Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated May 10, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The work environment was difficult to support a work-life balance (in 92 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 19 reviews)

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1) MyRyan is a flexible work environment that allows freedom for employees to work in ways that are best suited for them to take ownership of their work product and meet the demands of their personal lives concurrently.
    2) There are plenty of opportunities for growth in your title as well as your compensation with hard and smart work. In a sense, you have the opportunity to control your own destiny at Ryan.
    3) Leadership at Ryan has done a great job of keeping employees laser focused, which promotes solid teamwork and friendship with fellow employees.
    4) Ryan has grown financially for 25 years straight and it does not appear that there is an end to this growth in sight.
    5) You will not get bored at Ryan. Working at Ryan gives you more than enough opportunity to stretch your mind in ways you may not have thought were possible.

Cons

No job is perfect, but Ryan has shown the ability and willingness to listen to their employees' grievances and act on them in a way that would further improve their overall work environment. I do not have a "con" major enough to list here.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. While there are always things you can do to improve, keep on doing what has made this place such a great place to work for over 25 years!

"RYAN is a GREAT place to work"

Current Employee - Principal in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Principal in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are self- motivated, like tax, are focused, hard-working, goal oriented and willing to learn and apply your skills, this is the place for you. Highest concentration of tax talent anywhere! Lots of upside for compensation, promotion and management support. Best place I have ever worked and most satisfying. Senior management is building a tax behemoth. MyRyan is a great work environment and provides exceptional culture for work / life balance. No glass ceiling. A true meritocracy.

Cons

Not a good environment for those just looking to collect a pay check and dial it in. A very competitive environment and success based culture.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging the status quo and investing in the best people in Tax.

"Principal/Partner"

Current Employee - Principal in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Principal in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Ryan, all levels are empowered. The principal process is much less political than the Big 4. To make principal at Ryan, it is about results and client service. Destiny is in your hands. There are clear expectations of goals. We also have the ability to get credit for both work performed and work sold.

Ryan has a flexible work environment.

Cons

Ryan has the typical growing pains as we build a best in class team across all levels and functions. No where is perfect but at Ryan, people are empowered to make Ryan what they want it to be.

Advice to Management

Management should continue to execute on plans and goals.

"Full Steam Ahead!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the core of Ryan is a culture which empowers employees to work hard, achieve results, and to celebrate and share success. The MyRyan philosophy holds employees accountable for delivering results, but allows for a work-life balance which is unrivaled in the tax world. MyRyan allows for flexible work hours and the ability to work from home if a need arises. Less emphasis on face time, and more emphasis on candidly evaluating performance based on your work product.

Ryan has earned great respect in the industry for its expertise in challenging tax matters and it is an unmatched feeling to be trusted and valued as key assets by our clients. It is likely that you will gain exposure to numerous industries which enables a depth of experience that your peers at other firms may lack and keeps your work interesting. Ryan is a great place to begin your career in tax and the firm will give you all the tools necessary to succeed.

Cons

The firm is currently experiencing record-breaking growth. The expectations placed on all levels of staff are high and you will be challenged. However, with growth and expansion comes an unmatched opportunity to achieve success and grow your career. This is only a con if you are unwilling to work hard, learn fast, and rise to the occasion.

Advice to Management

Keep the course! It's a great feeling to be part of a winning team and I look forward to the exciting ride to becoming the global dominant brand in tax.

"Best People, Best Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MyRyan is a game changer in the industry. It allows flexibility to get work done on your time with respect to deadlines and client service.

Bonus structure is very rewarding and the true talents in the company are able to shine career wise as well as financially.

Great teams and management, I've been lucky enough to be apart of a great team with a great manager. We have all developed and grown as time has gone by and our manager encourages that development and success.

Great executive leadership and guidance. Brint is truly a visionary and I would follow him anywhere. His energy and attitude make this place so great.

Cons

Base pay could always use a little bump, but bonuses will help bring to industry level.

Some processes are cumbersome, but executive management has pointed out the inefficiencies and are working to correct.

Advice to Management

This is the most rewarding job in my 10+year professional career.

Keep up the great work! With Brint at the helm looking forward to bigger and greater things!

"I dare you to find a better place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

From the CEO - who I absolutely adore - all the way down to most of my fellow individual contributors, the PEOPLE are what makes this company great! There is a genuine sense of teamwork and mutual respect throughout the organization. Leadership is truly transparent and responsive to every employee's concerns and questions, and is always looking for a better way of doing things. The CEO has recently instituted a monthly "all-hands" teleconference where he shares the progress of company-wide initiatives and answers questions from employees around the globe. I look forward to these calls, and always leave them with a renewed sense of excitement for the future of the firm. I feel that my work matters, that I matter, and that I am respected by everyone with whom I come into contact.

Cons

Sure, there are day-to-day annoyances that occur, but none are what I would consider deal-breakers in continuing my employment. The biggest con I can think of is the "Debbie Downers" who will find the negative in ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. These people either need to shut up, buck up, or get out. Let the rest of us enjoy the continuing success of the company and the fruits of our labor.

Advice to Management

Don't let the negativity of a few people outweigh the silent majority, who remain committed to the paths you have carefully and intelligently laid out for this firm. I respect and value every last one of you, and I thank you for the opportunity to do my small part to help out!

"My Experience at Ryan"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Ryan as a Senior Consultant and have grown into the role of a Team Leader within the firm. Ryan has many attractive qualities as a company within the tax services industry. Some of the big ones are the myRyan platform, which allows you to work remotely as necessary, the bonus payout system, and the dearth of opportunities for professional development. As long as you strive to achieve and (most importantly) deliver results to the firm, you will be fine and handsomely compensated.

Cons

Ryan is not for everyone. It's a results-driven culture which requires serious hustle and a go-getter's attitude. Complacency will get stamped out and if you're not always trying to build a book of business, you will likely fail. I've seen technically sound and highly knowledgeable managers/directors struggle because they couldn't sell. This can create stress and pressure for those who aren't use to this type of environment.

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After 14 years with the company I am still amazed at the growth we have accomplished and the opportunities still available for current and incoming employees. As a part of the service delivery team, I have the opportunity to see and experience what work life is like for various companies we represent (many Fortune 500) and I can assure none compare to what we have at Ryan. I am proud to be a part of the Ryan team and encourage any self-motivated, hard-working individual to come join the team.

Cons

Individuals that need a structured schedule with routine tasks each day will have a difficult time. Ryan provides extreme flexibility to ensure a work life balance, and I have seen some people struggle with properly managing the flexibility.

Advice to Management

Ryan has really made an emphasis to show appreciation for its employees and it shows. I recommend we hold course and continue to find ways to expand the recognition process, which I know is the goal.

"Keep it up"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience at Ryan has been fantastic. The work has challenged me and allowed me to greatly grow professionally, and provided the opportunity to assist businesses in reclaiming what is rightfully theirs from the cumbersome/often hard to understand tax laws. The model of myRyan is completely innovative and should be the standard in the "age of the internet". The old tireless model of in office all day everyday (even if there is lack of work) is giving way to the common sense mind set that Brint geniusly developed in myRyan. This model just simply makes sense, and gives me the ability to get the results clients need while awarding me with flexibility. As a working mother this is so important to me, and I am soooo grateful to Ryan for it. Additionally, this company also provided me with a generous maternity leave and is incredibly friendly for working mothers. I truly, truly appreciate this company and I have been greatly blessed to work here.

Cons

Not everyone necessarily is able to fully use myRyan the way it was intended, but when it works it works!

Advice to Management

Maybe try and find a way to make sure all managers are on board with myRyan. It would also be great to maybe get an on site daycare :)

"A work enviornment and culture unmatched in the industry"

Current Employee - Manager - Property Tax in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager - Property Tax in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

*Ryan is comprised of respected professionals who are experts in their industry, great to work with, and are focused on serving their clients to their highest capability
    *This company cares about their employees and the culture surrounding the work environment
    *At Ryan, you are afforded the freedom to generate your own ideas to enable the overall success of the company
    *The leadership group has ambitious goals that are very achievable with the correct vision in place
    *Overall, this company exudes unparalleled expertise in the tax industry compared to our competitors

Cons

At times, certain processes can be somewhat bureaucratic and getting approval on minor requests can take significant time to go through red-tape. HOWEVER, since I've been with Ryan, the leadership group has made significant improvements dealing with this concern and I feel strongly that this will continue.