S&M Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

S&M Brands Reviews

1.8
Mac Bailey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A company that does not value their employees at any level."

Former Employee - Owners in Keysville, VA
    Former Employee - Owners in Keysville, VA

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment able to make changes quickly if warranted.

Cons

Owners do not lead by example or take care of their employees at any level, financially or work environment.

Advice to Management

Get heavily involved in the business, work in the field with sales personnel in all markets, start early/finish late.

"Declining sale and share, antiquated product and management."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Keysville, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Keysville, VA

I have been working at S&M Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sales reps you work with are good people, expenses are paid weekly although making them direct deposit would be a good move.

Cons

Product doesn't sell, no chain presence, dwindling customers, products were relevant 15 years ago. No real tools, pos is 5 years old. Management is horrible. They don't follow their own handbook. Weekly emails from a maniac that is supposed to be a leader. This is a horrible company to work for.

Advice to Management

You're people work 60 hours a week, selling products that consumers don't buy. Refresh your brand. We all work hard, long hours give us something to sell. We have lost all of our share in the marketplace due to bad decisions that you continue to make.

This is a sales job, we all sell for bonuses. Pay us on time. My bonuses are almost three months behind. Automobile allowances are always late. Pay us.

3. "Working for a family business is great but raises are necessary."

Current Employee - Assistant in Keysville, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant in Keysville, VA

Pros

They are a small more personable employer.

Cons

Very little appreciation by means of raises.

Advice to Management

Consider our devotion to the company.

"Very confused company, always a step behind."

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

They do pay for all of your expenses and make like easy as far as being new to the sales rep position.

They have a good idea of where they want to be in the tobacco market.

supervisors are always looking to give you advice.

Cons

They micromanage their employees, it does not seem like they trust their employees. They are constantly trying to tell you how something should have been done. The head office will make broad assumptions about individual accounts which impact your daily activities.

Management changes their mind on a weekly basis on "what is important" this leads to a lot of confusion on the sales force.

goals are dangled in front of employees like carrots on a stick, the sales goals are close to impossible to achieve.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that they allow more freedom to the employees, they need to have more control of their schedule and not be hassled when they make 1 stop out of sequence.