Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

4.1

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 97 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 22 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, flexible hours, exciting travel, countless perks. I have worked at other big name companies prior, and they don't even compare. At Ryan I feel valued and like my opinion counts. The CEO, G. Brint Ryan, is very hands-on, which is wonderful. He lends and ear to any concerns people have. He holds monthly all-hands calls to keep everyone on the same page. I feel like I make a difference doing my work, and it is almost always rewarded in some form. It is a fantastic work environment and there are endless opportunities!

Cons

If anything, I would say that some of our IT equipment/services could be updated, but they are already working on this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work staying in communication with everyone in the firm. It really is appreciated more than you could ever know.

"Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ryan is the best place I have ever worked since moving to Arizona, and that was 22 years ago. Every company I have worked for in the past does not come close to the generosity and integrity that Ryan shows to their employees time and time again. Family oriented. The open door policy, and the most important key, "TEAMWORK"! It's a great place to work. I'm proud to be part of the Ryan Team.

Cons

I have worked for Ryan for a year now, and to be honest, I have not seen any downsides of working for Ryan.

Advice to Management

Keep the "open door policy". Keep the "Team Work" agenda open at all times. Productivity depends on it.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ryan has a very flexible work environment to provide a great life-work balance. It is a high-pressure atmosphere, but that is the nature of the work. The culture reflects that they live their values.

Cons

There really aren't any cons, in my opinion.

"The best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MyRyan provides work flexibility, work with very intelligent, kind people, excellent pay.

Cons

Commute can be tough some days because of traffic.

Advice to Management

It would be wonderful if the new Legacy West building was completed sooner--otherwise, it's a great place to work.

"The best place to work!"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Where do I start? Pay based on performance.....flexible work environment with myRyan....client facing.....monthly team-building allowance to bond with team....reimbursement for health club membership....strong Purpose and Core Values that everyone lives up to....reward points to give to co-workers to recognize performance...and so much more.

Cons

High growth company that sometimes experiences growing pains. No big deal. There is so much opportunity that I find myself working a lot. It is a "con" but a "pro" because of the high growth and opportunity for myself and others.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Drive for Success"

Current Employee - Middle Management
    Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- The "Why"- doing what we do for our clients so they pay what they owe, no more and no less
    - Company Drive for Success
    - Ability for each employee to be an owner of their own success- as long as they have the initiative to find the path and put in the effort
    - Flexibility
    - Compensation
    - Communication

Cons

- A High drive for success can sometimes cause a high stress environment but training and team environment can provide tools for dealing with stressful times
    - Spreading out of practice teams across the US can lead to some limitations and consistency for hands-on and effective training of managers and staff.

"Great Place to Work - lots of opportunities and flexible work environment"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

The Ryan culture is based on strong core values.

Cons

There are so many opportunities, that employees may need coaching and training on how to balance priorities.

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Property Tax Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Property Tax Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime is available. Unfortunately their isn't much to say but if Property Tax is your thing, you better work overtime to get recognized.

Cons

The people specifically in Compliance Property Tax were unprofessional, backstabbing, and not understanding whatsoever. Favoritism played a role. Training wasn't the best. Management was unclear on expectations. The vibe becomes negative because of the employees and management/director. As long as you work overtime five days a week, nobody bothered you.

Advice to Management

Professionalism and respect needs a lot of work.

"Great work life balance but luck of draw"

Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Utilizing myRyan for work/life balance, company cares for employees by implementing tools to submit "anonymous" tips, community service is big value

Cons

Inefficient practices, outdated tools, glass ceiling depending on team, favouritism is definitely shown amongst teams, luck of the draw for what team and industry assigned

"Great vacation policy, but greedy top management"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The vacation policy is phenomenal! Very flexible and accommodating.
    The salary is good.

Cons

-Bonuses and awards are only for the very high producers. There is an annual meeting to dole out awards. The same groups tend to win each year, leaving the majority of employees to feel shamed and left out.
    -I felt deceived when I departed. I was told I would receive my departure payment at the end of the month in which I departed; however, the money due to me was not received until 2.5 months later and put me in financial difficulty. I felt quite deceived.
    -I didn't have consistent work, but when I did, I worked 65+ hours per week, and often worked 7 days a week. It was horrible and I didn't see family for weeks at a time.
    -The 401(k) matching was very minimal at best. It was quite disappointing.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect, and be thankful to all employees, not only those at the top levels of income production.