Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated February 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Ryan provides the training needed to succeed Ryan offers employees a work/life balance that is like no other company (in 82 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan provides extreme flexibility to ensure a work life balance, and I have seen some people struggle with properly managing the flexibility (in 18 reviews)

• The bonus structure promotes a selfish environment (in 17 reviews)

1. "Another boomerang"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I spent about 2 years at Ryan out of college before going to the Big 4 for 5 years. I've now been back with Ryan for almost 8 years. What I experienced at the Big 4 was completely opposite of what I expected. Rather than working with or developing cutting edge issues, I was tasked with taking the most conservative approach or doing "Same as last year." There was never an incentive to improve the process or become more efficient, but always asked "How does Ryan do it?"

Ryan's client roster is as good or better in many cases than the Big 4. Clients continue to ask for our help after the Big 4 has told them to just pay a tax or we can't fight this issue.

Getting to work with world class clients' Finance and Tax Departments, staying on the cutting-edge of tax issues, unlimited earnings potential, flexible work arrangements will keep me at Ryan.

Cons

We are all driven by a competitive spirit and it can create internal tension.

Advice to Management

Keep our "Clients First Focus" and the year-end incentive plans for all employees to share in the success of the Firm.

2. "Just a GREAT Company."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

myRyan - Great work life balance culture.
    Career Advancement - Put in the work and learn the trade - no limitations on growth.
    Benefits - Soon to be father, Ryan offers 4 weeks of paternity, full pay.
    Facilities - Top notch, brand new office in NOLA.
    Career Growth - Ryan invests in their people; tons of training and development programs and opportunities.

Cons

401K match program needs to be better.

Advice to Management

Keep listening.

3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan really is a great place to work. The compensation, atmosphere, and opportunities for growth are all huge positives when working at this company. The bonus structure is extraordinarily generous for employees at all levels. However, I have never experienced or heard of another company that offers anything that can compete with the work-life balance experienced at Ryan.

Cons

The only "con" is that the 401k plan could be better.

Advice to Management

Brint, you've heard it before, the 401k plan is the only thing holding this company back from being the perfect place to work. Great job overall!

"Excellent Flexible Work Options"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work times is the gem
    You can choose what hours you work in any given day
    You can choose what days you want to work in any week
    You can choose where you want to work from on any given day (full remote or from any other Ryan office)

Cons

Relatively slow growth given the publicized ambitions
    Little bit of red-tapism

Advice to Management

Work on the cons

6. "Excellent Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunity for growth and development at Ryan is unsurpassed. MyRyan offers the ability to work when and how you are most successful, with emphasis on results and performance. This is at times challenging from a management perspective, but it is a worthwhile challenge! Upper management is open to feedback and mid-course corrections. Ryan provides a chance to work with driven and innovative colleagues. I am supported as well as challenged.

Cons

Ryan has experienced incredible growth, both organic and through acquisitions. It takes time to merge cultures and determine the best of all environments. Ryan as a company is committed to working through those challenges and in the end will find the best way to motivate and support all employees.

Advice to Management

Continuing soliciting, listening to, and acting on employee feedback

7. "Work Environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional, flexible, entrepreneurial work environment. Everyone is expected to meet or exceed expectations just like any other consulting or corporate environment.

Cons

Some leaders do not partner with employees to set clear, agreed to expectations, however improved HR processes and tools may soon improve this problem.

8. "Highly Satisfied"

Current Employee - Transaction Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Transaction Tax Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

I've worked in the tax consulting industry since graduating college and Ryan is the best place I've worked to date. Unlike other tax firms, I have an unprecedented amount of autonomy over my work due to high level of trust my team shares coupled with the flexibility of the MyRyan program. MyRyan is a results oriented program that allows employees to work whenever and wherever so long as the work is completed accurately and exceeds client's expectations. MyRyan has enabled me to be the most creative and innovative employee I can be, i.e. if I need to leave work early on a particular day, I'll figure out a new & more efficient way to solve a problem or streamline a process in order to maximize the time & resources I have within the office.
    I think the creativity and ingenuity the MyRyan program inspires has been beneficial for both my clients and me.

Coworkers-
    I have never met a stranger at Ryan. My team is incredibly supportive, flexible, experienced, and hardworking. We have fun inside and outside of the office. Everyone on my team has an extensive knowledge of the tax we practice, which makes things much simpler.

Continuing Education-

I am a life learner, so I appreciate all of the continuing education offered through the company. The seminars and classes offered by Ryan are often enjoyable and I always end up making new friends through them.

Cons

I wish we had more office wide events & a student loan "paydown" program.

9. "Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here for almost a year now and I can honestly say this company is all around a great company to work for. I have worked for many companies before this one and I have never been as satisfied as I am with my job here. The management is outstanding, my boss is just as much as a team player as everyone else under him. We all work together and have no problem helping each other out. There is so many motivational incentives, it makes everyone driven to achieve their goals.

Cons

I don't see any cons thus far. I guess I would only say that the 401k plan could be matched better.

"Business Development"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Good base salary, flexible work schedule

Cons

back-stabbing and infighting constantly among the principals

Advice to Management

Get along with each other and purge the egomaniacs

11. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - IT Professional in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working here for more than 8 years. It's a great company to work for! I have learned a lot and grown a lot, both professionally and personally. The myRyan flexible work environment is an amazing concept and it is the reason I'm able to spend more time with my two, very young, kids then I would if this flexibility didn't exist. There are a lot of opportunities, but you have to work hard to reap the benefits.

Cons

I've been here a long time, and I've seen many changes take place, but none that I would consider to be negative. As long as the company continues to focus on growth, while keeping their clients and employees success in mind, there is nothing they can't do.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, because it looks like it’s working!