Ryan's Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 22, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony Wedo

Pros
  • I got plenty of hours, often working 6 days a week for 5 hour shifts each (in 3 reviews)

• Honestly there is not one single reason to work ar Ryan's unless you are in severe need of a job (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours no payroll unreasonable expectations (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours, not able to make ends meet on low pay, more work than a minimum wage job should be (in 3 reviews)

1. "My experience"

Former Employee - Unemployed in Carriere, MS
    Former Employee - Unemployed in Carriere, MS

I worked at Ryan's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have plenty of hours its mostly busy so time passes and customers begin to be regulars

Cons

Seems like forever when your cleaning up at the end of your shift and you never get to have a day off

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and hire me back ..

2. "Area Director/ Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Area Director/Regional Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Area Director/Regional Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ryan's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great group of management team members. Good salaries are paid to all of the management team, and there is a lot of room to advance quickly.

Cons

The company has had several bankruptcies and store closings, so the future is shaky.

Advice to Management

Offer new food items on the buffet on a continual basis, while keeping the old standbys that everyone loves at the same time. People get bored, and want to see something different.

3. "Requires full teamwork to make the job a great customer experience and to make the job complete."

Former Employee - Hot Bar Attendant in Waycross, GA
    Former Employee - Hot Bar Attendant in Waycross, GA

I worked at Ryan's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a place where you can go and have a healthy full course meal for you and your family. The business is set up to where the food is always fresh , hot and delicious. Teamwork is always a must and they strive to satisfy the customer.

Cons

It's a very fast pace job. Safety is always a must because there is always things that can go wrong in any workplace. The things at Ryan's that require safety precautions were replacing trays at the hot bar and being careful not to burn yourself. The slippery floor in the dish room and in the prep room also. But other than that it only requires for you to be nice to all customers.

Advice to Management

As a team every employee should always pay attention to those who are not doing team work and those who tries to get away with slacking on the team. It makes the job less confusing when everyone pitches in and does their job.

"Waitress"

Former Employee - Waitress in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Waitress in Columbia, SC

I worked at Ryan's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people. The staff were always like family. I work there almost 6years. I love doing my job. Flexible shifts and hours.I have food inspection training and honestly can say, The food at Ryan's is great☺

Cons

Management changed a lot. As soon as the staff and customers got to know each other a different one was hired.

Advice to Management

Change is good, just make sure it works before you take away a person job. If at anytime an employee don't do their job,please allow the management to handle those matters.Hey,that's why they are the store manage they are aware of the people they work with.

6. "rewarding"

Current Employee - Server in Corinth, MS
    Current Employee - Server in Corinth, MS

Pros

time for family and work

Cons

sometimes being belittled in front of customers and others because some one having a bad day or experiernce with another employee

Advice to Management

take employees in office to berate them if you must

7. "been there 6 years, ok place to work"

Current Employee - Bar Runner in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Bar Runner in Pensacola, FL

Pros

you get time off when needed

Cons

havent had a raise in awhile

Advice to Management

not sure

8. "my overall work experience has been mostly a positive one, but like in all work places could use improvements."

Current Employee - Server in Searcy, AR
    Current Employee - Server in Searcy, AR

Pros

The people who dine at our restaurant are for the most part. Our regular customers have made my time at Ryan's very enjoyable. Most of our regular customers know us by name and we know theirs, they want to know about us as well as us wanting to know about them. Also the friendships I have made with my co workers is another reason to work for Ryan's.

Cons

Sometimes upper management gets so caught up in the numbers game that they forget about the people below them who help them keep their jobs. Also people can be very rude and demanding in the restaurant business, they are paying their hard earned money to eat and sometimes forget that we deserve a little courtesy also.

Advice to Management

Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, but sometimes the personal touches get lost in some of the upper ends of management . As a server I want each of my customers to feel like they are the most important people I am waiting on, and sometimes upper management only sees that there are more that 3 dirty tables in the whole restaurant and not that there are 45 more tables that are getting great customer service. Or that they have cut the store managers amount of hours they can schedule so much that they cannot properly staff the store to keep the bar properly stocked or the tables cleaned fast enough during busy times. There is more to running a store that just the numbers, they need to think about it from a customers view. Most want friendly cashiers and servers, clean place to sit, and hot fresh food. But if the store is understaffed due to a shortage of man hours then those things will not be possible.

9. "i love working with the people and ryan has been a good place to work in my 9 years"

Current Employee - Serveri Love Working With People in Clarksburg, WV
    Current Employee - Serveri Love Working With People in Clarksburg, WV

Pros

good money ,great customers , we get the things we need to keep our restrauants running, great coupons, good lunch prices. good management team.

Cons

drama among employees , better benefits for employees, people just doing there jobs and take care of customers.people not passing , not doing there clean up jobs without checking out with the right person in other words it is a great place to workand meet people of every kind.

Advice to Management

always listen to your employees ,they may have some good advise to help with the resrauant toget things done fasterand correct. having the right munt of uniforms for the employees.

10. "good"

I worked at Ryan's full-time

Pros

job was good if you worked

Cons

hours hours hours hours hours

11. "first store closed was transferred only to be closed down again"

Pros

Ok money area manager was great.

Cons

Moved me away from my family than closed my store again.

Advice to Management

Get things in writing