Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 94 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

1. "Working at Ryan allows me control the direction of my career and professional developement."

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Ryan are: income opportunities, youthful atmosphere, flexible schedules, and being part of a team that doesn't accept anything less than the best.

Cons

A copule of the downsides to working at Ryan are that the first year or so is pretty tough, and some positions require a great deal of travel (maybe that's a positive for some people).

2. "Great work-life balance and earnings potential"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

myRyan is a great flexiblity program. The incentive compensation package ensures you get paid for what you put in to a project. This can be pretty lucrative if you have good projects.

Cons

It seems that that projects with high potential are not distributed equally. Some teams are "pigeon-holed" into a specific state/industry and don't get a chance to build their experience and gain access to great projects.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, but find a way to give teams greater opportunity.

3. "Treated as a professional and work life balance is exceptional."

Current Employee - Sales and Use Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Use Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Management demonstrates respect to employees by treating them as professionals.

Cons

You can sometimes find it difficult to disconnect, however management strongly encourages disconnecting when at home or on vacation.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

4. "Ryan is a place I feel comfortable to be myself and everyone is rooting for personal and professional success here!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX

Pros

Flexible work schedule, friendly and caring co-workers and management, accountability, input on how the company should be run, transparency in the company's financials and future goals, awesome incentive bonus structure, great work facilities and equipment, I could go on...

Cons

There is not much to complain about at Ryan, at least in my experience. It can be a high stress career, but I think the firm tries to alleviate that stress with encouraging health and work-life balance.

Advice to Management

The leadership team is doing an amazing job! I love to feel that I am held accountable for what I am doing on a daily basis, but it's impacting the company both financially and otherwise. Employees being a part of the planning for the future of this company is not something a lot of other companies welcome. Ryan does!

5. "Ryan LLC is a unique please to work with the best compensation package and upside in tax."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

The "MyRyan" culture is great with all the focus being placed on performance and not on churning hours. Bonuses are paid when the fees come in and based on the gross amount, not offsets. Path to equity ownership exists and is attainable. Brint Ryan very hands on an assessible. Overall, best professionals in SALT.

Cons

Policies can be overwhelming as well as focus on forecasting revenues.

Advice to Management

Reduce the administrative burden on the tax teams and focus more on expanding service delivery.

"I found my place in the world"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Flexible work schedule; great leadership; good benefits; everyone in the office gets along really well; office is in a great part of town; upper management is willing to listen to concerns of individual contributors and work toward a mutually beneficial solution; outstanding internal training program.

Cons

Technology is behind the times; office furniture is very uncomfortable (they seem more interested in having a consistent look than providing ergonomic seating solutions); no bonus program for EA's even though Administrative Assistants are eligible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"The Whole Package"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Ryan is the "whole package." Of all the places that I've worked, there were always areas that were lacking, either compensation, benefits, opportunities to advance, community outreach efforts, etc. But not at Ryan. Ryan is very competitive, if not the best, in all of the areas I've mentioned. Feeling satisfied from a benefit and compensation standpoint, allows you to relax and focus on getting better work results. Ryan's structure rewards those who get good results. I feel like my work is meaningful, and I am being rewarded for my hard work, as a result of the bonus structure. Thanks to Ryan, I have found work-life success. I recommend Ryan to anyone who is also looking for a similar work-life success.

Cons

The Dallas office is located in the Galleria complex in North Dallas (Addison). With the construction and traffic on I-635, 75, 35E, you may want to think about moving closer to the office. Many people have over an hour of commute time each way. The good news is, the area around the Galleria is nice, with plenty of shopping, apartments, houses, and restaurants. I live close by the office and there is everything here that I need, so I pay very little for gas, and I never have to deal with the bad traffic. I can't say the same for those who live outside of the area. The commute for them is very long and stressful. Luckly, with the "myRyan" flexible work environment, many of them can alter thier hours to work better for commuting purposes.

Advice to Management

Our leaders are very intelligent, strong, and highly driven. All of the attributes that I aspire to have and I work tirelessly to improve upon. They make very good role-models. I can't say that about the other places that I've work. Also, you cannot put a value on the commitment to the organization that the leadership has. Everyone has a vetted interest in the business. As a result, you feel as though you are well supported and in very good hands.

"Rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Extremely flexible work environment that allows team members to work where and when they are most effective and offers unlimited time off, provided that they get their work done.
    -Excellent bonus plan that rewards employees with a percentage of the tax benefits they provide for their clients. The bonuses have the potential to be huge (hundreds of thousands), and have been on many occasions.
    -Executive management that is dedicated to being innovative in its approach to growing the firm and rewarding their employees.
    -Generally friendly enviroment with people who like their jobs.

Cons

-Some people feel like the lack of a set vacation policy means they do not get any vacation (they cannot disconnect), and some team managers are still adjusting to the policy, but management is trying very hard to resolve these issues.
    -Management is still working on policies and procedures that allow all teams opportunities to work on projects that provide the massive bonus payouts. These projects tend to fall to a select few teams, but again, this is something that management is addressing.
    -It's a consulting firm, so it can be a stressful, short-deadline-driven environment at times, there's just no getting around that fact.

Advice to Management

Keep working on ways to better distribute the profitable engagements, but otherwise keep up the good work.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My Ryan work environment is excellent. Work whenever, wherever, however you want. There are a lot of aggressive financial goals to track your performance, but overall i love it. I have made more here than i would anywhere else.

Cons

Growing pains of a small company becoming large.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"The BEST company I have ever had the privilege to work for"

Current Employee - Business Development Assistant; Captive Insurance Division in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The MyRyan allows me to work the hours and days that fit my lifestyle, all based on results - love it!
    The training is powerful and continuous
    The work environment is upbeat and positive
    The management is supportive and wants their employees to succeed - simply outstanding!

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep doing an outstanding job at listening to your employees for ideas to strengthen the company and website