KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rush University Medical Center

Engaged Employer

Rush University Medical Center

Add a Review

Rush University Medical Center Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 11, 2021

Found 27 of over 852 reviews

4.0
Rush University Medical Center CEO Omar B. Lateef, DO
Omar B. Lateef, DO
Pros
  • "Accessible and supportive management, good benefits(in 39 reviews)

• "Great place to work, wonderful culture, great benefits(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be challenging especially during pandemic(in 11 reviews)

• "Upper management egos out of control(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rush University Medical Center and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Responsive, inclusive, progressive healthcare employer

Nov 19, 2020 - Assistant Professor in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Standards of excellence, good working conditions/benefits, relative autonomy, collaborative workplace, opportunities for giving and receiving feedback, opportunities for growth.

Cons

Work-life balance can be challenging especially during pandemic

Human Resources

We’re glad to hear you’re having a positive experience while working with us. At Rush, excellence is our baseline, but we believe we can always do better. With that said, we will take your feedback into consideration as we look for ways to improve the employee experience.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Prioritize Work Life balance

Jan 11, 2021 - Senior Data Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people and coworkers. People are really helpful

Cons

No work life balance. I feel like I am always working and things that are not even urgent are always considered urgent.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

My Experience at Rush

Sep 20, 2020 - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Work life balance Investing in their leaders Community involvement Culture diversity

Cons

Nepotism Clique Unprofessional direct leaders Terminate if you don’t follow their unfair practice Favoritism Bullying Intimidating behavior HR supporter the bad behavior Cover up unfair treatment Throw their title around Rude

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent Salary for RN

Sep 4, 2020 - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Magnet Status, Tuition Reimbursement , Benefits

Cons

Management, work life balance, loss of 401K contribution

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Mission Driven

Mar 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission driven institution with a commitment to the community. Good health benefits, daycare (although hard to get on the list), and work life balance

Cons

Politics, top heavy, lots of organizational change, unclear why

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

We’re glad to hear you had a positive experience while working with us. At Rush, excellence is our baseline, but we believe we can always do better. With that said, we will take your feedback into consideration as we look for ways to improve the employee experience. We appreciate your feedback and wish you well in your future endeavors.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

Oct 30, 2019 - Pension Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, professional, and dedicated people. I was born here, practically raised here, and now I've worked here for nearly three decades. Rush is in my blood.

Cons

Poor work-life balance. My department currently does not allow working from home.

Human Resources

Thank you for your dedicated service to Rush. We're glad to hear that Rush has been a great place to work and hope you continue to feel at home here. We appreciate your feedback.

7. 5.0

Excellent place to work

Mar 12, 2019 - ICU RN in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Magnet hospital, shared governance, competitive salary, a lot of effort towards work life balance

Cons

None that I can think of

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I really enjoy my work

Nov 14, 2014 - Research Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a good environment for career growth and development. Rush University has a wide variety or healthcare graduate programs and as an employee most of your tuition is covered. Most of the programs here encourage employees' educational pursuits through mentoring, scheduling, etc. I have worked in several departments and each of my managers made a point of teaching me new skills and were supportive of my development and growth. Overall, excellent patient care is the first priority of every employee, as it should be. When they say work-life balance, they mean it, so it's pretty easy to schedule time off. The benefits are solid and if you get your healthcare here, they are also reasonably priced.

Cons

They threaten to close programs and eliminate jobs here so frequently, it is hard to feel loyal or secure. The programs and departments are all pretty separate which often complicates procedures and policies. Campus wide, the position titles and grades should be more consistent.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nurse tech

Dec 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, awesome pay, plenty of opportunities to learn something new.

Cons

Poor work life balance

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Good place to work

Aug 19, 2015 - Administrative Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great atmosphere and people, strong company with good executive leadership, great mission and purpose - a true pillar in an under served community, good benefits and strong financially, great work-life balance, low turnover

Cons

Slow career growth due to long tenure/low turnover, easy for employees to become complacent, salary/compensation package not very competitive, complacency in mid-level managers can breed inequitable workloads among staff with little or no recognition to high performers and little or no accountability from low performers

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews