Ryan, LLC Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ryan provides the training needed to succeed Ryan offers employees a work/life balance that is like no other company (in 88 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 19 reviews)

• The bonus structure promotes a selfish environment (in 17 reviews)

"Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently finished my first year at Ryan and I can't say enough great things about this company. I'm surrounded by highly intelligent and ambitious people that make me excited to come to work every day. My time in Severance Tax has been very rewarding so far and I can't wait to see what comes next. I would definitely recommend applying to work at Ryan if you're a college student about to graduate.

Cons

Network connectivity problems can be an annoyance, but given that's the only con I can think of, I think Ryan is doing a pretty great job.

Advice to Management

It seems that Severance Tax has a winning formula when it comes to management. My only advice would be to keep up the great work. Additionally, I really think that the monthly all-hands calls from the CEO are a great way to distribute information and feel connected at a firm-wide level.

2. "A Company That Truly Cares for Its Employees"

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan cares for its employees well-being, which is directly evidenced by it's work/life balance program called MyRyan. I previously worked at another accounting firm, and was drawn to a company like Ryan- a company that treated its employees like they were indispensable. Ryan wants its employees to stay at the firm and succeed, not just leave after two years. It's possible to have a successful career and a life while working at the firm. Programs like MyRyan attract top talent that make going to work each day great. Also, Ryan's client service is superior to other firms in its field. Ryan has time and again saved clients more money than other firms.

Cons

The flexible work program is great- but you still must complete your work in a timely manner and with high quality. This firm is best for high achievers and hard workers.

Advice to Management

The monthly status update meeting from the CEO were great. Its always nice to hear how well the company is doing!

3. "Just a GREAT Company."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

myRyan - Great work life balance culture.
    Career Advancement - Put in the work and learn the trade - no limitations on growth.
    Benefits - Soon to be father, Ryan offers 4 weeks of paternity, full pay.
    Facilities - Top notch, brand new office in NOLA.
    Career Growth - Ryan invests in their people; tons of training and development programs and opportunities.

Cons

401K match program needs to be better.

Advice to Management

Keep listening.

5. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional environment, hard working people that encourage one another in growth.

Cons

MyRyan is a great opportunity for those needing flexible hours, however, too many take advantage of it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for putting your employees first - we appreciate it!

6. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan really is a great place to work. The compensation, atmosphere, and opportunities for growth are all huge positives when working at this company. The bonus structure is extraordinarily generous for employees at all levels. However, I have never experienced or heard of another company that offers anything that can compete with the work-life balance experienced at Ryan.

Cons

The only "con" is that the 401k plan could be better.

Advice to Management

Brint, you've heard it before, the 401k plan is the only thing holding this company back from being the perfect place to work. Great job overall!

7. "Highly Satisfied"

Current Employee - Transaction Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Transaction Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

I've worked in the tax consulting industry since graduating college and Ryan is the best place I've worked to date. Unlike other tax firms, I have an unprecedented amount of autonomy over my work due to high level of trust my team shares coupled with the flexibility of the MyRyan program. MyRyan is a results oriented program that allows employees to work whenever and wherever so long as the work is completed accurately and exceeds client's expectations. MyRyan has enabled me to be the most creative and innovative employee I can be, i.e. if I need to leave work early on a particular day, I'll figure out a new & more efficient way to solve a problem or streamline a process in order to maximize the time & resources I have within the office.
    I think the creativity and ingenuity the MyRyan program inspires has been beneficial for both my clients and me.

Coworkers-
    I have never met a stranger at Ryan. My team is incredibly supportive, flexible, experienced, and hardworking. We have fun inside and outside of the office. Everyone on my team has an extensive knowledge of the tax we practice, which makes things much simpler.

Continuing Education-

I am a life learner, so I appreciate all of the continuing education offered through the company. The seminars and classes offered by Ryan are often enjoyable and I always end up making new friends through them.

Cons

I wish we had more office wide events & a student loan "paydown" program.

8. "Fantastic Company to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The MyRyan flexible working environment is a great tool for individuals to be able to work from home as well as in the office. The company's bonus structure is self motivating which can lead entry level professionals to quick growth with successful performance.
    There is not a plan in place for some practices with milestones that need to be completed in order to be promoted.

Cons

Some teams are provided more substantial projects because they have been around longer and have proven to be successful in that specific tax area.

9. "Perfect for Working Mothers!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The MyRyan work environment is phenomenal. As a working mother, I am able to work from home with my children and work on my own schedule, as long as I meet my client service goals. The peer recognition system allows employees to award each other for a job well done.

Cons

10. "Rating for Ryan, LLC"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

• myRyan flexible work hours make being a mom and full-time employee possible.
    • The actual consulting job is stimulating and fun.
    • The opportunity to move up is attainable and self-motivated.
    • The learning atmosphere is full of mentors and guidance and is not intimidating.
    • Ryan encourages healthy lifestyles and fitness.
    • Ryan Pride encourages positive feedback and recognizes greatness.
    • Everyone at Ryan wants each other to succeed and be their best.

Cons

I do not have a con.

Advice to Management

• Continue to mentor the upcoming leaders.
    • Keep the open communication and firm involvement.

11. "Use Tax Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere with a lot of income earning potential. Consultants and Seniors can make north of 6 figures after a few years if on the right team. My Ryan flexibility is awesome. Some teams work from home a couple days a week.

Cons

If you don't get hired on a solid team your work/life balance & MyRyan usage goes away, stress goes up, and compensation is much less. Company is sold as being able to control your own path but bottle necking is becoming more and more apparent.