Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 19 reviews)

1. "Manager, HR"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Ryan for over a year and very much enjoy the work. I'm part of a great team with a leader that cares. People are kind to one another, the benefits and perks are great (Friday night I had free tickets to a sporting event with BBQ buffet - lots of fun), The people are top in their field and motivated to do good work. Highly recommend this firm!

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring about the people that work for you!

2. "Best collection of tax professionals"

Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Driven CEO
    Clients come first
    25 years of growth!
    Merit based mindset
    Quality clients and tax professionals
    Work/life balance is great

Cons

Nothing that stands out to me. Normal "pains" with a fast growing company like Ryan. Company is good about addressing issues as they pop up.

Advice to Management

Keep growing Ryan!

3. "Core Values of Life"

Current Employee - Senior Accounts Receivable in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Accounts Receivable in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job has not only allowed me to grow professionally, it has also helped me become a better person.

As a firm, we have values to uphold: Integrity, Trust, Creativity, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Generosity, Drive, and Mastery of the Job.

As an employee of a few years, I have realized that one alone does not simply demonstrate the core values of the Firm. We are inspired to demonstrate the core values. Given the proper tools of development, I believe that all employees could be MORE.

Providing us with new systems and software promotes "Entrepreneurial Spirit" and "Creativity"
    Encouraging us to volunteer with the company at a planned event inspires us to show some "Integrity" and be "Generous" with our time.
    Recognizing us for a job well-done provides feelings of "Drive" and "Trust", which we often return to others.

Cons

It often takes a while to get new policies and procedures established. I understand this is a difficult process as we don't like to leave anything uncovered.

Advice to Management

Direct communication is needed in all instances. Really appreciate the monthly "All Hands" call.

4. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ryan does a great job of incentivizing employee's in a significant number of practice areas with bonuses directly calculated from client/project savings. i.e. Greater Success = Larger Income!

Cons

Human Resources Recruiting Department is lack-luster.

5. "This is a fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been doing software development for the last 25+ years and Ryan is the best company I have ever worked for.

The model of myRyan is completely innovative - having flexible work environment (where everyone focuses on results, not hours) really does make a difference; this approach holds you accountable for achieving goals, but allows for a great work-life balance.
    As software developers, we are encouraged to keep up with the latest and greatest (having unlimited access to Pluralsight helps a lot)

Cons

So far everything about Ryan has been great; the company is working very hard in order to keep us happy (just google "ryan the best workplace" and you'll be impressed)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.
    Thank you!

"This is your next and final company!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started at Ryan at the end of the year. It was very quiet. This time allowed me to complete all the HR requirements before jumping headfirst in to my job. I had been warned in my initial interviews that the crunch time for my department was the beginning of the year. As that time got closer, I got nervous as to what will happen. I couldn’t have been more surprised in a good way! Instead of throwing me (and another new hire) in to the mix and let us sink or swim, the entire team has been helpful in answering every question I have had. My team’s attitude has been uplifting, even while we have a lot of work to accomplish. I have been given tasks to help ease the load for the rest of the team and am allowed to grow and be successful in each new task I learn.
    After some other positions I held in the past where I was made to feel insignificant and more of a number, I feel like a valued person at Ryan. I feel valued, from day one, and that my team and managers want me to succeed at Ryan as well as in my personal life as well. I have found the company I will retire from, in a few decades from now!

Cons

Every company has cons. No work place is perfect. But the cons I have experienced are so minor, I can’t even come up with one example as I write this review. Even if there is something that bothers you, it can be changed. None of them are even close to being deal-breakers.

7. "Principal"

Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work flexibility and great work environment. The ability to work with some of the best tax professional in the industry. Our clients are predominantly Fortune level and love the work that we do because we are in the business of saving them money.

Cons

Sometimes internal processes can take time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. It is great to be a part of a thriving and growing business.

8. "Use Tax Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere with a lot of income earning potential. Consultants and Seniors can make north of 6 figures after a few years if on the right team. My Ryan flexibility is awesome. Some teams work from home a couple days a week.

Cons

If you don't get hired on a solid team your work/life balance & MyRyan usage goes away, stress goes up, and compensation is much less. Company is sold as being able to control your own path but bottle necking is becoming more and more apparent.

"2016 New Employee - A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Compensation Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Compensation Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

My first several months at Ryan have been so positive and wonderful. My Team is great! My Department is great! My Management is great! Compared to other companies that I have worked, Ryan is a diamond.

The company provides many opportunities to learn and development. We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment. The community outreach programs are robust and impressive, and unparalleled.

Management provides you with their expectations, and it is up to you to fulfill and enhance them. Very open style of communications.

Cons

So far - good. I have not identified any Cons.

"Outstanding Growth Potential/ Industry Leader"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

The CEO’s drive for client service and corporate stewardship is unwavering and unmatched. I’m proud to be with the industry leaders in commercial real estate, property tax services and know that I’m with the best company to ever compete in this marketplace. I look forward to the continued growth that I’m playing a role in developing

Cons

Always checking email even "after hours" but this is what provides in part for excellent client service.