Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 94 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

1. "Ryan is a great company to start a career in accounting!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, comfortable work environment, supportive staff, good medical/dental/vision benefits, satifying work projects, and fun social events for staff.

Cons

There is no tuition reimbursement program for further education. myRyan takes some adjusting to; it is unclear to whom and how to request or report time off.

Advice to Management

Consider a tuition reimbursement program and make myRyan more clear to new employees.

2. "Great feeling to support companies with an excellent working environment and motivated employees."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment
    Motivated and helpful employees
    Great training program

Cons

Since I am a newer employee, I have not yet encountered any problems.

Advice to Management

The mission and the goals are on target with a good business model, so stay on course.

3. "Ryan is Rewarding"

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ryan is different. A career at Ryan is truly rewarding. With the implementation of MyRyan, a revolutionary approach to work-life balance, Brint Ryan has empowered me to achieve the highest levels of personal and professional success. I can not overstate how important this is.

I enjoy working within a dynamic team of professionals who are literally the best and brightest within their practice areas.

The work environment is competitive but friendly. Every team is constantly pushing themselves to meet goals and produce results. The focus is constantly centered on the client. Achieving the best results for our clients is the number one priority.

I am not just paid a "salary," I enjoy sharing in the profits generated by my contribution to the Firm's success.

Cons

None that come to mind. It would be nice to have a corner office overlooking a desert oasis. I haven't made enough money to purchase my own private jet yet.

Advice to Management

Continue to emphasize candid dialogue and open communication between management and staff

4. "Ryan is the best place I've ever worked in my life!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our myRyan policy allows for complete work-life balance; guilt free environment.

Cons

More opportinites for support staff to join professional organizations outside our company with the intent of earning a designation.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest....that way everyone is on the same page and our results will continue to improve.

"Excellent Entry-level Alternative to Big Four"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is extremely flexible. This firm proves that not all options for accounting grads require you enslave yourself to the office. Benefits, though not excessive in amount, are unique (gym membership reimbursement, cell phone allowance). Overall, there is a feeling that leadership values employees.

Cons

Mobility between positions seems limited. Pay is slightly lower than competitors, but matches the required work hours of the job.

Advice to Management

Continue your actions that support your employees at all levels. Allow more mobility between practice areas.

6. "Fantastic work/life balance!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for Ryan! I have never worked for a company that cares so much about making sure their employees are happy. The work environment is very friendly and relaxed while being motivational all at once. I have met some really amazing people during my time at Ryan. In addition, even some of the highest head honchos of the company are so approachable and easy to talk to. The biggest benefit of all is the work/life balance that is encouraged by Ryan. Having the flexibility to work around my life schedule makes me a great Mom, wife and employee! It is very refreshing to be able to do the things I need to do without having to feel guilty or receive any grief from management!

Cons

Ryan’s hiring process is painfully slow. I also feel that Ryan has lost some really great employees that were a product of not being on a revenue grossing team (not by any fault of their own). The catch 22 of myRyan is that sometimes it is hard to “turn off”. Some employees/managers get frustrated if you do not respond to things late at night or on the weekend. The utilization of myRyan is a choice. Some of us still work normal work hours and should not be expected to respond to things at 10pm on a Saturday just because that is what YOU decided to work.

7. "Positive Experience So Far"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like Ryan's values and mission. MyRyan, our flexible schedule has been a great success in my eyes as our team has utilized it to our benefit.

Cons

There does not seem to rules in terms of project assignment. More structure to project assignment would be advantageous.

8. "Ryan offers great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ryan is an exceptional place to work as it allows for work/life flexibility as well as great opportunities for advancement. Ryan provides a great work place atmosphere with the focus on client service. I would highly recommend a career at Ryan.

Cons

There are no major cons, but one small area of improvement could be made on the incentive/salary structure that is currently in place.

Advice to Management

None that I can think of.

9. "Best company I could hope to work for!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, very good pay and benefits, advancement opportunities and just as important as anything is a coporate culture that cares about it's employees and their welfare.

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love it!

10. "Great company with a strong focus on excellence and taking care of their employees."

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits with a good bonus system. Great atmostphere. Focus on results and not number of hours worked.

Cons

Potential for bonuses and success depend on the team you are a part of.

Advice to Management

N/A