Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

4.2

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 93 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Establish a successful career"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are driven, want to work with others that are very bright and motivated and want a successful career, then this is the place for you. At Ryan, the focus is being the best we can at what we do and providing the best service for our clients. This requires hard work, but the hard work pays off. You are recognized for what you do at Ryan, and this includes compensation-wise and in terms of promotions. The icing on the cake is that I feel like I can have the best of both worlds – work towards a high-powered, successful career while also having the flexibility to work remotely when needed thanks to MyRyan.

Cons

There are a number of administrative obligations that can get tedious, but Management has been working hard to work on these.

Advice to Management

Please continue to ask us to provide you our feedback. You do a great job of listening to what your employees tell you and then acting on it!

2. "Great internship experience"

Current Employee - Sales and Use Tax Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Use Tax Intern in Dallas, TX

Pros

My Ryan program
    Endless advancement opportunities
    Work based promotion, not time based
    Growing internship program- went from 5 to 11 in one year

Cons

Work hours can be long
    Can require extensive traveling

3. "The most entrepreneurial organization I've ever experienced. Terrific opportunities here all over the globe."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Best financial opportunity in tax coupled with an award-winning work environment that is truly radical. The company is truly doing exceptional things.

Cons

It is not for everyone! The challenges presented by the multi-disciplinary representation of major global businesses should not be under estimated. It involves substantial travel and is sometimes punctuated by stressful moments.

Advice to Management

None

4. "This is the most challenging, fulfilling, rewarding job I have had in my career."

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Smart people, brilliant CEO, innovative approaches, unlimited earning potential. You have the chance to run your own business, essentially.

Cons

There is much to do, so you have to pace yourself! We have flexible hours, but limited time and resources.

Advice to Management

Ensure that those who don't add value are not allowd to linger and bring others down.

5. "I have been so pleased with Brint's efforts to make Ryan a place where I will want to work for life."

Current Employee - Receptionist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Dallas, TX

Pros

Our CEO and chairman, Brint Ryan, deeply cares for his employees, and does a wonderful job of communicating that. His continuous efforts to make Ryan the best place to work are clearly visible from any position within the firm.

Cons

At times it feels as though mistakes are unacceptable. While we all strive to produce our very best work, mistakes are inevitable, and are sometimes treated too harshly.

6. "Ryan, LLC is a wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Corporate Administrator in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Corporate Administrator in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Ryan, LLC is a company that is well respected in the tax industry, and by the taxing authorities. The Company makes a sincere effort to ensure that employees have the resources needed to perform their jobs, and also provides a flexible work environment to promote work/life balance.

Cons

Ryan, LLC has a number of guidelines with respect to the Company's operations. Some would view this as a 'downside'; however, once an employee learns these guidelines, it is actually a plus, because when you know what is expected of you, there is less chance for error.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Ryan has the best balance between workplace flexibility, results based compensation, and overall benefits."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

Pros

The workplace flexibility is great. You have plenty of self-determination of how, where, and when, you work best and are provided the tools to work from home/out-of-office. You don't need to worry about facetime/politics because compensation is results based. The management is very open to suggestions and the support staff is excellent. The benefits package is comprehensive.

Cons

Sometimes it may seem hard to unplug from the grid, but with the workplace flexibilty you have to make yourself available. There are some micromanagement policies and silly purchase approvals, but they are only an annoyance, not a barrier. I used to be a more traditional attorney, so these things are minor annoyances because of past experience, but others may see them as more serious issues.

8. "Wouldn't Work Anywhere Else!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX

Pros

First off, the management staff that I directly report to are able to answer virtually any question that I pose with confidence. If for some odd reason the answer is not known, it is found every time. Above that, the senior management/principal team here are unmatched in the industry. They are some of the most intelligent tax professioanls in the country, which has, and is continuing to bring in extremely large clients across the globe, leaving me with no doubt that we will remain the leading global tax services firm, with the largest indirect tax practice in North America for years to come.

Cons

I can honestly say that there really are no true "cons" that come to mind. The only con I can bring has been put to rest, and that was the fact that I used to feel like I was required to work 50 to 60 hours a week. MyRyan has put that concern to rest, and I can essentially work where I want to work, when I want to work, as long as I achieve my results.

9. "There is no other place I rather be than at Ryan!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

myRyan - With four children, and all of their events/appointments, I am so grateful to be at Ryan. I never feel guilty about leaving early to make a doctor's appointment or to pick up daughter from practice. As long as I make sure that my work is being done and that my clients are happy, there are no restrictions on how I get my work done.

In addition, you can truly meet your career goals at Ryan. There are so many examples in the Manager/Principal position that prove that you can achieve a lot at Ryan.

I truly believe that Brint Ryan, and Ryan as a company, truly cares about their employees.

Cons

I truly believe that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Is Ryan 100% perfect? No. Could base salaries be higher? Sure. Could 401(k) match be better? Sure. Could laptops be better? Yes.

However, at end of day, I rather trust in my own abilities and have the opportunity to make more in bonuses than be stuck at one salary range for the rest of my career. In addition, I rather be at a company that wants to continuously improve and who respects their employees. I can live with a heavy laptop (good exercise when running through airport) and lower 401(k) match to enjoy all the benefits.

Advice to Management

As company continues to grow, emphasize team building events.

10. "Ryan has allowed me to grow professionally and personally!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Ryan offers me the ability to work with the best and brightest professionals along with the opportunity to control my work/life balance with its myRyan culture.

Cons

No significant downside at this time.