KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rylem

Is this your company?

Rylem

Add a Review

Rylem Employee Reviews about "staff"

Updated Jul 10, 2022

Found 8 of over 93 reviews

3.4
Rylem Managing Partner Mike Dades (no image)
Mike Dades

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits (including health insurance and commuter reimbursement)(in 6 reviews)
  • "The culture has changed and evolved a lot over my time at Rylem, and it is admittedly, in flux at the moment, but the company has a great core of young salespeople and recruiters that are driven and excited, and will make great mentors for you if you're looking for your first step into the world of agency recruiting.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Both great opportunities that look even greater on my resume.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Friendly and prompt staff(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "staff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Great agency to work for

Jul 18, 2019 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits and staff are great. no issues in onboarding

Cons

none I can think of

2. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Great Contracting Agency

Apr 6, 2016 - Senior QA Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've only worked with a few contracting agencies, but I've known many other contractors, and as we've compared notes about our agencies Rylem clearly stands out as the best. Rylem provides me with the same healthcare and life insurance options they give their staff. Rylem got me a subsidized transit pass. More than that, my Rylem recruiter genuinely cares about me and my happiness in my work. She is in regular contact with me and is always very quick to reply when I contact her. The company goes above in beyond in this regard. They host happy hours and coffee meet-and-greets, so that we all get to know each other. I'm not just a name or number; I've shared drinks with many of the recruiters, so our relationship is more personal. I am working on my fifth contract with Rylem, and will continue to use their services for as long as I choose to remain a contractor.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the company. They've done a great job representing me thus far.

Recruiter

Thank you very much for the time and review! We work hard every day to provide a great contractor experience, and it sounds like we did a good job. Please let us know any feedback you may have in the future. We'd love to hear. All the best to you.

3. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great company because of it's people

Dec 3, 2020 - C#/.NET Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff at Rylem are knowledgeable of the positions they staff for which helped me understand their client's perspective/need. They are also attentive to my concerns and provide quick feedback allowing me to focus on other things and not to worry. I think the greatest skill/quality/trait of their staff which allows the previous two results is empathy. They care and are in it with me.

Cons

One day I will have to leave this company :(

4. 3.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Good Company

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits (including health insurance and commuter reimbursement) Useful company swag Frequent meaningful interaction with staff

Cons

Frequent staff turnover - I had several different contacts in 10 weeks Young staff with minimal experience who sometimes had difficulty advocating for the contract staff.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not worth the trouble

Nov 30, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff I worked with was hardworking and fun to be around

Cons

Jeez where to start. First of all, I was forced to write a positive review very very early on in my career here, ON MY OFFICE COMPUTER. The CEOS/founders sit several feet away from you. Do you think I felt comfortable being honest/had enough exposure yet to write something accurate? Do you think they knew that? Their training is nonexistent and basically consists of "you must feel awkward being on the phone" and not "you feel awkward because we asked you to call people 5 times in a row because they won't pick up, because we force you to call people over dinner because they'll be easier to reach, because we force you to use shady tactics to reach out to people who clearly don't want it." There was an amazing manager when I started. One of the founders let him go because she wanted to do his job again and she was terrible at it. She forced us to send those crappy "great job in YOUR area, message me to learn more!" messages that no one talented likes to hear. We brought in local people who did the roles we hired for so we could ask them questions (this is a good idea) but were told not to listen to them when they said that they hated being contacted with e-mails like that and wouldn't respond (why bring them in if we're not going to listen to their insider info?). The management assumed that it was relaxing and fun to be forced to drink and play foosball with them. It's not. Let me do my job or let me go home. I was repeatedly told to lie to candidates about whether something we knew wasn't full-time would go full-time or not to get them to agree to sign on. I was repeatedly told to lie about ANYTHING that would get a candidate to agree to do what we wanted. We were also told to lie to companies about candidates (we celebrated tricking a company into making their full-time role part-time because we told them that this rockstar candidate we found who they really wanted would only work part-time, then tricked the candidate by telling them that they company loved them but would only take him part-time).

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Software Test Engineer

Jun 19, 2019 - Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and prompt staff

Cons

Not that i know off

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Entertaining

Oct 31, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Contractors and clients are generally happy with delivery of expectations. IE:(product) This experience can be attributed to an amazing sales staff and recruiting engine that truly care about the success of a candidate. Also, has great wifi connectivity, refreshments and office space.

Cons

If your looking for a "good old boys" throw down at the local watering hole experience, this is the place for you. Nonlinear, narcissistic shouting is a blast in morning stand ups and provides for great laughs when shared with competent professionals.

6 people found this review helpful

Manager

You have great advice that we will take into consideration. Thank you very much for your review!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

No other place I'd rather spend 40hr/week!

Mar 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Let me start by saying I have a lot of work experience in the Seattle eCommerce and Start-up space, and I my career will always be attracted to smaller companies. No corporate, nation-wide, bland work space for me please! With that being said, the first time I walked in the door for my interview I fell in love. Interviewing at other various recruiting agencies was like a series of bad dates, but I knew this was the one! Rylem is located in a wonderful area of Pioneer Square, and the large brick office offers a welcoming and positive energy. I love coming to work every day. My co-workers are helpful, collaborative, funny, and new ideas are encouraged and actually acted on. Management is very involved and always available, even outside of office hours. They promote healthy lifestyles...mentally, emotionally, and physically. And have a "work smarter, not harder" mentality. There is a ton of room from grow and I believe this is a very good time to be at Rylem. Our vision and goals are defined and we're doing a great job working towards them. Honestly, I have NEVER woken up and been bummed to go to work. How many people can say that? Here we pump each other up, move quickly, and there is no other place I'd rather spend my hours!

Cons

Outside recruiters recruiting our internal staff! (But I guess that's a compliment)

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

We love the kind words! Thank you for taking the time to draft this review. We appreciate it.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 Reviews