Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated August 17, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 96 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 22 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"Great Experience Thus Far, Unique Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ryan is a company built on the principle that working harder and smarter than anyone else yields tremendous success. That belief permeates the culture at Ryan in a very positive way. The myRyan program illustrates that, which is essentially a policy that lifts the limits of PTO and remote working time in exchange for the expectation that employees will get their work done and be more successful. In my time at Ryan (under one year as of this review), I've found it to be a great place to work. One that prides itself on being a leader among peers, with aspirations of reaching greater heights. The CEO is very candid, recently starting a monthly series of company-wide calls, where the Q&A is open and honest.

Cons

While I personally enjoy the open communication the CEO provides, it may not be within everyone's comfort zone. The environment is very fast-paced, with little in the way of established protocols and procedures for job duties. For someone who is ready to learn on the fly with minimal hand-holding, it's a great place.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of the people, and the results will follow.

2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan offers a flexible work environment, which provides working parents with the ability to balance home and work responsibilities. The work is challenging and the company is on a dynamic growth trajectory, providing numerous opportunities for career development.

Cons

Ryan is a performance-based organization and holds its employees accountable. Thus, it is not the right environment for everyone, but if you are self-driven and possess an entrepreneurial spirit, then Ryan could be the right company for you.

3. "Quality People"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My Ryan is a great. But plan on putting in at least 50 hours a week

Cons

Management has a hard time taking advice from non managers

Advice to Management

Employees not in management yet still have great ideas

4. "Administrative assistant"

Pros

Great work / home life balance

Cons

Very Low pay, raises inconsistent

5. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits
    Good opportunities to grow and develop
    Community serve

Cons

Not exactly cons but improvements in progress;
    - Developing people
    - Compensation

Advice to Management

Nothing much

"Senior Tax Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Tax Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedules and working remotely (MyRyan program).

Cons

Most managers refuse to incorporate MyRyan program into the work culture.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to use MyRyan at the same level that you use MyRyan. Employees should be allowed to use MyRyan in a way that helps them be successful (and less stressed) in their career.

Ryan, LLC Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Ryan, LLC

Thank you for your feedback. myRyan is a program that is implemented at the manager level as they can best decide what work environment works best for their particular team. Not all job functions... More

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Property Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Property Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Life Balance. Benefits. The galleria is connected, which makes it nice to take a break and walk over there.

Cons

Lack of upward movement and bonus structure or lack there of.

Advice to Management

Update the dress policy because most employees never see clients and you don't need to be in a button down and jacket everyday to do the work we do. Reshape the policies on advancement because you don't need to be a consultant for 2-3 years, then senior consultant for 5 years before you make management.

8. "Great Fit for Driven Individuals"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

For ambitious driven individuals there is no company I know of that can give you a better opportunity than Ryan. Every day presents different challenges and opportunities to grow as an individual. The experiences I have had here over the last ten years and what I have learned have far exceeded my expectations when I started. Ryan is structured in such a way that every time you get to another level within the organization a new skill set is needed and you are forced to grow as a professional. I could not ask for a better career path/development opportunity.

Cons

Consulting, by it's nature, is not for everyone. Inspite of the best planning if a client needs something the next day and it is 5:00 pm we get it done. Ryan has a very generous compensation model but with that comes the expectation that your clients come first. For some this works and for others it doesn't.

Ryan has grown very rapidly in the last 10 years and as a result there are definitely growing pains and areas on the corporate side that can use improvement. However, management is working on fixing these issues and those that have the patience and understanding to stick through it will be well rewarded for that.

Lastly, just like anywhere else a big factor can be the individual team you are on and how well you fit with your direct supervisor. There are good and bad managers at Ryan and many of the comments on glass door are a result of comments from individuals that worked for bad managers. Overall however I believe that is the exception not the norm.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on improving the corporate structures and positioning ourselves for the next ten years of growth.

9. "Tax Consultant"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Great starting job. People are nice.

Cons

Long hours can be overwhelming at times.

10. "overall good place to work"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment and company is constantly working to provide a great place to work.

Cons

Company does not address cost of living across markets or adjusts yearly

Advice to Management

Review cost of living markets