Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated February 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Ryan provides the training needed to succeed Ryan offers employees a work/life balance that is like no other company (in 86 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan provides extreme flexibility to ensure a work life balance, and I have seen some people struggle with properly managing the flexibility (in 18 reviews)

• The bonus structure promotes a selfish environment (in 17 reviews)

1. "Great Company with a Fantastic Future"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan give us the tools to do our work efficiently and effectively. It is a company that strives for a good work environment for employees. Ryan is by far the best consulting firm I have ever worked for and the drive to improve is second to none.

Cons

Only a company for people driven to success, but that makes it a Pro.

Advice to Management

Keep steering the ship in the right direction

Feb 22, 2017 – X

Thank you for your review of Ryan, LLC.

2. "An excellent fit"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After ten years of a public accounting environment, including my own practice for four years, I joined Ryan as I always wanted to pursue a career in sales tax. I'm finding I'm growing in the environment I'm in, and I love the flexibility I have to work from home. I love the general direction of the firm, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

Cons

In all honesty, I have yet to find something about my career here that I find disappointing. I love the work I do here.

Advice to Management

It would be good for Canadian sales tax experts to take courses to have an intermediary understanding of different VAT/Sales taxes across the globe so as better to identify opportunities for our clients.

Feb 22, 2017 – X

Thank you for your review. We really try and ensure a great fit between Ryan, LLC and its employees.

3. "It just keeps getting better!"

Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ryan's focus on continual improvement from both the service delivery and corporate services perspective creates the best talent pool in the marketplace. I am approaching my tenth year of service with Ryan and have been part of a team committed to getting it right. Whether it is delivering the highest degree of client value, improving the work environment or investing in people or technology, Ryan strives to set all employees up for success.

Cons

Ryan has a very driven workforce and if you are committed to work equally hard, you will share in the rewards.

Advice to Management

Continue to act on employee feedback and to reward all contributors to corporate success.

5. "You actually MATTER here"

Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a client at Ryan for well over ten years and was beyond excited to work for a firm that still is in touch with in-depth client service and the employees that provide it. This is a company where you must be an A+ Player in order to make it; you get back what you put into the job and are apart of a team that values you. The flexibility is amazing and the benefits are good. The CEO and is very approachable and actually knows who we are!

Cons

Client Service is everything and providing the support to your clients can be all-consuming. It can be hard to draw boundaries with your clients as I have had calls on vacation, missed kids birthday parties, recitals, anniversaries and holidays due to client's last minute requests. I wouldn't say it is a company con but more of an industry con.

Advice to Management

Expand performance base compensation to all practice lines.

Feb 22, 2017 – X

Thank you for your review. All employees matter at Ryan, LLC.

6. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am grateful and proud to be a part of Ryan, I feel very privileged to be a part of a successful and progressive Firm. Ryan wrote the book on innovation and creativity for helping employees achieve work life success, accomplishing amazing operational programs that address employee needs. Ryan has great Leadership and continues to look for ways to go to the next level. From the high ratings in Client Satisfaction scores to The Great Places to Work, these factors contribute to Ryan’s success driven by talented team members and a Firm who cares.

Cons

There is so much opportunity and growth; just making sure that we continue to put things into perspective as we look towards the future.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The uniqueness of the way that the Firm is managed has delivered the success and growth; innovation, creativity, taking risks, and taking care of employees and clients.

Feb 22, 2017 – X

We agree - Ryan, LLC. is an awesome place to work!

7. "New Employee -- Company shows great promise"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Counsel in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Counsel in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly collegial atmosphere; complex/interesting work; employees who perform are rewarded. Company is on an exciting growth trajectory and excited to be along for the ride.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Continue to recruit great talent and reward performance.

8. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional environment, hard working people that encourage one another in growth.

Cons

MyRyan is a great opportunity for those needing flexible hours, however, too many take advantage of it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for putting your employees first - we appreciate it!

9. "No better Place to Work."

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

I was extremely nervous when I came to interview here at Ryan. Everyone looked so professional and I wasn’t quite sure I would fit in. When they called me and told me I got the job, I was even more nervous to start but I said, “Here goes nothing”- and showed up anyway. It had to have been one of the greatest decisions of my life now that I look back at it. The flexibility is awesome and I don’t feel as if I have a “work mom” here that’s standing over me to make sure I am doing everything right. This company is the true definition of a TEAM. Everyone works together for the betterment of the company and you see that in the results. In all my years of working, this is the first company I have ever posted anything for, and I don’t take that lightly. Most jobs you wake up and go to because you need the money; this place I come to because I love what I do. I was pretty bold one day and decided to email Brint Ryan. I didn’t expect anything back, I mean come on. This guy is the CEO of one the largest firms in America, surely he is way too busy to read an email and reply to one of his little employees right? I was completely wrong! I didn’t wait weeks or days for him to get back to me; he replied the next day when he got into the office telling me that he appreciated my email etc & I was extremely stoked. Brint Ryan is a class act, and it has rubbed off on this company. This is truly one of the greatest places to work and I’m so excited to be a part of the team!!!

Cons

The Dallas TX drivers are probably my biggest problem. Living over an hour away makes be dread leaving work just to be stuck in traffic.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing, it works!!!!

Feb 22, 2017 – X

Thank you - we agree there is no better place to work!

10. "Highly Recommend!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can honestly say that I work for a great Company and with a great team in the Nashville office. Working extensively with the PTS team, it is apparent that their commitment to client service is second to none. Each day is filled with new opportunities to grow and a chance to inspire each other to be the best that we can be. I am proud to tell my family and friends that I work for Ryan, LLC. The flexibility to work from home and/or go to appointments is an added bonus.

Cons

Hoping to see improvement in our 401(k).

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees.

11. "Company provides great opportunities for all!"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Flexibility
    Earning Potential
    Great leadership
    Respected my Management

Cons

No cons at the present time.

Advice to Management

continue empowering your employees we can do our BEST work!