Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated November 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 98 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 22 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"Drive for Success"

Current Employee - Middle Management
    Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- The "Why"- doing what we do for our clients so they pay what they owe, no more and no less
    - Company Drive for Success
    - Ability for each employee to be an owner of their own success- as long as they have the initiative to find the path and put in the effort
    - Flexibility
    - Compensation
    - Communication

Cons

- A High drive for success can sometimes cause a high stress environment but training and team environment can provide tools for dealing with stressful times
    - Spreading out of practice teams across the US can lead to some limitations and consistency for hands-on and effective training of managers and staff.

"Ryan Property Tax Nashville Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would agree with the review from August 30th, 2017.

Cons

Management seems to be uninterested in connecting with employees on a personal level and has zero focus on having meaningful interactions.
    Management does get so fixated on employees mistakes that it feels like they don't make mistakes themselves. Nothing kills morale more than when a manager is unwilling to admit a mistake.
    Employee/management relationships appear to be one sided with employees giving a disproportionate amount. Employees are almost always rewarded for good performance with more work.
    Employees very easily get pigeon holed into certain responsibilities and not allowed to work in different areas. Most of the employees here are bored with their work and not challenged intellectually.
    Management appears to be unable to find out what truly motivates employees for a job well done. Management does not have to praise employees for every little thing but the lack of praise can be demotivating.
    Some of the managers are unable to lead by example. There are some that could not perform the same tasks that the employees do.
    There was a rumor that one of the senior consultants might be promoted to manager. If this does happen I expect several people will leave.
    Management does make a lot of stupid rules. For example, we have to be in by a certain time when others do not. They place restrictions on pto when they use a lot more than us.
    Most managers sit in their offices all day with the door closed. The feeling here is that their time is more important than ours.
    Most managers here believe that their role is to enforce rules and micromanage. Trust appears to be a big problem. The office has a "the way we've always done it" feel.

Advice to Management

Be open minded to employee suggestions.

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Property Tax Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Property Tax Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime is available. Unfortunately their isn't much to say but if Property Tax is your thing, you better work overtime to get recognized.

Cons

The people specifically in Compliance Property Tax were unprofessional, backstabbing, and not understanding whatsoever. Favoritism played a role. Training wasn't the best. Management was unclear on expectations. The vibe becomes negative because of the employees and management/director. As long as you work overtime five days a week, nobody bothered you.

Advice to Management

Professionalism and respect needs a lot of work.

"Great vacation policy, but greedy top management"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The vacation policy is phenomenal! Very flexible and accommodating.
    The salary is good.

Cons

-Bonuses and awards are only for the very high producers. There is an annual meeting to dole out awards. The same groups tend to win each year, leaving the majority of employees to feel shamed and left out.
    -I felt deceived when I departed. I was told I would receive my departure payment at the end of the month in which I departed; however, the money due to me was not received until 2.5 months later and put me in financial difficulty. I felt quite deceived.
    -I didn't have consistent work, but when I did, I worked 65+ hours per week, and often worked 7 days a week. It was horrible and I didn't see family for weeks at a time.
    -The 401(k) matching was very minimal at best. It was quite disappointing.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect, and be thankful to all employees, not only those at the top levels of income production.

"Analyst"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work and amigable co-workers. We are able to work from home.

Cons

Constantly working overtime especially during busy season but I guess that's just the nature of the business.

"Terrible Place To Work"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you work on the right team there is good opportunity to a point and you can make more money that you might elsewhere. However, overall the compensation is below average for the industry.

Cons

1. You will get pigeonholed here
    2. There is a lot of dishonesty and false promises at Ryan, you will be underpaid with promises of more compensation if you wait. There is no actual PTO

Please listen to my advice and don't waste your time with this place. If you do stay just as long as it takes you to find a better job and don't be concerned about hopping around to other firms. Don't listen to the promises of better pay.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and honest

"Do not make the mistake of working here"

Current Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people that work here are cool.

Cons

The staff is treated like resources and not valued at all. Pay is below average for this industry. My managers don't seem to have had any management training. My department is required to be in the office at a certain time while others do not. Management plays favorites. Most people here are looking or interviewing for another job. I would not recommend someone for a job here.

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites and treat employees better.

"Be aware!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environments, average pay, decent benefits.

Cons

They promise the world and deliver very little. Management of company is non-existent. You're pretty much on your own. Culture is geared towards individuals rather than team. CEO is responsible for that. He also expects you to go after clients who are late with their payment, but he never pays his vendors on time. People are leaving on a regular basis, despite a promise of a profit sharing bonus payout that has now been delayed three times. (by design). Unless your in the Ryan "Club" you can forget about significant bonuses. Base salaries are not up to market standards , at least in the organization I'm in. No rhyme or reason as to how the work is allocated. Revenue benchmarks are way above realistic. No clear roles as there is much duplication of efforts in my organization.

Advice to Management

Get a professional consultant to come in and reorganize this company and convince the CEO to get out of the way.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Senior management can take some time to institute new changes

"No respect or consideration for long-term employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pros are all in the past.

Cons

Bonuses promised but not paid after months of excuses from senior leader.

Refusal to allow time off after 10 years of service.

No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Just be nice. Follow the golden rule.