S&P Global Market Intelligence Reviews | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great management, great team, benefits are top notch, work life balance is the best I have ever seen (in 175 reviews)

• Casual work environment, yet people are serious about their jobs (in 66 reviews)

1. "Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance. Most managers have no issues with you working remotely.

Cons

There is no sense of pride in the work because everybody's busy backstabbing everyone else due to management turning coworkers against each other instead of unifying them.

Advice to Management

Have ALL management take motivation training. My current manager is a massive bully who has threatened to fire people during meetings if they say something he doesn't like. He has also said on numerous occasions to several people that things they are working on better go well as their job depends on it.

2. "Best Place to Learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning opportunities are high, Cafeteria, Top Level management are highly supportive.

Cons

I didnt find any cons in my days.

Advice to Management

NA

3. "Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

I interned for a summer and it was such a rewarding experience. Not only was I consistently working on hands-on projects, but there is a "Summer intern program" led by all of the top companies with internships in the Charlottesville area, and your company pays for you all to go on fun trips and networking events, etc. On top of that, as an employee at S&P, you get to meet one-on-one with the CEO and talk to him/ask questions/etc. Very low power distance. Great company culture.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

5. "Career Growth"

Current Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lot of learning opportunity
    Good Work Culture
    Pieceful professional life
    Goal oriented evaluation
    Flexible working hours

Cons

very slow Growth; Less opportunity

6. "Good place to work, but limited upside"

Former Employee - Product Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Product Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

Benefits were good, training and employee development were helpful, but the best part was the work/life balance. I worked 40 hours and nothing more and never had to take my work home. This wasn't the case in all divisions, however.

Cons

There was a clear career path for some but not all positions. A lot of talent left for better opportunities elsewhere as a result

Advice to Management

Provide better opportunities for the most talented employees or keep loosing them

7. "Solid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Extremely good - probably can't find elsewhere for this line of work - ability to manage work and lifestyle. All that matters is you get the job done and do a great job, office face time is not a concern.

Cons

extremely corporate with little ambition for improving the actual business, from what I see. The company is in a position to truly dominate the global market data/analytics world yet politics and the inherent conflicts of the corporate form really get in the way here.

Advice to Management

people are the most valuable asset...we create financial and market info tech tools... give people a reason to want to build the best tools and you will have the best product in our space.

8. "Content Analyst"

Current Employee - Content Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Content Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Less than a year)

Pros

Cultural and friendly work environment along with the time flexibility. Career oriented goal and growth

Cons

Rotational shifts and no work from home policy so far.

"Not a bad place to work but keep your expectations in check."

Former Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work life balance. Most colleagues are friendly and the atmosphere is generally relaxed. Working from home is possible if your manager permits.

Cons

Job can get repetitive. Very little interaction with other departments within the company. Promotions are rare and bonuses leave much to be desired. Your immediate manager will determine whether you like working here.

Advice to Management

Increase bonuses for top performers

"Work-Life balance is great"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of Work Life Balance

Cons

Not a great place for the ambitious. Your experience depends highly on your manager.

Advice to Management

Focus more on people's professional development

"Changing for good, some frustrations interim"

Current Employee - Manager in India, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in India, TX

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Will be a even more stronger company once ciq and snl integration is done, which is slated to complete in 2-3 years. There were layoffs but mostly incompetent staff were affected. Decisions are being taken quickly which is great thing compared to earlier.

CTO is supportive to employees in aspects like training, good infrastructure, specifically got approvals quickly for pluralsight training, systems upgrade & lower environment stability, good change from how it used to be. Puts good effort to communicate several aspects of technology space to employees.

COO is also very hard working and makes efforts to be transparent, this will help company survive and beat competition.

Other pros that exist before snl aquisition - work life balance, pay & good projects remain same as before.

Cons

Integration decisions are made one sided favouring SNL systems - such decisions have great support from top management - this is frustrating to CIQ employees as they feel there is no honest evaluation.

From the technology perspective, ciq employees feel things that we should build are bought from market and vice versa, but we need some more time to understand this better.

SNL teams market themself heavily - certain CIQ areas are criticised without understanding details thoroughly and ciq employees having hard time since people aren't listening, they can't go aggressive also as there is fear of elimination, same time SNL teams are very aggressive since they have backing so working environment for middle managers is not so great at the moment.

Quoting certain people like CTO by employees to get certain things done with in and outside priority is frustrating and influencing culture negatively.

Advice to Management

Pay for performance is doing 10 times bad for 70% employees, than it's helping little to 30, slowly affecting we're one team atmosphere too. Please think about it at corporate level. Earlier performance appraisal of team + individual + company used to help everybody keep motivated. Not all teams would have challenges all cycles , that also used to balance spikes easily.

Please try to address CIQ teams integration concerns on biased decisions, put honest efforts.