Found 25 of over 102 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
6 hours ago
Got laid off from my job as a software developer a couple days ago and am looking for new opportunities in the Calgary area/remote. Have 2.5 year of experience and worked with various technologies over that time including React, ReactNative, Typescript, Rails, NodeJS, as well as experience with mobile app development. Would appreciate any advice, positions or opportunities you can recommend/offer.
Got a burning question about Rylem? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rylem employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits (including health insurance and commuter reimbursement)" (in 7 reviews)
- "The culture has changed and evolved a lot over my time at Rylem, and it is admittedly, in flux at the moment, but the company has a great core of young salespeople and recruiters that are driven and excited, and will make great mentors for you if you're looking for your first step into the world of agency recruiting." (in 5 reviews)
- "Friendly and prompt staff" (in 4 reviews)
- "The people I worked with are great, we bonded through our mutual hatred of Rylem and it's owners." (in 3 reviews)
- "I never knew the old partners (current CEO bought them out) but I report directly to the current owner and I couldn't be happier." (in 2 reviews)
- "1 meetings with management to 'discuss your metrics' but they'll talk for 90% of that meeting about nothing important." (in 6 reviews)
- "We will all be brutally honest with you and in most cases connect you with other people in our network to provide you with a better opportunity than Rylem." (in 5 reviews)
- "There was an amazing manager when I started." (in 3 reviews)
- "The Management team is extremely unprofessional and difficult to work for." (in 3 reviews)
- "Although, Their margins were large, the pay was quite low compared to other consulting firms." (in 3 reviews)
Reviews about "opportunity"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0May 27, 2014Data AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 yearRedmond, WA
Good contract opportunities. Funky headquarters in Pioneer Square, downtown Seattle. In the middle of recession-resistant Western Washington. Organized and thorough in terms of getting employees set up with equipment and ready to work.
When a situation arose that had the client inappropriately questioning my abilities, despite all evidence to the contrary, they did not support me and did not assist me in finding more work.3Rylem Response10y
You have our apologies for your negative experience. Unfortunately, at times, we must do as our clients wish. We will certainly take your advice if any similar situations arise in the future, and will be more investigative as well as provide more assistance in finding additional work. We wish you all the best in your career and please let us know if we can be of any assistance (with providing you referrals or by using our connections in the Seattle market).
- 3.0Oct 31, 2013Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
good incentive and fairly good morale
low growth opportunity within the company3Rylem Response10y
Thank you for your review! We will continue to try to provide our employees with growth opportunity within the company.
- 3.0Mar 9, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
recruiters were only helpful in setting up interviews. decent benefits.
did not have many open opportunities to select from. company only seemed to care about their resources as long as they were staffed.3
- 4.0Jun 17, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Good meet and greet gathering for new people joining. They provide good practice tools for job interviews.
Lack of selection of certain job opportunities.1Rylem Response9y
Thanks for you review and a big thanks for your excellent advice to management! One thing we consistently try to improve is our relationship with all of our employees. To that effect, we have recently hired an Operations/HR Manager who will focus specifically on processes to make sure we do a better job of keeping in touch with our Contractors. This is particularly important to us because we are thankful for the work our employees do out in the field and want to make sure we do a good job of showing that appreciation. Thank YOU so much for your hard work and thanks again for the review. :)
- 4.0Feb 4, 2016RecruiterFormer Employee
Rylem gave me a great opportunity to build up my resume and gain the skills I needed for my next opportunity. I've made some great friends from Rylem and have had a lot of fun while I was there. Its unfortunate that there are so many negative reviews on here because there are still a few good recruiters left who have to deal with the consequences.
Didn't always agree with changes that management made and at times felt that they played favorites. There is a decent amount of turnover but similar to other staffing agencies in the area.2Rylem Response8y
Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We wish you all the best in the future and with your next opportunity!
- 5.0Apr 10, 2021Human Resources Assistant IICurrent Contractor, less than 1 year
They’ve gotten me TWO contracts with Amazon, my favorite company, so far. Both great opportunities that look even greater on my resume.
There’s no benefits. Unless you count getting 1hr of PTO for every two months you work.
- 5.0Sep 27, 2013Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Empowers their employees (Whatever you want to do, they will give you a chance) Great location and a fun/positive place to work (Rylem is consistently looking for ways to have fun as a company, build team unity, and celebrate success) Rylem is at the top of our industry in terms of investing in their employees and investing in resources that help individual and collective success!
It's hard to say something bad about a company that employs you, empowers you, and gives you every opportunity to succeed!1Rylem Response10y
Thank you for your review and advice! We'll look into the bonus and/or trip and/or both :)
- 3.0Feb 24, 2016Internal RecruiterFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Provides the opportunity to get sourcing and recruiting experience at a company in Seattle. The culture between employees is for the most part welcoming, but is geared for a younger start up vibe, prepare to work with friends and not-so-much friends. As a recruiter hopeful you can begin creating your own brand with the tools provided. Peer to Peer mentorship can go beyond Rylem tenure, great for those early in their careers. This company has learned some good things from recent changes, hoping they can complete their goals and not abandon them.
Focus too much on creating a culture fit that requires fun events to hang out with the owners. Compensation should be increased to encourage work/life balance opposed to life balance being inside work funded events that are NSFW. Improvements to the processes, foundations of ideals, and manageable long term goals will be necessary for continued success. Promotional opportunitiesPromotional opportunitiesPromotional opportunities limited due to internal structure.1
- 5.0Oct 24, 2013RecruiterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
-Rylem cultivates your career and gives you tools to succeed such as attending conferences, trainings, lunch and learns with industry professionals, and recruiting tools to find the best candidates. -They have fun events, support contractors, and there's plenty of free food and drinks! -They support both professional and personal growth and achieving your goals. -As with any business, they have their growing pains and have made great strides in the last few years. I have been right there growing with them in my career and they've given me opportunity to progress and develop my skills.
Since it is a small company, processes can change more frequently, however since hiring a branch manager, there is more consistency and established processes.Rylem Response10y
Thank you for your review and we will certainly take your advice to heart!