Ryan, LLC Senior Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 2, 2017

Senior Associate

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 19 reviews)

"We work lots of hours, but the team environment makes it worth the work."

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Team environment, younger company, good corporate structure, and we also get all the resources needed to be effective at our jobs.

Cons

The work can be boring and not very challenging at some points.
    Hard to make good bonuses if your team isn't assigned the good projects.

Advice to Management

Management needs to have more one on one time with the lower level employees. It would really help career develpoment.

"Big plans with poor implementation"

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company had been newly acquired and had been plans for growth. Management pitched great opportunities for career growth in both interviews.

Cons

Poor management. Little to no training. Must have a business degree to advance.

Advice to Management

When you limit your employees ability to promote based on having a'business' degree or not, you are setting yourself up for failure. Further, having people who do NOT have the degree and skill set that you desire, train those who do is creating a real opportunity for sabotage.

3. "Good place to get a start"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedules. Work was not charge hour focused but just getting the work done. Not a lot of overtime like other public accounting firms. Team oriented so hopefully you get along with your team.

Cons

Relatively small office in LA. If you don't like your team there is a lot of politics to switching teams similar to most places.

4. "Getting better by the week"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing! In 2014 my husband's health insurance was so bad we switched to mine. I'm happy to have an employer who cares about the health of their employees!

Cons

Pay not consisten with industry/city standards

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home, work-life balance, I can adjust my schedule to fit my appts, children, etc

Cons

tax season is hectic, but if you can make it thru the long hours, the rewards outweigh the hours!

Ryan, LLC Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Ryan, LLC

Thank you for your review. At Ryan, we believe in a work-life success and appreciate that sometimes our families can take us away from our jobs. We try to make sure you have the flexibility to do ... More

"Salary is a big issue at this company."

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. If you're in the in group, you're good!

Cons

Salary is not competitive with the market at all.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees.

"Ryan is one of the best places to work. I have been working with Ryan since 1.4 years as a Finance senior associate. On"

Current Employee - Finance Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Finance Senior Associate

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Work-life balance, good work culture, encourages new ideas, good rewards and value for work, good transportation facility.

Cons

No comments, nothing as such.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

Ryan, LLC Response

Mar 7, 2017 – X

Thank you for your review. We agree - Ryan is one of the best places to work!

"Definitely A Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Associate in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Associate in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am associated with Finance team since 1.5 years and I always feel happy to work in this atmosphere. We have scope for growth here. Management always consider our innovative ideas and implement them. We get awesome support from the leadership team. Our Sr.Director Shashank always strives for the betterment of the organization with very down to the earth attitude. Trust me in Ryan India each and every employee gets a chance to have a chat with Sr. Director very frequently.

Shift timings are flexible and good.
    Work from home option for each and every individual.
    Work life balance is Amazing.
    Immense opportunity for growth.
    Pioneering in Tax Industry.
    Great Generosity and Transparency towards Employees.
    Special allowances for different shifts and self transportation.
    Good medical and Insurance benefits.

Cons

Not as such. I do not find any sort of negative things taking place in here so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you are doing! Good job!!

"Management contribution."

Current Employee - Senior Tax Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Tax Associate

Pros

1.Ryan India Management is putting their best efforts to make the organization the best in the market.

2. The management role and the team leaders role in grooming the individuals is excellent.
    3. Rewards and recogition process is excellent.

Cons

Senior Management involvement with the teams is very less.

Advice to Management

Great job. But request you to concentrate on iñcreasing the hikes.

"Striving hard to get better-Continuation part 2"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have mentioned all the pros available in my previous review titled - Striving hard to get better.

Cons

I have some more cons to mention here:
    1) I want to explain with an example why I said the work culture is very negative at Ryan. There are many teams in the company, and the team members happen to be friends with one or more from other teams. If at all a team member is found going for a break, lunch or dinner with other team member, he/she will be called to a huddle room and will be given a feedback as not to go around with anyone else who is not a part of our team. If the guy continues going with others, he will be given a strict warning and chances of his growth, hike and all would be stalled. Another example, a team member has to obey whatever his/her RC says and if the RC behaves inappropriately and when the team member complaints that to the TL or AM, he/she would be asked to adjust and stay calm because they think that an RC has all rights to shout, yell and do whatever that his/her mind thinks.
    This is reality in this company. No one can deny the fact that all the employees are not treated the same way. There is no balanced platform.

2) Except for property taxes, no other teams are given importance. I agree that PTS forms the major chunk in the business, but that cannot be a justification to ignore other businesses. Each business is unique and each of them has their own importance.

3) There are some managers (I don't mean Asst. Manager) who never come to their teams and talk. There are no discussion or appropriate feedback session between a manager and his team members. There is a partiality system that overcomes all the good that can happen.

Advice to Management

Reduce the gap between PTS and other processes, between TR and non-TR employees. And you can see a positive change in the mindsets of the employees.