Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently finished my first year at Ryan and I can't say enough great things about this company. I'm surrounded by highly intelligent and ambitious people that make me excited to come to work every day. My time in Severance Tax has been very rewarding so far and I can't wait to see what comes next. I would definitely recommend applying to work at Ryan if you're a college student about to graduate.

Cons

Network connectivity problems can be an annoyance, but given that's the only con I can think of, I think Ryan is doing a pretty great job.

Advice to Management

It seems that Severance Tax has a winning formula when it comes to management. My only advice would be to keep up the great work. Additionally, I really think that the monthly all-hands calls from the CEO are a great way to distribute information and feel connected at a firm-wide level.

"Fine, but be wary of glowing glassdoor reviews"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan provided the opportunity for a nice career trajectory if you were willing to put in long, underappreciated hours. There was some flexibility in terms in terms of time off and working from home, but your mileage varies greatly depending on your manager.

Cons

As a manager, you'll report to ten different partners who all believe that you're working exclusively on their projects. You'll be promised project bonuses that often take several years to pay out. Very poor recruiting/onboarding; teams (especially those outside of Texas) might wait months before they get the support they need.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews on Glassdoor. I suspect many of these reviews are fake, and I recommend anyone considering employment here to look at the rating trend and reviews before 2017. Ryan is a 3.5-star workplace, which is fine compared to Big Four and other accounting firms. But as of 2017 there's suddenly a flurry of vaguely-detailed 5-star reviews.

"Worst Company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and Benefits are normal

Cons

I will not recommend working in Ryan LLC. This place is only good if you know someone in the Management otherwise your life will be hell.

1) No Training
    2) Open abuse, no respect at all
    3)My Ryan is totally drama only gives this benefit to their babies and buddies
    4) Very few CA are working,
    5) No Paperless environment, the standard of working is very low not even close to mid-size accounting firms

Advice to Management

Be fair and open your eyes and find out what is going on under your nose,

"Don't Buy the Hype"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a tax professional whose sole goal in life is to make as much money as possible, regardless of what you have to sacrifice to do it, then this is likely to be an excellent place for you to work.

Cons

Read the other reviews on here and pay close attention to how many people find each of them "helpful." (hint: you'll notice tons of people find the negative reviews helpful) If you have the possibility of becoming a corporate employee at Ryan, or are a tax professional who has other interests in life outside of your career, don't believe the hype that Ryan is feeding you. The culture is a complete joke. The concept of professional and personal success they sell only tells half the story. Yes, you have the ability to work whenever and wherever you want. What they don't tell you is that you will be expected to work whenever and wherever THEY want/need you to. Middle of the night? Doesn't matter, the sky is falling. Sunday on a holiday weekend? Doesn't matter, the sky is falling. On vacation? Doesn't matter, the sky is falling. Seriously, people bring their work computers on vacation with them because they're afraid of the earful they'll get if they don't respond to an email within 5 minutes. You'll get emails from your boss expecting you to do actual work on holidays. Your boss will call you at 11 PM on a Sunday to re-do something you did the prior week that needs edits, and it won't be able to wait 9 hours until Monday morning.

If you're being considered for a corporate job, you are not valued. You are seen purely as necessary overhead. Leadership does not view what you do as adding value to the organization. Your role is nothing more than an administrative necessity that cuts into profits. Dallas is a huge town with lots of corporations who will pay you the same money to do the same job where you might not have the same opportunity for working remotely/from home, but you will know what a 40 hour work week looks like, and they do view what you do as valuable and not just administrative overhead. Unless you're in a desperate situation and need any job now, pass on Ryan and go find one of those places to work.

Advice to Management

My advice was never important to management when I worked there, I highly doubt it will be now.

"Worst company if you want to be judged everytime then u can join this company"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Transport facility apart of that I felt I got admissioned in a school which is of one big floor where your manager or leads keep an eye on you standing at any corner of the floor.

Cons

Poor team management even team members shows as if they r friendly but they wait to stab u on back whenever they get chance ..and none knows exactly how to explain clearing as they only not aware about the work.. except to download documents from website n follow some steps...this company was a nightmare for me think twice before you think of investing your time for this company.

Advice to Management

Please don't pretend as if you r very nicest and very supportive and if any team member comes with a complaint against the higher leads don't get biased ..trust n believe the truth..

May 30, 2017 – X

We are sorry you did not enjoy your time at Ryan. We have several tools in place for employees to utilize in such situations, several of which are completely anonymous. We don't have any record of ... More

"Flexibility is great, but that's not all a job should have"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

-Most directors will allow you to work from home at least some of the time.
    -Autonomy to do your work at your pace and your time as long as completed by deadlines.

Cons

-Not being rewarded by a job well done. Sometimes it feels like people are promoted because of how long they have been at Ryan and not how well they do their job.
    -Expectations are set high for incentive programs and the follow through rarely matches.
    -The base salary is FAR below that of comparable positions in the market place.

"Quality"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Pros

Leaves, stress free work environment

Cons

Excessive supervision by managers and team leads

Advice to Management

Hike employee salaries.

"Stuffy"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, skilled workforce, training

Cons

Stuffy, smug, judgmental, way too image conscious, team member competition rather than cooperation.

Advice to Management

We aren't the big 4 so stop acting like we are. We are better than that. Promote team cooperation. Stop the Principal Pyramid.

"Team Leader"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Flexibility like you cannot believe!

Cons

Bonus structure doesn't always feel right in terms of the ratios and how it's divided.

May 30, 2017 – X

Thank you for your comment. Flexibility and the MyRyan are an important part of who we are. We always strive to make the bonus as fair as possible, and continually look for ways to improve. -Ryan

"Very Positive Working Environment"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can find smile on almost every employees face.
    When i leave office, i eagerly wait for tomorrow to come here again.
    I never feel stressed while working.
    Provides great opportunities to grow.
    Recognizes potentials of the employees.
    Very cordial management and leadership team.

Cons

Hitherto, would like to simply say that "not noticed anything like cons"

Thank you for your review! We're glad you're enjoying working for Ryan. -Ryan