KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rylem

Is this your company?

Rylem

Add a Review

Rylem Employee Reviews about "office space"

Updated Jul 10, 2022

Found 3 of over 93 reviews

3.4
Rylem Managing Partner Mike Dades (no image)
Mike Dades

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits (including health insurance and commuter reimbursement)(in 6 reviews)
  • "The culture has changed and evolved a lot over my time at Rylem, and it is admittedly, in flux at the moment, but the company has a great core of young salespeople and recruiters that are driven and excited, and will make great mentors for you if you're looking for your first step into the world of agency recruiting.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Both great opportunities that look even greater on my resume.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Friendly and prompt staff(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "office space"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Former Internal Recruiter

May 20, 2016 - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a consultant, there are very few agencies in the Seattle market that will care about you and treat you as well as Rylem will. I can’t think of anyone I worked with at Rylem who wouldn’t go above and beyond to do whatever it took to do right by their contractors. Great benefits, amazing internal operations to ensure pay, benefits and other HR functions for our consultants are always running smoothly. As far as internal operations go (Sourcers, Recruiters, Sales)- Rylem is a great place to be, but is not without it’s flaws. Rylem isn’t perfect, but what company is? Above all else, Rylem is a great place to be if you want to enjoy being at work, make great money, and build a career if you’re new to staffing/recruiting. Rylem’s training and development program is second to none. Probably it’s biggest problem is retention, due to large tech companies like Google and Amazon poaching all of it’s employees. But management has done a great job at making Rylem a place that’s hard to leave, for me at least. Rylem isn’t for everyone though. Personalities can definitely clash, and there have been a lot of negative experiences here, as some of the feedback below shows. There’s a lot of criticism, much of which is true, or somewhat true. But a lot simply comes from disgruntled employees who probably didn’t perform well, or didn’t work well with others. There certainly is a lot of room for improvement at Rylem, but management truly does make a concentrated effort at always hearing out its employees, and making improvements to the business, the culture, the policies, and anything else it can. They want you to enjoy working there, and they want you to be successful. For me, leaving Rylem was tough, but that wasn’t the case for all people. As I said, it’s not right for everyone. But it’s a great place to learn, develop, and/or make a lot of money, in place that for me was fun and down to earth. Pros: - Management that cares about you personally and professionally, and is always striving to find ways to improve. - Exceptional training and development; if you are a young professional looking to get your start in recruiting, look no further. - Highly competitive commission structure and base pay - Very laid back, energetic and down to earth culture (which will probably not be right for a lot of people) - “Work hard, play hard” mentality (I know everyone says that, but it’s really the culture at Rylem) - Amazing clients to work with a recruit for (Amazon, Expedia, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Microsoft, and more) - Free food and drinks - Awesome office space (think techy industrial look)

Cons

Cons: - Increasing lenience on VMS accounts, which can make it hard to find opportunities to redeploy contractors at the end of their contracts - Consistency and follow-through with new ideas and policies is not strong, to stay the least - Somewhat prescriptive policies in terms of how to do your job (although metrics and numbers at Rylem are a lot less intense than most staffing agencies, from what I’ve heard) - The culture could be a con to some people; if you’re an extremely buttoned up and serious professional who strives to separate work and personal life, Rylem will not be the place for.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Entertaining

Oct 31, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Contractors and clients are generally happy with delivery of expectations. IE:(product) This experience can be attributed to an amazing sales staff and recruiting engine that truly care about the success of a candidate. Also, has great wifi connectivity, refreshments and office space.

Cons

If your looking for a "good old boys" throw down at the local watering hole experience, this is the place for you. Nonlinear, narcissistic shouting is a blast in morning stand ups and provides for great laughs when shared with competent professionals.

6 people found this review helpful

Rylem Response

Manager

You have great advice that we will take into consideration. Thank you very much for your review!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Recruiters and Account Managers -Proceed with Caution

Jul 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with are great, we bonded through our mutual hatred of Rylem and it's owners. The office space is cool, but you get over it really fast.

Cons

If you are a recruiting or sales professional thinking about joining Rylem, PLEASE do yourself a favor and contact former Rylem employees on Linkedin and ask about their experience with Rylem. We will all be brutally honest with you and in most cases connect you with other people in our network to provide you with a better opportunity than Rylem. Most employees do not stay at Rylem for more than a year and regret joining after about 2 months. Turnover ratio is about 60%. The commission structure is terrible and the owners will lie to you about how much money you 'could' make during the interview. They drive you with a whip and will yell at you -in front of the entire office- if you are not hitting your numbers. They treat you as if you are here to make money for them, and not 'how can we make you succeed'. The company is barely holding on by a thread, and there is no room for growth or advancement. The only advancement you make is when you quit and move onto a better position.

14 people found this review helpful