answering any questions about any aspect of the business, no matter when you started working.

Extremely positive environment- much of the office hours are spent cultivating positive energy and attitude.

Cons

Everyone starts at entry level- whether you have an MBA or a GED, youre starting from the ground up- this is a "management training program."

Employee turnover is crazy- its was not uncommon to see new faces everyday while never seeing some of them the next day or a few days later.

Inconsistent scheduling- Office hours are so early (7:15-10am) then you may have to go into the field to sell from noon-7pm or 10am-5pm. The issue is, you dont know until the day of.

Working weekends.

No set schedule.

3 strikes and you're out.

Pay sucks.

Its direct sales at a Sam's Club sample station

Not much transparency when it really comes down to knowing who you're working for: You're told this is the manager's company, but the manager was promoted by his/her prior manager/owner, who is part of a network of owners/ managers, who are partnered with Innovage and other "As seen on TV" suppliers.

Advice to Management

Create set schedules, be more transparent, be honest about the jobs you're giving out.

3. "Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - FLORIDA in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - FLORIDA in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Rush Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and very team oriented. There is a high level of motivation and willingness to help reach goals from management and team members as a whole.

Cons

I am not a morning person. Office space itself is a bit small for the amount of people if there is a meeting etc.

4. "Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Tampa, FL

Pros

Loved the team environment as well as the positive work environment. The skills I learned here will help me in my future endeavors. It such a great opportunity for anyone who works hard and wants to go far! We just had someone in our office who was just promoted and opened an office in Ft. Myers.

Cons

They hours a little rough. You will be working nights and weekends, but it is worth it for our growth in the company.

Advice to Management

The growth opportunity is amazing here as well as the growth in pay.

"Beware of scam!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

they posted several jobs that caught my eye.
    "Looking for Marketing & communications oriented individual"
    "Public relations, promotions, advertising position!"

The only problem is that all of those advertisements were for the SAME position- a sales/promotions type of scam where they get you to do their dirty work

This could potentially be a good part time job or internship for college students, however j would definitely not recommend this for full-time

Cons

I showed up to an interview with about10 other young people in the lobby, they interviewed us one after the other, saying they just needed 5 minutes to get to know us (I believe a 5minute screen could have been done over the phone, what a waste of time)

They were very condescending in the interview and asked the same questions. They kept saying "it wouldn't be difficult for us to find someone." They tried to make it sound sooo elite saying that "we only will ask 5/40 people back for the second interview."

When I asked about the clients and what exactly they did for them, the owner literally said "the clients aren't important, we wil always have clients" and wouldn't get into the details of WHAT Exactly it was that they did. I learned you have to go through 6 months of training in order to move up. You are paid hourly either $10-12 plus "performance." The position consists if going to Sams club or BJS, standing behind a table and "promoting" the product. When I asked if performance was based on the sales from that day, they cringed at the word sales and avoided the fact that YES, Your "performance bonus" is based on how much of the product is off the shelves after you leave.

I can't believe how unprofessional the office/staff was, this is truly another company attempting to call themselves a marketing firm. There are a few in the area- beware!

Advice to Management

Don't be so condescending during the interview process, some of the people you're interviewing have great credentials, potentially better than your other employees. Change up the questions, they were pretty muh all the same, just rephrased.

The 5 minute phone screening could have been done over the phone. It was a waste of time to come in for a 5 minute interview.