Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated January 6, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 100 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 22 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"server"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

fleability, set schedule, hours, customers

Cons

mgmt. not seasoned, turnover, understaffed and hard to keep help

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Company values. They offer work life balance.

Cons

Work load was intense. There wasn't enough time for family or to do community projects. The other con is there is no vacation accural.

3. "Work life balance is what sets Ryan apart."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC (Less than a year)

Pros

- People
    - Company growth
    - Strong desire to help clients
    - Work life balance

Cons

- Management can at times have unrealistic expectations
    - At times, there can be a lack of understanding as to which clients are best for the specific departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, as they are the ones on the ground making sure work gets done.

4. "Great work life balance, but a strong culture of greed."

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work life balance program. Approachable leadership if you have any issues or advice for improvements. CEO truly cares about his employees. You can make a lot of money in bonuses if you're in the right situation.

Cons

A lot of colluding by principals to horde accounts and prospects. Everyone is about money here, so there is a lot of greed and back stabbing here. Horrible training or lack thereof for technical experience, though not the fault of the training department.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on the improvement of the account ownership/sales process even though there will be growing pains. Look to improve project distribution and utilization of teams. Keep innovating your work life balance culture.

Ryan, LLC Response

Jul 27, 2017 – X

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that our efforts towards continual improvement are working.

"Fine, but be wary of glowing glassdoor reviews"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan provided the opportunity for a nice career trajectory if you were willing to put in long, underappreciated hours. There was some flexibility in terms in terms of time off and working from home, but your mileage varies greatly depending on your manager.

Cons

As a manager, you'll report to ten different partners who all believe that you're working exclusively on their projects. You'll be promised project bonuses that often take several years to pay out. Very poor recruiting/onboarding; teams (especially those outside of Texas) might wait months before they get the support they need.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews on Glassdoor. I suspect many of these reviews are fake, and I recommend anyone considering employment here to look at the rating trend and reviews before 2017. Ryan is a 3.5-star workplace, which is fine compared to Big Four and other accounting firms. But as of 2017 there's suddenly a flurry of vaguely-detailed 5-star reviews.

Ryan, LLC Response

Jul 11, 2017 – X

Thank you for your review. We have asked employees to share their thoughts on our work environment in both internal surveys and external sites. Although we strive to be perfect, we realize there... More

"Flexibility is great, but that's not all a job should have"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

-Most directors will allow you to work from home at least some of the time.
    -Autonomy to do your work at your pace and your time as long as completed by deadlines.

Cons

-Not being rewarded by a job well done. Sometimes it feels like people are promoted because of how long they have been at Ryan and not how well they do their job.
    -Expectations are set high for incentive programs and the follow through rarely matches.
    -The base salary is FAR below that of comparable positions in the market place.

"Stuffy"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, skilled workforce, training

Cons

Stuffy, smug, judgmental, way too image conscious, team member competition rather than cooperation.

Advice to Management

We aren't the big 4 so stop acting like we are. We are better than that. Promote team cooperation. Stop the Principal Pyramid.

8. "Good place; Could get better or worst."

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provides variety of job opportunities/Open to new initiatives,
    Growing workplace,
    Work life balance (flexible login hours, work from home, flexible transportation, good leave, holiday policy),
    Among great places to work internationally and aspiring to be one in India.
    and a lot more.

Cons

Even though the our CEO, other top level management and Sr. Director (India) strives to make this a great place to work, this doesn't seem to be the case with mid-level management (in India). Most of them look uninspiring and they are also kind of biased in selections/promotions.
    Some mid-level managers take up the same old initiatives (of course for promotions), which either eats up employees time or causes trouble to them.
    Examples:
    Unnecessary meetings; Time consuming presentations; Excessive admiration at one's own work.
    The latest of this list is something called as Work station utilization. This is all about the use of a desk by two individuals by logging in two different times, which basically means, some employees should either pitch in very early in the day and some employees pitch in evening and work late in the night. This is of course a great initiative in saving the facility costs but very disturbing to the employees in work life balance.
    Note I mentioned ‘Work life balance’ in my pros, but with this initiative, this pro is going to history. This would force employees to adapt unusual sleep, food and health routines. This is just opposite to myRyan policy, which emphasizes on work life balance with employee accountability. It may also impact company ambition to sustain in the great places to work (in India).

Advice to Management

For growth, I think the Indian management should buy in US’s confidence for more work and initiatives, which subsequently helps in growth of India office. I think making this petty saving would help the organization to the 1$ billion mark.

"Great place to wok"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)

Pros

Transparent Management, Wok life balance

Cons

Just Hike and Salary else good

"Director"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MyRyan culture allows for great work/life balance.

Cons

Leadership changes directions all the time to benefit themselves.