Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated April 29, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The work environment was difficult to support a work-life balance (in 92 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 19 reviews)

1. "Phenomenal place to work, especially for professionals who enjoy a meritocracy"

Current Employee - Principal in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Principal in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- very entrepreneurial - you feel like an owner, at all levels
    - fulfilling job that challenges you to be your best and to above all deliver value for our clients
    - incredibly talented professionals at Ryan, which makes it easy to go to market and deliver results for our clients

Cons

- no material cons, other than there are not enough hours in the day to get to all the opportunities that are afforded us at Ryan!

Advice to Management

Please continue to create and nurture an environment of entrepreneurialism, and merit-based pay and rewards.

2. "What I think about Ryan"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours: Employees have the availability to work from home or client site when needed. Technology: The technology provided us makes it easy to work from any location without difficulty. Financial: Ryan provides a great bonus program. Even the administrative staff have the ability to earn bonuses. Management: Upper management actively requests feedback from all employees. They do listen to our needs/concerns. And finally, camaraderie: Ryan hires the best and the brightest. They are all a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Our approval process for purchases, training requests, etc., takes more time than I believe it should. However, it does appear management is working on making this process more streamlined.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This is a great firm to work for.

3. "Ryan is professionally challenging, personally respectful, client oriented, and ethically focused."

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My colleagues are some of the sharpest and most creative individuals I have ever worked with. There is an opportunity for recognition and advancement, including an ongoing professional training curriculum. Our work environment is unbelievably flexible within the confines of delivering high client satisfaction.

Cons

Along with the tremendous workplace flexibility is a high expectation of excellence, which is measured and for which we're held accountable. The drive for delivering high client service means that consistency is important, and therefore processes are well defined and detailed.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on client service, as you are.

5. "This firm is always looking for great opportunities to serve clients and great people to provide those services."

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The firm provides flexibility as to the time and location of accomplishing work objectives. The environment is more open, friendly and cooperative than many other client-service organizations. The compensation structure promotes a team-oriented client service approach. We are in large part evaluated as employees based upon the satisfaction of our clients.

Cons

Cons include that the contents of Principal meetings are secret with regard to the other employees. In addition, evaluation and promotion criteria and measurement are overly complex.

Advice to Management

Upper management should consider higher base salaries in the compensation package; this does not necessarily mean higher overall compensation; but a higher base would make it easier to obtain home financing, for example. It would also look more attractive in the talent marketplace.

6. "Top Notch Company Culture & Proven Track Record of Rewarding Employees for Contributions"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ryan has an innovative compensation structure that provides a healthy balance of base pay and uncapped potential bonus compensation. Ryan's CEO is a visionary, and company leadership is committed to fostering a company culture that aligns client interests, Ryan ownership interests, and employee interests, while providing a top-notch work/life balance environment and opportunities for professional and personal growth. The company has fully integrated myRyan, which is an innovative program that empowers employees at all levels to work when/where/how they can best achieve results. The company has designed objective measures to quantify results, and holds employees accountable.

I can attest that working at Ryan has proven to be the most challenging and rewarding adventure in my professional career. The company has a bright future, and I look forward to being a part of it.

Cons

Growing pains associated with fast-growth company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "12 Years experience business development and instruction."

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In-depth reviews and quality of performance.

Cons

I have no complaints to add.

8. "Top 50 Best Companies to Work For"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance program. Executives are accessible to employees and receptive to suggestions. Employees are kept up-to-date with current developments within the firm and government laws and regulations that may affect the employees in general.

Cons

Copay on medical coverage, especially when seeing a specialist, is quite high. Vision and dental coverages could also be better.

Advice to Management

Consider adding HMO to our healthcare coverage. Maybe the younger and healthier employees will prefer it since it is less expensive.

"Great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for a high income for someone fresh out of school. Bonuses can be really big depending on which team and what projects your manager is able to get.

Cons

The biggest negative is if you end up on a low producing team and get small bonuses. You still have the chance to switch teams, but this can be difficult depending on your office location.

10. "It has been a sensational place to start my professional career, and I may end it here as well."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job flexibility is incredible. I love working for Fortune 500 clients. The bonus payment structure rewards outstanding work. The people who call Ryan home are wonderful to work with.

Cons

We have a lot of outside hires. Obviously to build a winning team you need experienced leadership. Being a top firm that everyone wants to work at leads to a lot of industry professionals begging to come work here. Often times experienced hires are receiving upper level management positions that would otherwise have been filled through promotion.

Advice to Management

Consider pooling bonus revenue for all consultants.

11. "Client service the key to our success."

Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to work with great clients in many different industries and within companies of all sizes. In addition, many of our projects are conducted by collaborating amongst various Teams so we can draw upon each others strengths and expertise. This knowledge sharing is not usually evident at traditional consulting firms.

Cons

Managing numerous projects among various clients, industries, and states makes the work very fast paced and sometimes challenging.

Advice to Management

Streamline some of the administrative functions, and improve the information technology infrastructure and equipment to allow us more time to serve clients.