KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Ryder System

Engaged Employer

Ryder System

Add a Review

Ryder System Employee Reviews about "ryder"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 196 of over 2,089 reviews

3.7
Ryder System Chair of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer Robert E. Sanchez
Robert E. Sanchez

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and weekly(in 156 reviews)
  • "Generally professional and Good Benefits (offering health benefits to non(in 140 reviews)
  • "People are great and that's about it.(in 106 reviews)
  • "Good work environment and people(in 27 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and considered as family.(in 24 reviews)
Cons
  • "Their Poor management affects them tremendously(in 119 reviews)
  • "Alot of cons no work life balance(in 52 reviews)
  • "Long hours and sometimes very hard working(in 51 reviews)
  • "What little training there is all about On the Job Training or getting mentored by a survivor.(in 49 reviews)
  • "Its too big to take and some of the managers don't seem to be manager caliber(in 47 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ryder System and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "ryder"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Work Here

Oct 26, 2021 - Account Executive, ECS
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team at Ryder's brokerage is amazing. They recognize hard work, encourage a fun yet driven work environment, prepare you to take on your own accounts, provide any and all resources to be successful, and challenge you to do better. Can't say enough good things about the brokerage and will always recommend Ryder to a friend.

Cons

Freight never stops moving lol

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, growth focused

Nov 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ryder is a wonderful company with a stellar team and leadership.

Cons

Can't think of anything specific

3. 5.0

Love it

Nov 20, 2021 - Warehouse Supervisor in Lorton, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young Adults looking for a career will not be disappointed with the experience gained and the opportunity given by Ryder.

Cons

If you relocate. Make sure you have enough saved up because they don’t help you out nearly as much as you’d think they should. Ex - I moved sites and states for the company and came out of pocket >$3500. And I’m a single guy without a family.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

I love Ryder

Nov 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything was amazing at Ryder Met Robert Sanchez at PROs, he was the Goat. I was an RMT and walked right into his office. Too bad I was young and didn't care about my career yet, I could have went to the top of this company.

Cons

Nothing at all I say

5. 4.0

Overall A Good Company to Work For

Nov 15, 2021 - Inside Account Manager in Woodstock, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits and Ryder does contribute to your 401K. Stock plan optional and discounted.

Cons

Base pay and compensation is too low for the amount of time and effort that go into each sale.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company for drivers that want to be home often

Nov 11, 2021 - Class A Cdl Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

You usually have a set schedule with regular start times. They pay overtime after 40 hours The Holiday pay is nice. Overall good company to work for.

Cons

Not all Ryder drivers paid equally. Pay is variable an depends on the contract you work. So if the customer doesn't want to pay more the driver does not get a pay raise. Part time employees do not get any benefits. Or paid time off

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Just okay

Nov 13, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in New Albany, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay but that is about it. At this point I am looking for full WFH position and Ryder is just not it.

Cons

Only hybrid WFH options available two to three days in a week might as well be all in office , Ryder seems to be out of touch with what employees are looking for. Poor communication from management and you can give your opinions but they really do not care. Only way to move up is being part of the clique. No paid sick time and fake work life balance.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Quality inspector (Material Handler working with SAP)

Nov 13, 2021 - Quality Inspector (Material Handler Working With SAP)
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm working with Ryder Inc as Quality inspector (Material Handler working with SAP). Just to survive I'm working with this institution.

Cons

This job is not consistence with my educational qualification.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Service manager review - Ryder systems

Nov 30, 2021 - Service Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous pay plan. Vehicle allowance.

Cons

Ryder systems service centers in major cities appear to be inadequate and cannot properly support the fleet size for their areas. Additional centers are required to improve the customer experience. As a service manager I received non-stop phone calls by customers in broken down vehicles all hours of the night.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overworked, low pay

Oct 28, 2021 - Customer Logistics Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large compnay that offers great training and learning experience within multiple sectors of the transportation industry.

Cons

Ryder is a very lean company and stuck in old ways. You will be overworked, and your pay will be quite a bit lower compared to the rest of the market in similar positions. There is a definite lack of positive culture.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 196 Reviews