Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "With a firm full of high achievers, there can be a tendency to place work-life balance in the rear view mirror" (in 24 reviews)

• "Lack of Casual Dress Code that other companies have adopted" (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am really impressed with the continuous additions to the benefits that Ryan offers its employees. It's a professional organization that offers growth for those who seek it and desire it. Work and life balance is achievable at Ryan. Overall, a great company to work for.

Cons

Compensation has room for improvement; however, this year showed efforts and strides towards addressing this.

Advice to Management

For some, the glass is always half empty and it is hard to change that mindset. There are numerous employees that are proud and grateful for the opportunity at Ryan. Keep up the great work!

"Senior Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant Senior in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant Senior in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love to be able to work from home.
    When I do go into the office we can dress casual.
    Mr. Ryan listens to what his employee's have to say.
    I would highly recommend working for Ryan LLC.

Cons

I do not have any Cons

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love my job, love helping companies and people improve their situation. Ryan is the dominant player in the field, we have the expertise and the people to be the best. The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well within the firm, driving results and client satisfaction.
    Excellent benefits, flexible work environment. Management is adapting to the changing work environment and listening to ideas from all levels of the organization.

Cons

Pay scale is below market, even with the benchmark bonus level. All compensation conversations seem to end with "but with the bonus structure you could be making so much more" -which is true, for some, but not for all.
    Some parts of the company feel very Dallas-centric (but they are making efforts for the smaller offices)
    Some managers are stuck in old habits. Your bonuses depend largely on which team you are on and the projects you get to work on.
    No company is perfect, but Ryan is working towards the best.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and looking for improvements.
    Create additional training/support for new staff and new managers

"The truth that people are scared to say because of how negative criticism is taken there."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MyRyan policy (allows a flexible work schedule)

Cons

Underpaid (by industry standard), bonus compensation is unfair, does not truly care about all employees (only ones that directly affect his bottom line or when you don’t take a survey

Advice to Management

Two of the company’s core values that they fail at internally is Generosity Matters and Integrity Always. While Ryan my help in the community and donate to charities he knowingly under pays his employees. He has stated, for lack of better words that it doesn't matter how hard you work or how heavy your team’s workload is you will get paid a lower percentage of what the industries standard is and get less of a raise or bonus. A team can have triple the work load but because their "benchmark" is not as high as the other team with less work, the team with less of a workload will get paid more (because they are making him more money for less work). He has said on more than one occasion that it doesn't matter how you feel if you don't like it you can leave. That again shows that all he cares about is his pockets instead of practicing his core value of Integrity Always (doing what’s right). Doing what right means treating your employees right too not just your clients. My team of analyst work like dogs and they couldn't even see a full $1.00 raise per person from a company that says generosity matters. Last year the company made about 20 million just 5 million (estimated) shy of the goal for the year but because we didn’t hit the goal which was set high anyways no one got the profit sharing bonus. Not even the ones that made their team goal that he set for them to make. All he said was thanks but no thanks work even harder to the ones that actually did their part. Do you think people will work like that again seeing that type of outcome? The only good thing and the reason why a lot of people stay is because of the MyRyan Policy and being able to work from home (as you see that’s the main pro people state in their reviews). So, while his focus is reaching 1 billion dollars, mind you we are half way there, he continues to fail at “Sharing The Success” with the ones under him that help him get there. The ones that if we were all gone who would be there to do the leg work to get to 1 billion.

I get it if you “look” like a great company that means more business/revenue, more people want to work here etc. but happy employees actually makes you a great company because they provide better service.

One big piece of advice is take the time to see what your employees have to go through to get their job done for you. Then maybe you can better understand why so many principles, managers, consultants, analyst etc. leave Ryan and why people have started refusing to take the surveys. Before you spend millions to build a new building how about you invest that into your employees from the bottom then up.

Every chief needs his Indians.

5. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance environment. A good place to be if your not a driven individual.

Cons

Employees are consistently underpaid in certain service delivery segments, compared to other revenue producing segments within the company due to lack of consistency within the bonus structure.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of how the company had such exponential growth in the past, which is by sharing the profit in an impactful way.

"Property Tax Consultant"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Great health benefits for families.

Cons

Not so work from home friendly

Advice to Management

Communication

"Every office operates very differently"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities are easily accessible if you work hard enough.

Cons

Brint, the owner feels very strongly regarding the implementation of the program "MyRyan". Unfortunately, most team leads outside of the headquarters in Dallas do not chose to follow the CEO's policy regarding this employment benefit. "MyRyan" for Houston's property tax team means to NEVER have a disconnect from work. You never get a real sick day, never a real vacation. You can expect to get calls, emails and texts even if you are in the hospital. It leads to early burnout and resentment towards upper management.

Advice to Management

Work as hard as your staff. Have some empathy with people experiencing issues outside of work. AND ALLOW YOUR EMPLOYEES TO TRULY USE MYRYAN AS BRINT INTENDED.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility.....MyRyan is awesome! Great people to work with, CEO is clear on the vision and what it takes to reach our goals.

Cons

Not a ton here.....the only thing I'd say is there should be no salary cap.

Advice to Management

Understand that different states have different needs financially

"Ryan"

Pros

Benefits, people, work from home

Cons

There is a lot of work, so be prepared

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great work environment, great benefit, great management, and great opportunities for growth.
    - benefits are amazing!
    An opportunity to sit and actually make an impact with leadership.
    - no micromanagement

Cons

- Offices and furnitures are very outdated on some floors.
    - Salary is good but could be better.
    - hiring processes take very as everything needs leadership approval

Advice to Management

Improve hiring processes as you may end up losing great talent due to the waiting period.