S&P Global Market Intelligence "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 2 de Dec 2019

3.6
S&P Global Market Intelligence CEO Martina Cheung (no image)
Martina Cheung
Pros
Cons
  • "No growth, night shifts for no reason(in 56 reviews)

• "People from SNL side are harassing CIQ folks like anything(in 40 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Director"

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time

Pros

Teamwork, work/life balance, culture and work environment, the people

Cons

Too much red tape and difficult to get logical changes pushed through HR/compensation after S&P/McGraw Hill acquired SNL Financial.

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-10-10
  2. "Great company"

Current Intern - Associate

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Pros

Good work environment, good starting salary

Cons

Don't do it unless you're passionate about Finance.

S&P Global Market Intelligence2019-10-01
  3. "A good place to work"

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed work environment; Chance to get into the weeds; Has a bit of a corporate feel (a bit unusual for journalism, but good overall)

Cons

Standardized processes can be a bit stifling

S&P Global Market Intelligence2019-02-26

"Fine but limited"

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Pros

No weekends, good working environment, international team

Cons

No trust from management to employees, no voice, no say

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-12-04

"Business Analyst"

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time

Pros

Challenging work, Possibility to learn new skills, Opportunity to Growth, Fun work environment , knowledgeable Managers.

Cons

Pressure of deadlines, Work Locations, Night Shifts

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-11-15
  6. "Pros/Cons"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is great and work/life balance too.

Cons

Compensation and benefits compared to the market peers could be better.

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-09-24

"Painful Transition"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Ability to learn. There are a lot of data sets and if you are motivated, you can be put in a good position to learn. I think this applies primarily to junior staff. Cannot recommend for any other professional grades. 2. Reasonably good working conditions and work from home policies.

Cons

1. Tremendous staff turnover and painful integration. Befuddled management culture has developed as senior management are trying to reduce costs. Staff (typically middle management) across company has no trust in short or long term vision as everyone feels like they are at the company for the short term. Not healthy work environment. 2. No innovation for years after endless changes. Company focuses on platform... standardization -very difficult and disruptive. This may change, however I found that the corporate culture to be overbearing and simplistic, which I personally did not like and do not respect.

Advice to Management

Try to finish layoffs and turn the corner on expanding the business. At this point, there is no reason for any ambitious or talented person to attempt to build a long-term career at the company as there is no loyalty (due to the integration) and lack of long term vision (not sure about the Kensho acquisition.)

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-09-17
  8. "Advisor"

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Pros

great benefits, relaxed work environment

Cons

corporate ways, management is not organized

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-09-04

"S&P is no longer S&P"

Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

S&P for many, many years was a great employer with a multitude of reasons to work there. The work was engaging. The benefits were generous. And there was real quality of life at the company. Once the leadership from SNL was put in charge, all of that came crashing down.

Cons

Diminishing benefits, Verbal Abuse, Age discrimination, Out-sourcing all jobs. SNL has turned this company into the lowest level of a work environment. Employee perks disappeared quickly. It's a bring your own office supplies environment, which I find unconscionable. I was in a hiring manager presentation that told us to ask whatever we want to identify the highest performers, but make sure to shred anything... written so the Mike Chinn doesn't get sued. I also witnessed and tried to stop male employees getting grossly larger raises and bonuses than more talented female colleagues. It's a bro atmosphere on every level. In fact, if you check the states, there are very few women in real positions of influence at the company. This was acknowledged and bandied about in multiple meetings. S&P is now SNL in disguise and has adopted their well-known persona of acting like a sweat shop. You can't imagine what a fall it's been from being a quality employer to one that forces out long-term employees to hire younger cheaper ones. Their claim of pay-for-performance is code for mandated bad reviews, unwarranted performance improvement plans, and an all-around demeaning of the people that work there. It's both sad and.... criminal.

Advice to Management

I've got about nothing here. Management isn't listening. Good people are losing their careers. The products are secretly failing with the transition to all out-sourced IT teams. Nothing good.

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-05-31

"Mixed Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

good work life balance, flexible shifts

Cons

Unprofessional work environment, less employee friendly, unfair assessment criteria.

Advice to Management

Work pressure is everywhere but paying attention to the concerns and issues of the employees is the need of the hour. Quick actions should be taken to regain the trust of employees. There is too much negative competition and colleagues are mostly non helping because they have also faced the same issue when they joined.

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-06-02