Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated November 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 98 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 22 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"Do not make the mistake of working here"

Current Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people that work here are cool.

Cons

The staff is treated like resources and not valued at all. Pay is below average for this industry. My managers don't seem to have had any management training. My department is required to be in the office at a certain time while others do not. Management plays favorites. Most people here are looking or interviewing for another job. I would not recommend someone for a job here.

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites and treat employees better.

"Analyst"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work and amigable co-workers. We are able to work from home.

Cons

Constantly working overtime especially during busy season but I guess that's just the nature of the business.

"No respect or consideration for long-term employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pros are all in the past.

Cons

Bonuses promised but not paid after months of excuses from senior leader.

Refusal to allow time off after 10 years of service.

No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Just be nice. Follow the golden rule.

"Sr Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My Ryan gives you flexibility to adjust your work schedule.

Cons

Management does not care about the people below them. Very unappreciative and discouraging work environment.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to all of your employees because even non management can give you insight you daily issues.

"Smoke and Mirrors"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

The MyRyan unlimited paid time off system can allow you to take off more days than you would at other companies. This mostly only applies if you are an underperformer because if you are a good worker you will be expected to work all the time. To be fair they do reimburse some of the gym membership, cell phone, transit etc.

Cons

Ryan boasts about having a great work/life balance "work when you want where you want". If it sounds too good to be true than it usually is. Yes, some people will be able to work at home if you have a manager that accepts MyRyan but you will also be expected to answer emails and get work done at all times of day/night/holidays and expect to hear about it if you don't answer immediately.

The "bonuses" for the most part are a complete joke. Most of the teams outside of Dallas get the "dog" projects which drag on forever and barely if ever pay out anything significant. The upper management loves to let everyone know about one manager/team that brought in a very large fee and got big bonuses. Guess what? This is a VERY small group and usually is complete luck,being in Dallas and being in good with certain Partners. The majority of the teams are stuck with a bunch of small insignificant projects and expected to somehow turn tin into gold to hit the ridiculous benchmarks.

It should also be mentioned that below manager the entire staff bonus SPLITS 3% of the fee! You can do the math if you are familiar with the typical fees in this industry and say on average 3-4 people on a project how generous! But oh let's not forget that one oil and gas team brought in millions so that staff got good bonuses and only talk about that.

Advice to Management

Stop giving new hires unreal expectations of what they will earn with this system. You should probably let them know that many of your employees are making lower than the base salary at other firms even with the bonuses.

"Be aware!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environments, average pay, decent benefits.

Cons

They promise the world and deliver very little. Management of company is non-existent. You're pretty much on your own. Culture is geared towards individuals rather than team. CEO is responsible for that. He also expects you to go after clients who are late with their payment, but he never pays his vendors on time. People are leaving on a regular basis, despite a promise of a profit sharing bonus payout that has now been delayed three times. (by design). Unless your in the Ryan "Club" you can forget about significant bonuses. Base salaries are not up to market standards , at least in the organization I'm in. No rhyme or reason as to how the work is allocated. Revenue benchmarks are way above realistic. No clear roles as there is much duplication of efforts in my organization.

Advice to Management

Get a professional consultant to come in and reorganize this company and convince the CEO to get out of the way.

7. "Work life balance is what sets Ryan apart."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC (Less than a year)

Pros

- People
    - Company growth
    - Strong desire to help clients
    - Work life balance

Cons

- Management can at times have unrealistic expectations
    - At times, there can be a lack of understanding as to which clients are best for the specific departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, as they are the ones on the ground making sure work gets done.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Senior management can take some time to institute new changes

9. "Great work life balance, but a strong culture of greed."

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work life balance program. Approachable leadership if you have any issues or advice for improvements. CEO truly cares about his employees. You can make a lot of money in bonuses if you're in the right situation.

Cons

A lot of colluding by principals to horde accounts and prospects. Everyone is about money here, so there is a lot of greed and back stabbing here. Horrible training or lack thereof for technical experience, though not the fault of the training department.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on the improvement of the account ownership/sales process even though there will be growing pains. Look to improve project distribution and utilization of teams. Keep innovating your work life balance culture.

Ryan, LLC Response

Jul 27, 2017 – X

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that our efforts towards continual improvement are working.

10. "Exceed expectation"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

it is a good management support

Cons

politics
     and
     poor communication skill
     my management
    micromanagement

Advice to Management

politics

Ryan, LLC Response

Jul 18, 2017 – X

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that overall your time here exceeded your expectations.