Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated October 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 97 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 22 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"Good Firm!"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Fast growing company and good client base.

Cons

Leadership needs to take more care of the staff.

Advice to Management

Take care of your staff and don't only focus on the high level leadership.

2. "Devils in the Details..."

Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a great company. Having worked in the corporate sector for several Fortune 500 companies Ryan is a breath of fresh air (I often say it's Disneyland). I've never worked so hard in my life an not been bitter because I truly enjoy my clients and my team. The CEO and executive team are committed to the employees, clients and level of service expected. Additionally, the executive team is happy to bring anyone along for the ride with plans of reward for contribution which is refreshing. All ideas at all levels are truly appreciated and heard which you rarely experience and I'm so appreciative to have a voice. The clients are amazing and have become an everyday part of my life that I truly enjoy working with them. Ryan makes it easy to manage with a supportive HR team and the ability to provide employees time and flexibility you can reward your employees by giving them a life when the work cycle permits. I really believe I'm about to be part of something great in the next few years if the cons below start to be addressed.

Cons

My current service line does not share in a highly incentivized bonus program therefore, no matter how hard myself, team or even direct manager work or how lean our portion of the business is run or how much revenue we work we never get to reap the rewards of our hard work. Additionally, we are in a LOSING office that dictates our share of all incentive and annual bonuses they are management heavy, their teams are held to the lowest expectation of performance and you couldn't get them to hustle if the building was in fire. These post merger employees do not see the Ryan big picture and we all suffer the unintended consequences. All of the above had led me to look into other job options outside of Ryan.

Advice to Management

The devil is in the detail you need to go granular examine of your service lines at a Director/Manager level. Understand who is really building and working the bulk of the business revenue and volume; you would be shocked and disgusted which is how I feel almost every day especially when I pull 90 hour work weeks and have to push my employees to their own limits because we are in an office of government work mentality peers. Change the bonus program talk to your principals about including the people who work their accounts in the commission break out it's like a battlefield begging for money you work hard to ensure gets billed it's demeaning.

"Great !"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with a great leadership team !

Cons

None so far. Everything is great when it comes to Ryan

Thank you for your comments. We're glad you're enjoying working at Ryan! -Ryan

4. "Good place; Could get better or worst."

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provides variety of job opportunities/Open to new initiatives,
    Growing workplace,
    Work life balance (flexible login hours, work from home, flexible transportation, good leave, holiday policy),
    Among great places to work internationally and aspiring to be one in India.
    and a lot more.

Cons

Even though the our CEO, other top level management and Sr. Director (India) strives to make this a great place to work, this doesn't seem to be the case with mid-level management (in India). Most of them look uninspiring and they are also kind of biased in selections/promotions.
    Some mid-level managers take up the same old initiatives (of course for promotions), which either eats up employees time or causes trouble to them.
    Examples:
    Unnecessary meetings; Time consuming presentations; Excessive admiration at one's own work.
    The latest of this list is something called as Work station utilization. This is all about the use of a desk by two individuals by logging in two different times, which basically means, some employees should either pitch in very early in the day and some employees pitch in evening and work late in the night. This is of course a great initiative in saving the facility costs but very disturbing to the employees in work life balance.
    Note I mentioned ‘Work life balance’ in my pros, but with this initiative, this pro is going to history. This would force employees to adapt unusual sleep, food and health routines. This is just opposite to myRyan policy, which emphasizes on work life balance with employee accountability. It may also impact company ambition to sustain in the great places to work (in India).

Advice to Management

For growth, I think the Indian management should buy in US’s confidence for more work and initiatives, which subsequently helps in growth of India office. I think making this petty saving would help the organization to the 1$ billion mark.

"Good :)"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Good to be part of this company !

Cons

Nothing negative as such as of now

Advice to Management

No Advice to management

May 30, 2017 – X

Thank you for taking time to post your comments! -Ryan

"Senior Tax Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility wise i recommend this company is good. Healthy environment to work without much pressure.

Cons

Need to create more opportunities to the employees who are expertise in their respective levels. Vote for talent instead of experience. Compensation should be revised because it was set long ago. Otherwise it is the best company to work.

"Work Life"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Work - Life balance and unlimited PTO. These two things were a big deal to me and I think they are still the positives for the company even though these things are different from team to team.

Cons

Ryan LLC had a lot of hidden bullying, by far one of the worst experiences at a company that I've ever had. Each team is different and with that they carry their own drama and politics. Across multiple teams and multiple managers, work place bullying was present. It seemed to be hidden well enough when it came to upper level management and directors. I was bullied out of my job there, I had been there less than six months because that's how long I lasted. I wasn't picking things up as fast as they wanted but in my defense, I really wasn't being taught. 6 months is pretty short to pick things up like a regular staff member. There was a lot of team gossip but because I was new and not known well among the team, there was a lot of whispering and gossip about me, I could even hear it one cube over. Towards the end of my employment, my boss wanted to me adhere to his schedule. He wanted me to aim to work 50-55 hrs a week and during his hours. The one thing the entire company brags about is work-life balance and freedom. But to me that is beyond false, as the issues you deal with from team to team, these benefits don't really carry through.

Advice to Management

Please set standards that can actually be met by new employees, and train management to treat their employees better when they're trying to learn something new. I highly suggest you set a workplace bullying seminar so employees have a place to go to report these issues and management understands what bullying actually is.

May 30, 2017 – X

We are sorry to hear of your issues. We are not showing that anything similar to this was reported using the anonymous reporting tools. If concerns are not reported, we don't have the opportunity... More

"Good place for some, but not for others..."

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Co-workers are awesome people, flex policy is great if your manager supports it

Cons

Executive leadership only has experience at Ryan and does not have the outside knowledge from which to draw upon. Company is medium-large scale but is still run as if there are only 20 employees - very difficult to make progress.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you have hired to do their jobs. Routing everything through the CEO is very inefficient.

"Consultant"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

good work life balance, flexible schedule

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ryan's commitment to a flexible, yet results-driven work environment should be the standard for professional service firms everywhere. It allows employees to achieve work-life success that simply cannot be found with other firms.

The incentive compensation model encourages success and (generally) rewards the amount of effort put forth.

I commend Brint for his vision and steadfast support of the flexible work environment, as well as his philosophy of speaking directly without sugar coating issues.

Cons

Case assignment sometimes still depends on "favorites", resulting in some teams having less to work with, thus making it harder to achieve the same type of success.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to the flexible work environment. Explore methods of case assignment that result in a more equitable distribution of large / profitable clients.