Cover image for Rylem

Rylem

Is this your company?

Rylem

Add a Review

Rylem Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Aug 18, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 94 of over 94 reviews
3.6
61% Recommend to a Friend
78% Approve of CEO

Found 8 of over 94 reviews

3.6
Rylem Managing Partner Mike Dades (no image)
Mike Dades

77 Comments

Tech

564.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Rylem~402664
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Rylem? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rylem employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits (including health insurance and commuter reimbursement)(in 8 reviews)
  • "Both great opportunities that look even greater on my resume.(in 5 reviews)
  • "The culture has changed and evolved a lot over my time at Rylem, and it is admittedly, in flux at the moment, but the company has a great core of young salespeople and recruiters that are driven and excited, and will make great mentors for you if you're looking for your first step into the world of agency recruiting.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Friendly and prompt staff(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Employer I've Ever Had

Sep 18, 2015 - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, Owners are always available to give advice or troubleshoot problems, great opportunity to succeed if you take advantage of the many resources made available to you, fun events and competitions like Pancake/Trivia Fridays, Mike, Kim, and Guy really go out of their way to make you feel appreciated

Cons

No cons about Rylem. Recruiting can be a tough business and you won't last long if you don't have the right mindset, but that is true across the industry. If anything Rylem gives you the time, tools, and opportunity to grow into the "right mindset" in a way that no other agency or internal recruiting org would.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cool peeps! Cool kids!

Aug 18, 2021 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Manila, Manila
    Business Outlook

Pros

You want to have great people that you want to work with that are just great in all aspects? this is the only company that provided that to me so far

Cons

no place for mediocrity or procrastination although people here overcommunicate to make sure we get all the help we need

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the Rylem team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Jersey Mike

Jul 14, 2015 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who all used to work there, great food in the area, and alright location. Its really hard to find a silver lining when the owners consistently tell lies to their employees.

Cons

Far too many to count. From the lying owners who don't have a clue, to the shady employees who thrive in a toxic environment. At no point will the owners go out of their way to help develop you into a better version of yourself. They want drones who they can manipulate into doing what THEY want. 90% of the honest, and truly great people who were employed during my time there have since left, and for good reason. The day I quit, rather than thank me for my time there, one of the managing partners decided to threaten me with a lawsuit. My advice to anyone thinking of taking a job internal or external to this company, PLEASE CONTACT PREVIOUS EMPLOYEES OF RYLEM ON LINKED IN!! I can almost guarantee you that they will all say the same thing. Also, they claim this is a 'Woman owned business', but all that means is they worked an angle for the Microsoft VMS by putting the company in the name of the owners, since divorced, wife.....like I said, they are liars

21 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, dedicated staff, has its quirks

Jun 29, 2016 - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was at Rylem for less than a year and I was able to learn the basics and key points of recruiting that I was able to be taken seriously and hired on at a reputable company; it's a place that fosters your motivation to grow (as a recruiter) and perfect sourcing/recruitment practices - Great culture, fun people, awesome senses of humor (the greatest people I have had the opportunity to work with), - Great office (it honestly felt like a second home to me and was incredibly tough to leave) - Very approachable management (the owners are always down to grab coffee and chat) - As long as you're laid back AND have a strong motivation to work/work ethic, you'll be good - It's also a very team-oriented environment, so that's cool - Probably the best work/life balance in town (for sourcers and recruiters; can't really speak on behalf of sales)

Cons

- Management is still working out a few things, so it can seem a little disorganized from time to time - Some of the priorities are a little outdated - Very reliant on VMS, so you don't truly know the reqs or teams that you're recruiting for - 401k package isn't anything to write home about, but the other benefits are good - It's very hierarchical - Not a lot of room for actual career growth (might just be because it's a small company, so you can't blame em')

3 people found this review helpful

Rylem Response

Manager

Hello former Rylemite, we appreciate your open and honest feedback and will take it to heart. It's so great to hear you learned everything you need to know to be able to move onto a better opportunity with larger company. We are glad we were a part of your learning and development process. This is very inspirational especially for those individuals out there looking to get their foot into staffing! We wish you all the best and hope our paths will cross again!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company, better people

Nov 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of young, fun people who all work hard and have great energy - I absolutely love coming to work everyday to see my fellow coworkers and friends. Rylem is a smaller consulting firm which allows for everyone's voice to be heard and an impact to be made. Work hard, play hard mentality - hard work is definitely rewarded!

Cons

You must be willing to put in the hard work needed to succeed (as with any consulting firm in the staffing industry)

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Former glory, but now please turn around and run!

Jan 19, 2018 - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Let me get this straight: I will forever be grateful to the people who helped me become an outstanding Recruiter and invested in me. Back in 2014, great people took a chance on me and hired me. That was the definite starting point for a successful career.

Cons

However, all of those amazing mentors and leaders are gone. They were the heart and soul of Rylem, the real backbone. Two of the original three founders split up and left their life’s work behind to the now CEO and sole-owner. They didn’t want to bet there anymore! Rylem used to be a ‘work hard, play hard’ place with a great culture and fun stuff going on all the time. Unfortunately, it developed into a micro-managed environment with strict hours, no flexibility and toxic leadership. Fun activities or happy hours feel forced, and alcohol seems to be the only way they know how to do ‘fun’. There is no consistent training. There used to be a great program for sourcing and recruiting, but both leaders in charge of that are – you guessed it – gone. Sales training is and has always been very inconsistent. If you think about joining, think twice and ask yourself: Why would the CEO of the company advertise attending an elite college when in fact, he never did. Turn around and RUN. Rylem has become a prime example of a terrible workplace. If there was an award for ‘Worst Place to Work at in Seattle’, they’d be competing for it.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Recruiters and Account Managers -Proceed with Caution

Jul 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with are great, we bonded through our mutual hatred of Rylem and it's owners. The office space is cool, but you get over it really fast.

Cons

If you are a recruiting or sales professional thinking about joining Rylem, PLEASE do yourself a favor and contact former Rylem employees on Linkedin and ask about their experience with Rylem. We will all be brutally honest with you and in most cases connect you with other people in our network to provide you with a better opportunity than Rylem. Most employees do not stay at Rylem for more than a year and regret joining after about 2 months. Turnover ratio is about 60%. The commission structure is terrible and the owners will lie to you about how much money you 'could' make during the interview. They drive you with a whip and will yell at you -in front of the entire office- if you are not hitting your numbers. They treat you as if you are here to make money for them, and not 'how can we make you succeed'. The company is barely holding on by a thread, and there is no room for growth or advancement. The only advancement you make is when you quit and move onto a better position.

14 people found this review helpful