Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 94 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Senior management can take some time to institute new changes

2. "Summer Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern

Pros

Everyone is very helpful and willing to help you out.
    Able to communicate directly with managers and principals.

Cons

No significant cons about working here.

"Good Firm!"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Fast growing company and good client base.

Cons

Leadership needs to take more care of the staff.

Advice to Management

Take care of your staff and don't only focus on the high level leadership.

4. "Devils in the Details..."

Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a great company. Having worked in the corporate sector for several Fortune 500 companies Ryan is a breath of fresh air (I often say it's Disneyland). I've never worked so hard in my life an not been bitter because I truly enjoy my clients and my team. The CEO and executive team are committed to the employees, clients and level of service expected. Additionally, the executive team is happy to bring anyone along for the ride with plans of reward for contribution which is refreshing. All ideas at all levels are truly appreciated and heard which you rarely experience and I'm so appreciative to have a voice. The clients are amazing and have become an everyday part of my life that I truly enjoy working with them. Ryan makes it easy to manage with a supportive HR team and the ability to provide employees time and flexibility you can reward your employees by giving them a life when the work cycle permits. I really believe I'm about to be part of something great in the next few years if the cons below start to be addressed.

Cons

My current service line does not share in a highly incentivized bonus program therefore, no matter how hard myself, team or even direct manager work or how lean our portion of the business is run or how much revenue we work we never get to reap the rewards of our hard work. Additionally, we are in a LOSING office that dictates our share of all incentive and annual bonuses they are management heavy, their teams are held to the lowest expectation of performance and you couldn't get them to hustle if the building was in fire. These post merger employees do not see the Ryan big picture and we all suffer the unintended consequences. All of the above had led me to look into other job options outside of Ryan.

Advice to Management

The devil is in the detail you need to go granular examine of your service lines at a Director/Manager level. Understand who is really building and working the bulk of the business revenue and volume; you would be shocked and disgusted which is how I feel almost every day especially when I pull 90 hour work weeks and have to push my employees to their own limits because we are in an office of government work mentality peers. Change the bonus program talk to your principals about including the people who work their accounts in the commission break out it's like a battlefield begging for money you work hard to ensure gets billed it's demeaning.

"Consultant"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

good work life balance, flexible schedule

"Core Values of Life"

Current Employee - Senior Accounts Receivable in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Accounts Receivable in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job has not only allowed me to grow professionally, it has also helped me become a better person.

As a firm, we have values to uphold: Integrity, Trust, Creativity, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Generosity, Drive, and Mastery of the Job.

As an employee of a few years, I have realized that one alone does not simply demonstrate the core values of the Firm. We are inspired to demonstrate the core values. Given the proper tools of development, I believe that all employees could be MORE.

Providing us with new systems and software promotes "Entrepreneurial Spirit" and "Creativity"
    Encouraging us to volunteer with the company at a planned event inspires us to show some "Integrity" and be "Generous" with our time.
    Recognizing us for a job well-done provides feelings of "Drive" and "Trust", which we often return to others.

Cons

It often takes a while to get new policies and procedures established. I understand this is a difficult process as we don't like to leave anything uncovered.

Advice to Management

Direct communication is needed in all instances. Really appreciate the monthly "All Hands" call.

7. "Use Tax Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere with a lot of income earning potential. Consultants and Seniors can make north of 6 figures after a few years if on the right team. My Ryan flexibility is awesome. Some teams work from home a couple days a week.

Cons

If you don't get hired on a solid team your work/life balance & MyRyan usage goes away, stress goes up, and compensation is much less. Company is sold as being able to control your own path but bottle necking is becoming more and more apparent.

8. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

MyRyan and flexible work environment

Cons

heavy travel, time tracking and burdensome HR systems

"Its an ok place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, and ok benefit

Cons

Not fit for someone just looking for collect a paycheck

Advice to Management

Na

"Great Experience Thus Far, Unique Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ryan is a company built on the principle that working harder and smarter than anyone else yields tremendous success. That belief permeates the culture at Ryan in a very positive way. The myRyan program illustrates that, which is essentially a policy that lifts the limits of PTO and remote working time in exchange for the expectation that employees will get their work done and be more successful. In my time at Ryan (under one year as of this review), I've found it to be a great place to work. One that prides itself on being a leader among peers, with aspirations of reaching greater heights. The CEO is very candid, recently starting a monthly series of company-wide calls, where the Q&A is open and honest.

Cons

While I personally enjoy the open communication the CEO provides, it may not be within everyone's comfort zone. The environment is very fast-paced, with little in the way of established protocols and procedures for job duties. For someone who is ready to learn on the fly with minimal hand-holding, it's a great place.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of the people, and the results will follow.