Ryan's Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan's Reviews

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony Wedo

Pros
  • I got plenty of hours, often working 6 days a week for 5 hour shifts each (in 3 reviews)

• Honestly there is not one single reason to work ar Ryan's unless you are in severe need of a job (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours no payroll unreasonable expectations (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours, not able to make ends meet on low pay, more work than a minimum wage job should be (in 3 reviews)

1. "Ryan's Review"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Florence, AL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Florence, AL

Pros

Medium to higher end of the management pay scale once justified. Pleasant management training program, a lot of tasty knowledge drilled into your brain in a relatively short amount of time. Always refreshing to Test your Mind to keep the dimension away. You will quickly overcome your fear of public speaking if applicable.

Cons

No work/ family balance. Almost an instant deal breaker seeing how it is a family oriented restaurant and management team ect. (Not your family.) My particular store, the management team seemed so focused on numbers and bonuses that I felt as though they had lost the passion to entertain and serve their community. Which goes back to Work/Life balance, any form of matter repetitishly tossed to the grindstone without attention to detail will undoubtedly snap.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Great training program. I could go into cooking method modifications but as it exists the pot belly behemoth named Ryan's easily makes food cost without the necessity to heckle staff. The secret to success for many chain restaurant is their addition of their very own commissary. The luxury of consistent produce, proteins, and dry goods cuts down on employee errors wonderfully, reduces labor costs typically lost in the preparation and grants the ability to produce food that looks exactly the same on Monday as it does Friday night. Food and Beverage Cost CONTROL!

2. "cook"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Pros

Good mangers that knows how to do thier job on an professional level and keep team members and make in everything runs good

Cons

Having to work long hours and hoildays dealing with team member to get the job done making sure the store is clean

Advice to Management

When things is going bad that day step back and count to ten to gather your thought to make the situation better

3. "It was not a professional experience. Managers and workers used profanity and had bad attitudes."

Former Employee - Server in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Server in Birmingham, AL

Pros

If you are outgoing and a people person, then tips will come easy for you. I enjoyed the people interaction with my customers the most!

Cons

You will not make as much in tips on slow days or nights. It gets really hard when others don't pull their weight so you have to work double to not get behind.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to have relationships with your workers!

5. "Worked there for over 3 years"

Former Employee - Server in Greeneville, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Greeneville, TN

I worked at Ryan's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, most customers were friendly, meet new people and personalities, pay was good if you were good at what you were doing.

Cons

Stressful, management was high strung, high expectations for servers, weekends and holidays, hard to take time off, no PTO due to part time, constant bickering.

Advice to Management

Treat long-term, good employees better. Sick people should not have to work due to spreading of illness to staff and customers. Do not expect everyone to handle the load of 5 people.

6. "General Manager Salary"

Former Employee - General Manager in Hammond, LA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Hammond, LA

I worked at Ryan's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great insurance, 401k. Close at 9:30 out before 11. If you're into it you are micromanaged

Cons

Open 365 days a year, breakfast on weekends, no autonomy

7. "a good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foley, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foley, AL

I have been working at Ryan's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good managers..good money year round..the food is great and we have wonderful customers...overall good work placw

Cons

very hot at ours, the a.c. unit is prehistor and has gone down..we now have portable units that can not keep up with the heat, i is slow getting repairs down around there, even small ones and the store is in desperate need of a make over

Advice to Management

hire more managers, two is not enough, and treat your staff well it is hard to keep good help with the volume of businees we do..other than that thank you or your hard work

8. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Ryan's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close knit job with people that are very easy going and very easy to get along with.

Cons

First of the monthers frequent the resaurant daily, making the job stressful.

9. "Ryan's was a true experience with consistency in completely work and keeping up presentation your area."

Former Employee - Cashier, Baker, and Line Server in Zachary, LA
    Former Employee - Cashier, Baker, and Line Server in Zachary, LA

I worked at Ryan's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interaction with customers, discount on meals, getting all scheduled works, and getting paid weekly.

Cons

Having to deal with unruly customers, managers not following to check up on employees compared to senior manager before them.Some employees just not following job guideline and managers allowing them to get away with it.

Advice to Management

I believe overtime anyone could advance to management

10. "It's okay for a temporary position"

Current Employee - Server in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Server in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Ryan's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees get to eat for $4 while friends and family eat for $7.99. Free meal the first day you start. Even for a buffet, servers often made well over minimum wage. On slow days, we'd sit and do nothing sometimes. I got plenty of hours, often working 6 days a week for 5 hour shifts each.

Cons

Upper management is quick to threaten to fire people and do it often. They had a "purge" at one point where they fired anyone who wasn't "up to standards" (aka older), even people who were there for years. Required to do a lot of minimum wage cleaning work for $2.13/hr. Customers can be extremely rude and demanding.

Advice to Management

There's a lot of favoritism, more so than I've noticed at other employments. Listen to your employees and don't treat them like they're beneath you. Customer isn't always right.

11. "Dishwash/maint. helper"

Former Employee - Dishwasher in Marrero, LA
    Former Employee - Dishwasher in Marrero, LA

I worked at Ryan's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers, and meeting new friends

Cons

Some co-workers that don't work with you

Advice to Management

atitude wasn't what i thought