Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated June 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"Favorites are given priority"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job was a little laid back at times. Work was not as stressful as other similar positions (other admins, exc. assistants).

Cons

Manager had favorites and it was obvious, didn't bother hiding it. Group of 5 who worked in same dept. A co-worker once through the company badge at our desk and stormed off. We told manager and nothing was done. You had to tip toe around certain people and or agree to everyone else's opinions other wise you were the black sheep of you're work group. 2 people left after I left because work got too negative to stay.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with the same respect!

"Big plans with poor implementation"

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company had been newly acquired and had been plans for growth. Management pitched great opportunities for career growth in both interviews.

Cons

Poor management. Little to no training. Must have a business degree to advance.

Advice to Management

When you limit your employees ability to promote based on having a'business' degree or not, you are setting yourself up for failure. Further, having people who do NOT have the degree and skill set that you desire, train those who do is creating a real opportunity for sabotage.

"Work Life"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Work - Life balance and unlimited PTO. These two things were a big deal to me and I think they are still the positives for the company even though these things are different from team to team.

Cons

Ryan LLC had a lot of hidden bullying, by far one of the worst experiences at a company that I've ever had. Each team is different and with that they carry their own drama and politics. Across multiple teams and multiple managers, work place bullying was present. It seemed to be hidden well enough when it came to upper level management and directors. I was bullied out of my job there, I had been there less than six months because that's how long I lasted. I wasn't picking things up as fast as they wanted but in my defense, I really wasn't being taught. 6 months is pretty short to pick things up like a regular staff member. There was a lot of team gossip but because I was new and not known well among the team, there was a lot of whispering and gossip about me, I could even hear it one cube over. Towards the end of my employment, my boss wanted to me adhere to his schedule. He wanted me to aim to work 50-55 hrs a week and during his hours. The one thing the entire company brags about is work-life balance and freedom. But to me that is beyond false, as the issues you deal with from team to team, these benefits don't really carry through.

Advice to Management

Please set standards that can actually be met by new employees, and train management to treat their employees better when they're trying to learn something new. I highly suggest you set a workplace bullying seminar so employees have a place to go to report these issues and management understands what bullying actually is.

Ryan, LLC Response

May 30, 2017 – X

We are sorry to hear of your issues. We are not showing that anything similar to this was reported using the anonymous reporting tools. If concerns are not reported, we don't have the opportunity ... More

"Don't Buy the Hype"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a tax professional whose sole goal in life is to make as much money as possible, regardless of what you have to sacrifice to do it, then this is likely to be an excellent place for you to work.

Cons

Read the other reviews on here and pay close attention to how many people find each of them "helpful." (hint: you'll notice tons of people find the negative reviews helpful) If you have the possibility of becoming a corporate employee at Ryan, or are a tax professional who has other interests in life outside of your career, don't believe the hype that Ryan is feeding you. The culture is a complete joke. The concept of professional and personal success they sell only tells half the story. Yes, you have the ability to work whenever and wherever you want. What they don't tell you is that you will be expected to work whenever and wherever THEY want/need you to. Middle of the night? Doesn't matter, the sky is falling. Sunday on a holiday weekend? Doesn't matter, the sky is falling. On vacation? Doesn't matter, the sky is falling. Seriously, people bring their work computers on vacation with them because they're afraid of the earful they'll get if they don't respond to an email within 5 minutes. You'll get emails from your boss expecting you to do actual work on holidays. Your boss will call you at 11 PM on a Sunday to re-do something you did the prior week that needs edits, and it won't be able to wait 9 hours until Monday morning.

If you're being considered for a corporate job, you are not valued. You are seen purely as necessary overhead. Leadership does not view what you do as adding value to the organization. Your role is nothing more than an administrative necessity that cuts into profits. Dallas is a huge town with lots of corporations who will pay you the same money to do the same job where you might not have the same opportunity for working remotely/from home, but you will know what a 40 hour work week looks like, and they do view what you do as valuable and not just administrative overhead. Unless you're in a desperate situation and need any job now, pass on Ryan and go find one of those places to work.

Advice to Management

My advice was never important to management when I worked there, I highly doubt it will be now.

"ASSOCIATE"

Former Employee - ---- in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - ---- in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Ryan, LLC (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place for those people who are good at LICKING BOOTS OF MANAGERS. They don't have to work hard and dont have to create efficiencies in process, all they have to do is go out with managers on weekend for parties.

good for those who are good at creating rapport with US people, when they come to hyderabad take them out on city tour, call them every day via phone, share information on other colleagues. u will be promoted to Team Leaders, assistant manger and then to manager happily

Cons

People who ask questions, shouldn't join Ryan - if you ask questions to your team leader and managers they will make sure that you loose your job by creating problems, difficult situations at office and later they cover it up saying he or she had personal problems and they left the organization.

Director doesn't attention to all these problems he only talks about Ryan and facilties to Hyderabad employees or he talks about salaries at Deloitte, he says you all will loose the job or will not get any job outside. He speaks to employees like they all are beggars.

Advice to Management

NOTHING - you keep your jobs safe because all you say is i don't have power, i can't answer any questions or US is looking into this, or liason feedback is important.

"Helpful Tips"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The vision of the company and drive to become a billion $ firm
    The CEO visiting India every year, shows his personal interest to grow India
    A relaxed atmosphere for employees, no one to question if work doesn’t get completed
    The support and help provided to improve the community
    myRyan (Work from Home)
    Transport facility – a\c cabs
    Great place to work for lazy people

Cons

One should have high tolerance level to talk to the Director as he can prove that the sun rises from the west.
    Not clear policies, they say no tenure for promotion in monthly operation meeting, but the Team Leads say more than 2 years for promotion.
    India leader says that companies like Deloitte have no future and you will be on roads.
    Initially the facility was maintained well, now only when we have the US leadership visits, the walls are painted, the washrooms and break out are well maintained. So hope that you have US visitors all year around.
    Always tells that’s it’s a great place to work, however I see the Director himself being unfair and disrespecting employees. Imagine what type of leaders he is grooming.
    myRyan exploited by the leaders, I see them log in at whatever time they want, due to which we see lack of leadership on floor.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your employees feedback, instead of deciding by yourself that its already great place to work.

"Ryan good company- management 3rd class"

Former Employee - Tax Specialist in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Tax Specialist in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

No pros to share except the CEO who has a very clear vision of taking the company to next level.

Cons

There is a huge list. People with long term career goals and hard working shouldn't join this Co. If you wanna screw up your confidence and stop believing in yourself then go a head and join.
    If you have a quality of bootlicking then it's a very good co as you will grow without putting any efforts. Hardwork and loyalty with this Co.will never pay you anything. Management in india as well as few of US locations are worst. They are not interested in work they will judge you by your appearance, your 1st impression (which will last for ever), your personal time spent with them and rapport/ closeness you share with them. Girls will only grow here if they flirt around, have cheesy talks with management guys. Most importantly if you waste time in the name of initiative then there is growth ur loyalty dedication has zero value. Camelian will also not change colours so fast as they do it here....so beware. One you spent few years here you will lose the brains you have as well as will be less confident in outside world to crack other interviews

Advice to Management

If you can't groom and give confidence to employees you have no right to take it from them.

"Worst company if you want to be judged everytime then u can join this company"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Transport facility apart of that I felt I got admissioned in a school which is of one big floor where your manager or leads keep an eye on you standing at any corner of the floor.

Cons

Poor team management even team members shows as if they r friendly but they wait to stab u on back whenever they get chance ..and none knows exactly how to explain clearing as they only not aware about the work.. except to download documents from website n follow some steps...this company was a nightmare for me think twice before you think of investing your time for this company.

Advice to Management

Please don't pretend as if you r very nicest and very supportive and if any team member comes with a complaint against the higher leads don't get biased ..trust n believe the truth..

Ryan, LLC Response

May 30, 2017 – X

We are sorry you did not enjoy your time at Ryan. We have several tools in place for employees to utilize in such situations, several of which are completely anonymous. We don't have any record of ... More

"Worst Company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and Benefits are normal

Cons

I will not recommend working in Ryan LLC. This place is only good if you know someone in the Management otherwise your life will be hell.

1) No Training
    2) Open abuse, no respect at all
    3)My Ryan is totally drama only gives this benefit to their babies and buddies
    4) Very few CA are working,
    5) No Paperless environment, the standard of working is very low not even close to mid-size accounting firms

Advice to Management

Be fair and open your eyes and find out what is going on under your nose,

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Work life balance initiative allows you to work from home on a flexible schedule. Bonus compensation can be very good if you're assigned to the right projects. Young company with room to grow.

Cons

Work life balance is at the discretion of the managers. Some managers are not willing to give their employees this freedom. HR has not done a good job of ensuring managers are allowing employees to utilize flex-time. If you get stuck on a team with small revenue projects, you won't be compensated like some of your peers. The small revenue projects may take the same amount of time and effort, but you will not be compensated/recognized accordingly. Management does not respect staff level consultants. Principal group consists of a lot of new-money, and many lack tactfulness and class.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. You're not God's gifts.