Ryan, LLC Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Pittsburgh, PA

4.9
Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 91 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 20 reviews)

• Lack of upward movement and bonus structure or lack there of (in 18 reviews)

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Great work environment; Lot's of work/life balance and flexibility in return for achieving results. Paid parking lease is a great perk! RyanPride is a cool recognition program where points are awarded by anyone in the company wishing to recognize another employee. Points can be cashed in for gift cards or merchandise. Another pro is the learning/training opportunities we are provided and encouraged to take advantage of.

Cons

In the position I hold, there are no cons that I feel strongly about. Ryan is a truly a great place to work if you are committed and dedicated to your work!

Advice to Management

Management does a good job with open communications. I would like to see that continue. I like the monthly calls Brint Ryan holds to provide updates on goals, results and other news and or changes happening in the Company.

"Nice people, tedious work"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Work/life balance, good pay, nice culture

Cons

Boring work, tedious at times

"Not your average "tax" career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people view tax compliance as boring and tedious, but Ryan makes the tax environment much more interesting. Learning about each client will teach you a little bit about many different industries. Each client and state also brings up different issues, which causes you to research specific case by case issues - rather than doing the same thing every day. The flexible work environment is great.

Cons

There are some deadlines that cause you to work long hours. Since everything is results driven, you are encouraged by managers to work long hours into the evenings, on occasion.

Advice to Management

Encourage team leaders and managers to allow their team members to use the myRyan work environment more freely. Many team members feel guilty about working less than 9-10 hour days.

5. "This is the best job I ever had."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay for your parking and the they have flexible work hours.

Cons

I can't think of any negative thing about Ryan.