Ryan's Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan's Reviews

Updated May 12, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • I got plenty of hours, often working 6 days a week for 5 hour shifts each (in 3 reviews)

• Honestly there is not one single reason to work ar Ryan's unless you are in severe need of a job (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours no payroll unreasonable expectations (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours, not able to make ends meet on low pay, more work than a minimum wage job should be (in 3 reviews)

1. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Ryan's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close knit job with people that are very easy going and very easy to get along with.

Cons

First of the monthers frequent the resaurant daily, making the job stressful.

2. "Job"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Columbia, SC

I worked at Ryan's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co workers and food

Cons

Terrible store manager. No chance for raise

3. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Dothan, AL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dothan, AL

I worked at Ryan's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cons

There is no appreciation for anything you do. I have been told by my area director that it doesn't matter what you have done for this company it matters what you are doing for the company now. They are always cutting labor and changing the menu for the worst and then wonders why people stop coming in. I can't count how many times guest would complain about no variety on the hot bar. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company unless you are desperate. 6 day work weeks are always threatened and I guarantee you will be stuck in a position because labor will be cut.

Advice to Management

They won't listen but apreciating every once in a while would be great. Stop cutting the menu and then wondering why guest count is down. Stop cutting labor and blaming managers for bad operations. I don't know one single manager who is happy to work for Ryan's

5. "Restaurant"

Current Employee - Kitchen Worker, Dishwasher, Meat Cutter and Megabar in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Ryan's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at this company, they work with.

Cons

Shifts are what they are thats all in working at a fast food restaurant

Advice to Management

I love working around my managers they get their jobs done and fun to work around

6. "Requires full teamwork to make the job a great customer experience and to make the job complete."

Former Employee - Hot Bar Attendant in Waycross, GA
    Former Employee - Hot Bar Attendant in Waycross, GA

I worked at Ryan's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a place where you can go and have a healthy full course meal for you and your family. The business is set up to where the food is always fresh , hot and delicious. Teamwork is always a must and they strive to satisfy the customer.

Cons

It's a very fast pace job. Safety is always a must because there is always things that can go wrong in any workplace. The things at Ryan's that require safety precautions were replacing trays at the hot bar and being careful not to burn yourself. The slippery floor in the dish room and in the prep room also. But other than that it only requires for you to be nice to all customers.

Advice to Management

As a team every employee should always pay attention to those who are not doing team work and those who tries to get away with slacking on the team. It makes the job less confusing when everyone pitches in and does their job.

"Waitress"

Former Employee - Waitress in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Waitress in Columbia, SC

I worked at Ryan's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people. The staff were always like family. I work there almost 6years. I love doing my job. Flexible shifts and hours.I have food inspection training and honestly can say, The food at Ryan's is great☺

Cons

Management changed a lot. As soon as the staff and customers got to know each other a different one was hired.

Advice to Management

Change is good, just make sure it works before you take away a person job. If at anytime an employee don't do their job,please allow the management to handle those matters.Hey,that's why they are the store manage they are aware of the people they work with.

8. "Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Food Prep/Salad Bar in Pineville, LA
    Former Employee - Food Prep/Salad Bar in Pineville, LA

I worked at Ryan's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you love a fast-paced environment.
    Able to make new friends.
    Discounted meals on and off the clock.

Cons

Management not very stable.
    Raises are promised but not always given.
    If the restaurant is short-handed the managers run you ragged without helping.
    Get chewed out if you have any overtime.

9. "it was exlent"

Former Employee - Dish Washer in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Dish Washer in Athens, GA

I worked at Ryan's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it helps you make lots of money

Cons

they dont have lots of hours

Advice to Management

step up your game

10. "Sorry excuse for a job!"

Former Employee - Server in Elizabethtown, KY
    Former Employee - Server in Elizabethtown, KY

I worked at Ryan's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customers are great! Tips are usually really good!

Cons

Pot headed management and 90% of the employees, fighting staff, servers made to do MORE than server responsibilities, drama, drama, drama

Advice to Management

Try calming down your employees and start drug testing then you will have an excellent staff!

11. "Mediocre food offer"

Current Employee - Cook in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Cook in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Ryan's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ryan's stresses good human relationship in their employee manual. And, indeed, the climate among the workers is friendly - in more than 3 months I have not heard one unprintable expression in anyone's contribution to communication.

Cons

Ryan's does not put any effort into maintaining standards for any job. They put you to your position and let you find out how it is done. Several superiors give you different rules about specific procedures, including the priorities. There is no information at all about how a certain job should be done. Even if the employee after some weeks writes a job description and asks for feedback upon it - there is none! In stressful situations as they come up regularly in the restaurant industry, superiors do not mind wether you are aware of priorities of the moment - they rather interrupt your work by giving additional orders, thereby making your task in said stressful situation (peal times) more difficult. Climate in the crew changes strongly with manager on duty.

Advice to Management

Make sure that information is passed to employees! Be aware who in the team is responsible and who is skillful in passing on the pressure to a fellow team member! Ensure procedures and make sure that every employee follows procedures in the same manner! Live to Ryan's mission and create a pleasant experience and environment to the customer and provide quality food.