Ruthi Postow Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Ruthi Postow

1. "Great to Work With"

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I hear often from my recruiter who is tuned into my needs and great at finding opportunities to help me grow professionally and also pay my bills.

Cons

Can be slow getting started, if you are interested in working in a particular field you may need to educate your recruiter.

2. "Great Staffing Firm!"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Ruthi Postow Staffing (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Ruthi Postow Staffing for almost two years as a Recruiter. RPSI is one of the most professional organizations I have ever worked for. From the top down, the entire staff is incredibly professional, dedicated, hard working and fun! They work tirelessly with their clients to find qualified candidates and they are wonderful to job seekers. I loved working for the firm because of it's entrepreneurial environment. Because it's a small boutique firm, there is real opportunity to grow one's career. My manager, Jenni O'Toole is hands-down one of the best in the business and it was a real honor working for her. Thanks for everything Jenni!

Cons

Lots of fun celebrations can lead to extra calorie consumption.

3. "Temporary Employee"

Pros

Fast turn around. Friendly staff. Great communication. Weekly paycheck. Relationships with great companies. Take qualifications and interests into account when looking for positions, even if temporary.

Cons

Large discrepancy between paycheck and what the company is paying RP. Not much follow up once placed with a company.

Advice to Management

I didn't feel like I had a strong relationship with my recruiters, and was also unclear who my recruiter was at certain points during the process. I also think the company should be up front about the discrepancy between paycheck and money RP receives.

5. "Not for everyone"

I worked at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time

Pros

You are able to learn a lot about staffing and Human Resources in a short amount of time. You also get access to cool organizations in DC and learn about how they operate.

Cons

If you are anxious, or don't work well under extreme pressure, this isn't the job for you. There is a constant need for better results no matter how well you are doing. You are also not given the best resources to do that.

6. "thumbs up!"

Former Employee - Recruiter

Pros

I was an internal employee at Ruthi Postow for a short time, but I SO enjoyed my experience there! I came into this position with no experience whatsoever in staffing, so I cannot speak to the "technology" issue that a previous reviewer experienced, but I felt that everything was very up to date. Management really understands that it takes time to learn the ropes of the industry, and is patient while you learn and make mistakes. The office environment is extremely positive and close-knit, even when the work comes in at a fast pace. I truly enjoyed my time with this team, even if it was short-lived

Cons

You find out very quickly whether or not staffing is for you. There is a high turnover rate which may seem intimidating, but again, this is a very specific field and if the position and industry is not for you, it IS not be a job you will stay with very long.

Advice to Management

I LOVE Ruthi!

7. "Close-knit team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CULTURE: The team is really dedicated and engaged- and they truly believe in finding the right fit for candidates and clients. The message comes directly from the CEO and partners to be honest and up-front about opportunities, available positions, and the market. As an employee this is a relief- there isn't pressure to compromise values to make a deal happen.

FEEDBACK: Management is also willing to take time and offer additional training if there is an area of improvement, and will sit down to have a discussion when an issue arises.

STAFF: The team itself is a pro, the partners pay attention to culture-fit when they are hiring. Everyone knows how to keep their head down and get work done, but there will be jokes, happy hours, and when you do a great job you'll receive congratulations and thank you's. Because chemistry is important, new hires will often meet most of the team before they start.

Cons

The office is extremely fast paced; the needs of the business can change minute to minute. It's also a small team. This isn't necessarily a problem, but it isn't for everyone. Whoever comes on board has to be ready to jump right in and wear many hats- if one person is out for a week chances are you will take on aspects of his or her role. You have to be assertive and actively ask questions, offer to help, and be willing to make a lot of calls.

For better or worse you will gain exposure to all aspects of the company. This can be a bit chaotic, but it is also an opportunity. Someone flexible and eager to help can learn a lot and be part of decision-making.

Advice to Management

The management is made up of big personalities, but the partners all have a sense of humor. Even when the office is busy, they usually are able to make time and are receptive when employees reach out and ask for help or guidance. They will also openly ask for feedback (and it's not a false ask, they really want it)- probably one of the best qualities of Ruthi Postow Staffing!

8. "Passionate, Committed Staff"

I worked at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Ruthi Postow Staffing for more than 5 years and the staff was some of the most dedicated and passionate employees I've ever worked with. They were driven to find the best possible jobs they could for their candidates.

Recruiters and business developers were given the opportunity for unlimited compensation potentional. This is not the right job for anyone unwilling to make calls to find the right candidate or the right position.

Cons

Sometimes the candidate does not understand it's two way communication. Let your recruiter know weekly you're still looking and available. Don't be afraid to accept a job you don't think is perfect. You never know when it can lead to a career, it did for me.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been a recruiter with the company for almost a year and honestly it's a great place to work. The client are exciting (sometimes frustrating) and the candidates are incredibly interesting (also, sometimes frustrating!). The management structure is flat so you always have immediate resources for questions, from anyone in the company. This is a good company for someone that want's to work for good people that work hard.

Cons

I have nothing negative to really say. Recruiting is definitely not for anyone and everyone. It takes a special person to communicate with the diverse types of people that we deal with. But, if you have the right personality, the job will be very rewarding and fun. The environment is also easy going and friendly.

Advice to Management

More happy hours

10. "Please look at other staffing companies with better training programs!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-If you are a temp looking for employment with a good resume, they will treat you well but beware of internal employment opportunities! Internally there are a handful of employees who some tenure there, but these folks have learned how to make sure they are left alone by the horrible management.
    -The comp plan is industry standard.
    -They don't expect long hours.

Cons

There is essentially no training program and management is mostly out of the office- with very infrequent trips in office and very little knowledge of what is actually happening at the company and the challenges their employees are facing. Occasionally they will come in and get very upset about lack of results. They are also incredibly adverse to technology and still insist on hand writing certain documents! Very high turn over, invests very little in their employees. You won't learn a lot of staffing or recruiting technologies here.

Advice to Management

Out source your training program and learn how to incorporate technology.

Ruthi Postow Staffing Response

Aug 7, 2015 – Research and Marketing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn you had a poor experience working with our company. We are disappointed that you felt management was unavailable. Our management team continues ... More

11. "Administrative assistant"

I worked at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time

Pros

Ruthi Postow staffing was very helpful in locating a temp to hire position in the Washington DC metro area. Staff was very helpful and attentive.

Cons

In the Washington, DC metro market, given the high cost of living, the salary that RP Staffing positions offered was not really sufficient.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work. Potentially work to locate positions which could offer your employees a slightly higher level of pay.