KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rylem

Is this your company?

Rylem

Add a Review

Rylem Employee Reviews about "opportunity"

Updated Jul 10, 2022

Found 11 of over 93 reviews

3.4
Rylem Managing Partner Mike Dades (no image)
Mike Dades

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits (including health insurance and commuter reimbursement)(in 6 reviews)
  • "The culture has changed and evolved a lot over my time at Rylem, and it is admittedly, in flux at the moment, but the company has a great core of young salespeople and recruiters that are driven and excited, and will make great mentors for you if you're looking for your first step into the world of agency recruiting.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Both great opportunities that look even greater on my resume.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Friendly and prompt staff(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "opportunity"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Employer I've Ever Had

Sep 18, 2015 - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, Owners are always available to give advice or troubleshoot problems, great opportunity to succeed if you take advantage of the many resources made available to you, fun events and competitions like Pancake/Trivia Fridays, Mike, Kim, and Guy really go out of their way to make you feel appreciated

Cons

No cons about Rylem. Recruiting can be a tough business and you won't last long if you don't have the right mindset, but that is true across the industry. If anything Rylem gives you the time, tools, and opportunity to grow into the 'right mindset' in a way that no other agency or internal recruiting org would.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0

Great place to start, will need to move onwards after 2 years

Oct 31, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

good incentive and fairly good morale

Cons

low growth opportunity within the company

3 people found this review helpful

Manager

Thank you for your review! We will continue to try to provide our employees with growth opportunity within the company.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, dedicated staff, has its quirks

Jun 29, 2016 - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was at Rylem for less than a year and I was able to learn the basics and key points of recruiting that I was able to be taken seriously and hired on at a reputable company; it's a place that fosters your motivation to grow (as a recruiter) and perfect sourcing/recruitment practices - Great culture, fun people, awesome senses of humor (the greatest people I have had the opportunity to work with), - Great office (it honestly felt like a second home to me and was incredibly tough to leave) - Very approachable management (the owners are always down to grab coffee and chat) - As long as you're laid back AND have a strong motivation to work/work ethic, you'll be good - It's also a very team-oriented environment, so that's cool - Probably the best work/life balance in town (for sourcers and recruiters; can't really speak on behalf of sales)

Cons

- Management is still working out a few things, so it can seem a little disorganized from time to time - Some of the priorities are a little outdated - Very reliant on VMS, so you don't truly know the reqs or teams that you're recruiting for - 401k package isn't anything to write home about, but the other benefits are good - It's very hierarchical - Not a lot of room for actual career growth (might just be because it's a small company, so you can't blame em')

3 people found this review helpful

Manager

Hello former Rylemite, we appreciate your open and honest feedback and will take it to heart. It's so great to hear you learned everything you need to know to be able to move onto a better opportunity with larger company. We are glad we were a part of your learning and development process. This is very inspirational especially for those individuals out there looking to get their foot into staffing! We wish you all the best and hope our paths will cross again!

4. 4.0

Former Rylemite.

Feb 4, 2016 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rylem gave me a great opportunity to build up my resume and gain the skills I needed for my next opportunity. I've made some great friends from Rylem and have had a lot of fun while I was there. Its unfortunate that there are so many negative reviews on here because there are still a few good recruiters left who have to deal with the consequences.

Cons

Didn't always agree with changes that management made and at times felt that they played favorites. There is a decent amount of turnover but similar to other staffing agencies in the area.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We wish you all the best in the future and with your next opportunity!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rylem has given me so much opportunity!

Sep 27, 2013 - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Empowers their employees (Whatever you want to do, they will give you a chance) Great location and a fun/positive place to work (Rylem is consistently looking for ways to have fun as a company, build team unity, and celebrate success) Rylem is at the top of our industry in terms of investing in their employees and investing in resources that help individual and collective success!

Cons

It's hard to say something bad about a company that employs you, empowers you, and gives you every opportunity to succeed!

1 person found this review helpful

Manager

Thank you for your review and advice! We'll look into the bonus and/or trip and/or both :)

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Average outlook

Feb 24, 2016 - Internal Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provides the opportunity to get sourcing and recruiting experience at a company in Seattle. The culture between employees is for the most part welcoming, but is geared for a younger start up vibe, prepare to work with friends and not-so-much friends. As a recruiter hopeful you can begin creating your own brand with the tools provided. Peer to Peer mentorship can go beyond Rylem tenure, great for those early in their careers. This company has learned some good things from recent changes, hoping they can complete their goals and not abandon them.

Cons

Focus too much on creating a culture fit that requires fun events to hang out with the owners. Compensation should be increased to encourage work/life balance opposed to life balance being inside work funded events that are NSFW. Improvements to the processes, foundations of ideals, and manageable long term goals will be necessary for continued success. Promotional opportunities limited due to internal structure.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee

The working environment is very unprofessional and I found it to be quite toxic.

Nov 23, 2011 - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working with great candidates and helping them find their next career opportunity.

Cons

The Management team doesn't know how to manage; they are extremely disrespectful to employees and very unprofessional.

12 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Shaky business and ethical issues

Jun 10, 2014 - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a very real opportunity to make good money here if you have the temperament to stick with it. Employees have a relatively high degree of autonomy.

Cons

The owners' lives spill into the office making it a toxic environment. The overall quality of hires is very uneven, so one must work alongside some dodgy folks.

6 people found this review helpful

Manager

We are continually trying to improve our internal recruiting process in order to hire smart, motivated and honest employees. Thank you for your advice!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I've grown along with Rylem, great place to work!

Oct 24, 2013 - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Rylem cultivates your career and gives you tools to succeed such as attending conferences, trainings, lunch and learns with industry professionals, and recruiting tools to find the best candidates. -They have fun events, support contractors, and there's plenty of free food and drinks! -They support both professional and personal growth and achieving your goals. -As with any business, they have their growing pains and have made great strides in the last few years. I have been right there growing with them in my career and they've given me opportunity to progress and develop my skills.

Cons

Since it is a small company, processes can change more frequently, however since hiring a branch manager, there is more consistency and established processes.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Manager

Thank you for your review and we will certainly take your advice to heart!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Recruiters and Account Managers -Proceed with Caution

Jul 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with are great, we bonded through our mutual hatred of Rylem and it's owners. The office space is cool, but you get over it really fast.

Cons

If you are a recruiting or sales professional thinking about joining Rylem, PLEASE do yourself a favor and contact former Rylem employees on Linkedin and ask about their experience with Rylem. We will all be brutally honest with you and in most cases connect you with other people in our network to provide you with a better opportunity than Rylem. Most employees do not stay at Rylem for more than a year and regret joining after about 2 months. Turnover ratio is about 60%. The commission structure is terrible and the owners will lie to you about how much money you 'could' make during the interview. They drive you with a whip and will yell at you -in front of the entire office- if you are not hitting your numbers. They treat you as if you are here to make money for them, and not 'how can we make you succeed'. The company is barely holding on by a thread, and there is no room for growth or advancement. The only advancement you make is when you quit and move onto a better position.

14 people found this review helpful