Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated October 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 97 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 22 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ryan's commitment to a flexible, yet results-driven work environment should be the standard for professional service firms everywhere. It allows employees to achieve work-life success that simply cannot be found with other firms.

The incentive compensation model encourages success and (generally) rewards the amount of effort put forth.

I commend Brint for his vision and steadfast support of the flexible work environment, as well as his philosophy of speaking directly without sugar coating issues.

Cons

Case assignment sometimes still depends on "favorites", resulting in some teams having less to work with, thus making it harder to achieve the same type of success.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to the flexible work environment. Explore methods of case assignment that result in a more equitable distribution of large / profitable clients.

"Establish a successful career"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are driven, want to work with others that are very bright and motivated and want a successful career, then this is the place for you. At Ryan, the focus is being the best we can at what we do and providing the best service for our clients. This requires hard work, but the hard work pays off. You are recognized for what you do at Ryan, and this includes compensation-wise and in terms of promotions. The icing on the cake is that I feel like I can have the best of both worlds – work towards a high-powered, successful career while also having the flexibility to work remotely when needed thanks to MyRyan.

Cons

There are a number of administrative obligations that can get tedious, but Management has been working hard to work on these.

Advice to Management

Please continue to ask us to provide you our feedback. You do a great job of listening to what your employees tell you and then acting on it!

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexibly for parents. CEO, Brint Ryan, is hands on instead of hiding at corporate office. Recent manager changes for me have meant working 80 hour weeks to less than 50!

Cons

It can be difficult to get hired on as the process is long.

Advice to Management

Keep working on fixing our internal barriers.

"Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently finished my first year at Ryan and I can't say enough great things about this company. I'm surrounded by highly intelligent and ambitious people that make me excited to come to work every day. My time in Severance Tax has been very rewarding so far and I can't wait to see what comes next. I would definitely recommend applying to work at Ryan if you're a college student about to graduate.

Cons

Network connectivity problems can be an annoyance, but given that's the only con I can think of, I think Ryan is doing a pretty great job.

Advice to Management

It seems that Severance Tax has a winning formula when it comes to management. My only advice would be to keep up the great work. Additionally, I really think that the monthly all-hands calls from the CEO are a great way to distribute information and feel connected at a firm-wide level.

"Good place for some, but not for others..."

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Co-workers are awesome people, flex policy is great if your manager supports it

Cons

Executive leadership only has experience at Ryan and does not have the outside knowledge from which to draw upon. Company is medium-large scale but is still run as if there are only 20 employees - very difficult to make progress.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you have hired to do their jobs. Routing everything through the CEO is very inefficient.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, flexible woek/life schedule

Cons

Hard work does pay, but chance, your location, and involvement of principals also impacts each team's success.

Advice to Management

Partnership needs to be more involved with engagement managers to improve processes and reduce inefficiencies. Partnership should be more involved in projects.

"Consultant"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

good work life balance, flexible schedule

"Great Place to Work"

Pros

Flexibility, management, and down to earth people

Cons

Your success depends on the success of your team

"A Company That Truly Cares for Its Employees"

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan cares for its employees well-being, which is directly evidenced by it's work/life balance program called MyRyan. I previously worked at another accounting firm, and was drawn to a company like Ryan- a company that treated its employees like they were indispensable. Ryan wants its employees to stay at the firm and succeed, not just leave after two years. It's possible to have a successful career and a life while working at the firm. Programs like MyRyan attract top talent that make going to work each day great. Also, Ryan's client service is superior to other firms in its field. Ryan has time and again saved clients more money than other firms.

Cons

The flexible work program is great- but you still must complete your work in a timely manner and with high quality. This firm is best for high achievers and hard workers.

Advice to Management

The monthly status update meeting from the CEO were great. Its always nice to hear how well the company is doing!

"Work Life"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Work - Life balance and unlimited PTO. These two things were a big deal to me and I think they are still the positives for the company even though these things are different from team to team.

Cons

Ryan LLC had a lot of hidden bullying, by far one of the worst experiences at a company that I've ever had. Each team is different and with that they carry their own drama and politics. Across multiple teams and multiple managers, work place bullying was present. It seemed to be hidden well enough when it came to upper level management and directors. I was bullied out of my job there, I had been there less than six months because that's how long I lasted. I wasn't picking things up as fast as they wanted but in my defense, I really wasn't being taught. 6 months is pretty short to pick things up like a regular staff member. There was a lot of team gossip but because I was new and not known well among the team, there was a lot of whispering and gossip about me, I could even hear it one cube over. Towards the end of my employment, my boss wanted to me adhere to his schedule. He wanted me to aim to work 50-55 hrs a week and during his hours. The one thing the entire company brags about is work-life balance and freedom. But to me that is beyond false, as the issues you deal with from team to team, these benefits don't really carry through.

Advice to Management

Please set standards that can actually be met by new employees, and train management to treat their employees better when they're trying to learn something new. I highly suggest you set a workplace bullying seminar so employees have a place to go to report these issues and management understands what bullying actually is.

Ryan, LLC Response

May 30, 2017 – X

We are sorry to hear of your issues. We are not showing that anything similar to this was reported using the anonymous reporting tools. If concerns are not reported, we don't have the opportunity... More