Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated April 28, 2017

Pros
  • The work environment was difficult to support a work-life balance (in 92 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 19 reviews)

1. "Perfect for Working Mothers!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The MyRyan work environment is phenomenal. As a working mother, I am able to work from home with my children and work on my own schedule, as long as I meet my client service goals. The peer recognition system allows employees to award each other for a job well done.

Cons

There is not a plan in place for some practices with milestones that need to be completed in order to be promoted.

2. "Outstanding"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The freedom to run your own business with the all the backing & support you could imagine. I'm also a full-time single parent & the flexibility the firm provides allows me to be fully present in my child's life.

Cons

None that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the greatness.

3. "Excellent Company to work for......."

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company provides an excellent work/life balance. You have the ability to develop yourself and grow with the assistance of upper management. Everyone in the firm is extremely professional. Excellent core values. Company as a whole encourages you to be the best version of you. Benefits are very good.

Cons

Work load is extraordinarily heavy which doesn’t always allow all items to be completed in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage all team members to be the best they can be. Offering different incentives is a great way to keep everyone motivated!

5. "Only Place I Ever Want to Work!"

Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hopefully, this is the only job i will have the of my career. Management really listens to what employees want to hear and will change accordingly. Your career path is whatever you want to make of it. There are endless opportunities to pursue whatever your goals are. I have worked at other companies and nothing compares to Ryan. As tax laws change, our clients really need more of Ryan's help. The company grows and expands every single year.

Cons

There really aren't any that I can think of to report.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Every day is more exciting than the next.

6. "Flexible Work, Caring Supervisors"

Current Employee - Director in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Director in Boise, ID

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedules and great people. I have had some health issues in the last few months and due to myRyan, I was able to work at home and continue to be a valuable member of my Teams. The management I work for are hardworking and extremely caring about me and my family. I totally enjoys the people I work for. The compensation model is not for everyone and sometimes people fall through the cracks. However, if you take pride in your work, communicate candidly with your managers and upper management, you will be fairly compendated.

Cons

Not sure this is a con, but if you are not willing to understand that you are responsible for your own success, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

I commend to Brint his willingness to listen and address concerns of everyone. Change had been occurring at a rapid rate, but management has not lost focus on the most important assets of the Firm: Clients and employees.

7. "Rating for Ryan, LLC"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

• myRyan flexible work hours make being a mom and full-time employee possible.
    • The actual consulting job is stimulating and fun.
    • The opportunity to move up is attainable and self-motivated.
    • The learning atmosphere is full of mentors and guidance and is not intimidating.
    • Ryan encourages healthy lifestyles and fitness.
    • Ryan Pride encourages positive feedback and recognizes greatness.
    • Everyone at Ryan wants each other to succeed and be their best.

Cons

I do not have a con.

Advice to Management

• Continue to mentor the upcoming leaders.
    • Keep the open communication and firm involvement.

8. "Director, International Tax"

Current Employee - Director, International Tax in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director, International Tax in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ryan is a great place work if you're entrepreneurial and want to control your own career. The performance based comp keeps you motivated and the flexibility is unparalleled. Ryan gives you the tools you to succeed and then its up to you to make it happen. Coming from competing firm, I would never go back.

Cons

You are provided a lot of autonomy at Ryan. Some may find it difficult to succeed without more supervision from management. However, I find that it allows me to leverage my strengths and manage my engagements my way.

9. "Incredible Place To Be"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best place to work in the industry, hands down. We have incredible workplace flexibility in exchange for providing exceptional results. Empowered to be strategic and the sky is the limit. Our CEO is the most forward thinking, innovative, caring leader out there.

Cons

Really isn't any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing because it is working!

10. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ryan provides employees with excellent opportunities to grow and develop in a team atmosphere. Ryan provides the training needed to succeed Ryan offers employees a work/life balance that is like no other company.

Cons

Ryan is not for everyone. Ryan wants self-motivated individuals. Employees are expected to put in the hard work necessary to get projects completed in an aggressive time frame. There are great rewards for those willing to accept the challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

11. "Manager, HR"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Ryan for over a year and very much enjoy the work. I'm part of a great team with a leader that cares. People are kind to one another, the benefits and perks are great (Friday night I had free tickets to a sporting event with BBQ buffet - lots of fun), The people are top in their field and motivated to do good work. Highly recommend this firm!

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring about the people that work for you!