Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "With a firm full of high achievers, there can be a tendency to place work-life balance in the rear view mirror" (in 23 reviews)

• "Lack of Casual Dress Code that other companies have adopted" (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Progressive work environment"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ownership and Management are progressive and open to change. The firm is recognized around the world as one of the best places to work. Everyone at the firm is helpful and extremely knowledgeable, which makes it a great place to learn and develop.

Cons

Not many here. You have to be willing to work hard to reep the benefits this firm has to offer. Something I really appreciate about it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and listening to your employees. Having the discussions and openness to change will take this firm far. I don't believe there is a consulting firm out there that can compete with what Ryan has built. Great work!

"Best of Both Worlds = Work-Life Balance + Fulfilling Work Experience!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Background: I began working at Ryan, LLC almost 5 years ago, right out of college. I'm a Senior Consultant in the Transaction Tax Practive (Sales & Use Tax).
    - You can begin the job with minimal knowledge of tax and still do very well thanks to the collaborative team-dynamic, various training sessions and learning courses offered to you at all times.
    - myRyan (our program for work-life balance) is what sold me from the very beginning and it has been everything I hoped for and more! The ability to work from home and take off when needed for vacation, appointments, general life/home maintenance makes me feel appreciated and respected as an employee. I'm so grateful to have a CEO and manager who understand and respect that we all have lives outside of work!
    - You can take pride and comfort in knowing that your clients are happy to be working with you because your main goal is to save them money and help them as much as possible. In return, you receive a nice bonus and grateful clients!
    - You receive compensatory bonuses based on the amount of money you save your clients. It gives your work more of a purpose and incentivises everyone to work in harmony to achieve the best results!
    - Smart Casual Dress Code EVERYDAY! We recently received approval from our CEO to dress in smart casual attire (jeans and nice shirt) every day, with the exception of certain client visits here and there. Again, it makes me feel valued and appreciated as an employee that Brint Ryan listens to our requests and implements changes in a timely manner.
    - There is no busy season, just busy weeks here and there, but your team is always there to help out and pick up slack when needed.
    Overall, the work is challenging, but very interesting and rewarding. Taxes of all kind are very relevant and applicable to everyones' everyday lives so the knowledge you gain can be used in and out of the workplace.

Cons

- Sometimes myRyan can be misused. Although I haven't really experienced this as my team has always been very understanding and we all seem to be on the same page with regard to the myRyan do's and don't's, not every team is so lucky. It is important to keep in mind that if you feel like your team or manager is using myRyan incorrectly or unfairly, you need to speak with your team's principal or HR to explain your issues with it and brainstorm possible solutions.
    - Sometimes bonuses can seem few and far between, but there are usually larger bonuses here and there that make the wait seem worth it.

"consultant, property tax"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Great place to work, MyRyan benefits are spectacular

Cons

underpay compare to other firms

"Great Place to Work - Even Forbes Says So"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ryan is super flexible, aligned to those who work hard, and always seeking to improve. The pay is competitive, the team members are great, and the opportunities are everywhere.

Cons

A better healthcare plan is the only way to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You guys are great at receiving and acting on feedback!

"Trust me; Ryan is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Principal in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Principal in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Ryan, you are given the reigns to control your own destiny. I am living proof of this.

Cons

Obviously hard work and a passion for client service is a must, but what company doesn't value these things.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide opportunities for growth to all team members. Being a part of "Management" myself, I can confidently, and proudly say, this is something where we are second to none.

"Unmatched Opportunity at Ryan"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at two Big Four Accounting Firms. I experienced the bureaucracy and career limitations that have plagued these companies for decades. Ryan offers true opportunity based on results rather than facetime and hourly utilization. I was promoted exponentially faster at Ryan than I could have ever dreamed of at Big Four. My compensation is approximately four to five times the max salary/bonus for my position at Big Four. Most importantly, I have complete control over my career path, my comp, and my family time at Ryan. This is virtually impossible at the Big Four Accounting Firms.

Cons

Not necessarily a "Con", but Ryan is not the best environment for employees who are not driven and have no interest in building a career path.

Advice to Management

We have the best leadership in the industry. Continue focusing on buidling our Firm, and never forget the attributes that make Ryan successful.

"Great Firm to Work For"

Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
    Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro for me is the work-life balance. Being a mom and knowing that I don't have to feel like I'm leaving my job high and dry should an emergency approach makes already stressful situations easier to handle. The management at the firm is also very helpful in making sure you achieve your goals within.

Cons

None that come to mind.

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ryan has a team centric culture that inspires creativity and excitement in the workplace. We are systems in place to help acknowledge the quality of work we do here as well as open door access to our management teams.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Starting my Ryan career as an intern, I loved working at Ryan and now, I LOVE working at Ryan even more as a Senior Consultant (three years later). From the myRyan work culture to the incentive structure, this truly is a great place to work. There is room for upward mobility and hard work is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

After much contemplation, I still can't come up with a con. Come work at Ryan!!

"Mangaer"

Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ryan's flexible work environment, its consistent growth rate as well as its global footprint affords employees a tremendous opportunity to build a successful career. I started Ryan more than 10 years ago as an individual contributor in a new practice area and have had the opportunity to work in three different business units, now serving in a manager capacity. A strong work ethic and a willingness to contribute to the overall success of the company is rewarded at Ryan. The core values of generosity, trust, drive, creativity, integrity and entrepreneurial spirit are lived out every day across the firm and I am proud to be a member of the team.

Cons

Can be long days/weeks depending on project load. Business units are staffed fairly tight.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employees and the success of the business will follow.