Russell Reynolds Executive Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 17 reviews

2.8
Russell Reynolds CEO Clark Murphy
Clark Murphy

"Great company! Work with all types of people"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Russell Reynolds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great experience & broad exposure to all types of people & industries. Job satisfaction when placing a successful candidate at a new role! It's like matchmaking! I love my job, my coworkers, & my consultant & my office! Am very happy about joining RRA! This roles utilizes my strengths (multi-tasking, problem solving, proactive thinking, document & people management)

Cons

The job of EA at a fast paced search firm can be very demanding & scheduling changes outside your control can be frustrating. Sometimes can be thankless- but my consultant thinks of me more as a "WE" and team- so I am more in the forefront with clients & candidates.

Russell Reynolds2014-03-26
  2. "Project Management - Intense but Rewarding"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Russell Reynolds full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can only speak to my experience in the DC office, but the team is wonderful, funny, and fun-loving. The people who work in this office are the best and the brightest. We are all incredibly #hungry and work our tails off in pursuit of the highest quality work product. The research team I pair with regularly are super intelligent and the MDs are a good group with a great sense of humor. Our office head, Kimberly,...

Cons

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the fire. The job is intense and demands greatness, but if you have ambition and a fire in your belly, you'll crush it. It is far more project management than traditional EA role in that you are fully integrated into the team and are working right there alongside the MDs and Researchers on client (and candidate) work.

Advice to Management

Great place to work - just keep an eye on stress levels as it can get intense in here.

Russell Reynolds2019-08-12
  3. "Solid Company"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Russell Reynolds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, good work-life balance, location. Worked with a great Partner who was a mentor and demanding yet reasonable. The team you work with makes all the difference and mine was great.

Cons

Hierarchical structure; takes too long to move up and had some outdated IT systems.

Russell Reynolds2019-03-25

"EA Role is more like project management"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Russell Reynolds full-time for less than a year

Pros

They spend money on employees for things like office holiday parties.

Cons

While there were a couple other pleasant EAs there (the NYC office), I found the culture among the other EAs to be like a very nasty, competitive mean girls club/clique. It really felt like Jr. High some days. The work was not typical EA work and just when you’d feel like you were seeing some daylight they’d heap more work on you. Ultimately I jumped ship for the first good opportunity and never looked back. I note...

Advice to Management

Hire nicer people. Stop promoting jealousy and competition among the support staff and just let people do their work.

Russell Reynolds2018-10-21

"Intense recruiting firm that doesn't see the value in their EA team; revolving door."

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Russell Reynolds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong company with industry standard benefits package. Depending on who you work for, you can work from home a day or two a month with out a problem. Good number of holiday's given and half days.

Cons

Very intense, pretty much all the time. Everything is an emergency/fire, which makes getting your work done feel very stressful; every email is urgent, every candidate scheduling, phone call, document, resume, invoice, etc is urgent so it's challenging to figure out what takes priority when everything is priority. Basically, you work on edge every minute of the day. Hard to take vacation because you have to find your...

Advice to Management

Consultants should be encouraged to be kind to their EA's, all of the assistants are very smart and accomplished but not treated as such. Please remind consultants that the EA's are doing more than phone calls, scheduling, calendaring; 85% of the work the EA's do is project management, documents, travel for clients and candidates, training's, invoicing, etc.

Russell Reynolds2018-02-08

"Great place to work if you like your consultant/co-workers/area manager"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Russell Reynolds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits like high salary, low cost insurance, yearly bonus,yearly profit sharing and 3 weeks PTO to start. Nice people for the most part. Good in-office amenities likes drinks and snacks. Lots of work to do and very challenging work. Never a dull moment. Higher ups have made strides to imporbe company culture and work life balance.

Cons

Old school mentality around flexible work schedules, telecommuting, etc... If your consultant is bad, your life will be miserable as an EA. Tit-for-Tat office politics and tattle-tailing amongst support staff. Feels like there is a lack of respect for support staff. Feel like we are not as important to the firm. There are no "career paths" for most employees. EAs stay EAs, Researchers stay researchers, etc...

Advice to Management

Keep your EAs happy. This job can't be done without good EAs and we need to feel appreciated and respected. We still have a LONG way to go to achieve the kind of work/life balance the employees in the firm deserve.

Russell Reynolds2016-03-16

"Bad Job"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Russell Reynolds full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay and the city view.

Cons

There was absolutely no flexibility or trust associated with the executive assistant position. It was a dead end job with zero respect. I was thrilled to leave.

Russell Reynolds2016-03-29

"Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Burke, VA

I worked at Russell Reynolds for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid overtime was a big plus! Variety of work assignments and the meeting and coordinating of many different people.

Cons

Partners had double-standard that favored the minorities. There was a lack of morals... lying to clients and candidates. NO integrity.

Advice to Management

Value the employees that work hard to preserve and protect the RRA name and image.

Russell Reynolds2016-01-04

"conservative but some eccentric gems"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Russell Reynolds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some lovely people to work with. Very high end clientele, intelligent conversations.

Cons

Very conservative. Buttoned up. Rule based culture.

Advice to Management

Loosen up a little. Let people have more authority over their work.

Russell Reynolds2015-08-26

"Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Russell Reynolds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great EA team; collaborative, good on-board training. All are willing to help get you up to speed. Friendly. Good benefits. .

Cons

No room for growth. Wrong title given to EAs role is more than traditional administrative work. Roles can very much be segregated at times.

Advice to Management

Train consultants on how to be managers. How to lead and direct a team. RRA behaviour is taught from the top down.

Russell Reynolds2015-07-10