S&P Global Market Intelligence Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "A good company to work for"

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time

Pros

They have some of the best benefits around, and the work environment is casual in most departments.

Cons

They have been downsizing quite a bit in the last few years. The Ratings is one of the most stable.

2. "Former Employee"

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time

Pros

Typical office job. Good hours. A good way to get your foot in the finance industry but don't recommend as a long term job

Cons

Pay and benefits lack. A ton of data entry

Advice to Management

Pay a contractor to help you automate some of the data entry

3. "Good place to be"

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time

Pros

flexible work hours, smart colleagues

Cons

Management was not clear on mission

4. "Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, nice locations of offices

Cons

Too many re-orgs in the past few years

Advice to Management

Focus on getting things done right.

"Very Disappointed"

Current Employee - Client Development Associate
    Current Employee - Client Development Associate

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really smart people across the organization. If you go the extra mile....and I mean really push, you can connect with them. There is so much in flux that you do get a lot of experience, trying to figure out new workflows and new products (merged product suite between CIQ and SNL).

Cons

The pay for 'Client Development Associates' is nowhere near the number listed on this site. The starting pay is less than $50K, and less than $20K for commission (keyword: commission). There are problems with pay (commercial/sales organization) and top performers have started to leave, though not in the mass exodus the company expected last month. The C-suite seems really motivated and capable. It's hard to tell where the breakdown starts between them and middle-management.

Advice to Management

Pay your sales organization (no one has received as much as an email recognizing the months of backpay that is owed). Put managers in charge who want to actually lead their teams, and not just go over quota.

"Weak Leadership , Negative Outlook"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Very flexible and team-centric company

Cons

Very few leaders who actually are technically skilled and are good implementers
    Upper management is very poor at planning and strategizing
    Business commitments always take precedence over technological advancement
    No retention and recognition for top talent

Advice to Management

Acquiring and retaining top talent in all locations
    Give engineers the tools and accountability as well as remove the restrictions
    Good engineers do not need guidelines and procedures to get the job done
    Planning of company wide milestones needs the involvement of all stakeholders else you will end up with unrealistic timelines

7. "Growing pains"

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generally good benefits and competitive salary. Most co-workers are easy to get along with, and work well together.

Cons

In the wake of the SNL deal, company seems to be rapidly expanding without having all of the infrastructure in place to support it. Senior managers are pulled in a dozen different directions and don't have the time to give deserved attention to anything.

Advice to Management

Lay the groundwork first.

"Operations Position"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence (More than 8 years)

Pros

It was a great company, great 401k and above average healthcare. A lot of great people!

Cons

The culture has been slowly eroding with acquisitions. What used to feel like a small company that cared is slowly turning into a larger company with a lack of identity.

Advice to Management

Listen more to mid level managers. They had a good sense of what was happening on an operational level.

"Smart people, good managers, quirky bonus system"

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

S&P Global Market Intelligence is a top-notch news and information company. Lots of smart and talented people. Hard work is rewarded nicely and is expected from everyone, but environment is not as cutthroat as a Bloomberg. It's a rapidly growing company with many opportunities to move into new areas if you wish. Casual work environment, yet people are serious about their jobs. Company has succeeded in promoting a strong crop of employees to mid-level managers.

Cons

Base salary often is below market rate. Convoluted bonus structure. Virtually all the work you do is measured in some way. Health and other benefits are not great.

Advice to Management

Make the bonus structure more transparent. Tone down the employee performance metrics.

"Good work environment, interesting job but room for improvement in opportunities"

Pros

Professional, smart and kind coworkers! Good rapport within teams and dedicated to our jobs! Interesting work.

Cons

Insufficient salary compared to cost of living and limited growth potential as everyone is mostly put into the 75% satisfactory performance "bucket" which means you aren't really evaluating your employees correctly. Your top performers will burn out and go elsewhere when they see the impossibility of moving forward. But maybe the performance system is rigged to be that way? Just my humble opinion after going nowhere for too long while doing my best every day.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees, we actually have a lot of insight we could share with you. I've been here for several years and no one has ever spoken to me from top leadership, even though Mike, our CEO, introduced himself very kindly once in the elevator. I don't think my department head even knows my name...very strange considering I'm not just some lackey. I've worked at larger companies before (so our growth shouldn't be an excuse) and I was on a first name basis with most executives so I guess that's why the leadership culture here seems a bit odd to me. I think everyone is doing great work, but there's a disconnect with your ESSENTIAL employees!