SAC Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Gail L. DeBoer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not for profit! Approachable and laid back culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

I have been working at SAC Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SAC Federal Credit Union has been a great company to work for. I love that it is a credit union - so it's not for profit and our customers are the owners. The culture is very approachable. I can reach out and contact anyone from a teller to a senior vice president and get genuine and helpful person. SAC has a laid back but professional atmosphere. I know that there are lots of people here who care about me as an employee and a person. When my family had medical issues, they worked with me so I could work part time until issues were resolved. My supervisor knows me and encourages me to make decisions on my own and to grow into the professional I want to be. I'm not just an employee, I'm part of the SAC family.

Cons

Nothing major sticks out to me.

"Only sales matter"

I worked at SAC Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good way to get your foot in the door with the financial industry.

Cons

Sac is so focused on reaching one billion dollars they have lost focus of what truly matters - their members and their employees. New management program is a joke they se left people who are sheep and willing to do exactly what upper management wants - without questioning out dated rules. If you have your own brain you won't make it past a senior.

Advice to Management

Atop gossiping about your employees and start actually caring about them. I've never worked for a company where upper management gossips so openly about employees. It makes for a vcery uncomfortable work environment.

3. "Don't waste your time or effort..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at SAC Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're the CEO then you can get a free car with all expenses paid, including detailing and gas. If you get it dirty mailroom employees will get it detailed for you. If you wreck it you'll get a new one. And luckily it comes out of customers' interest payments.

Cons

-managers aren't all competent, several of them are just upper management's pets
    -less than 2% annual raises except upper management...everyone's pay is according to a posted chart on HR website EXCEPT senior management
    -almost nonexistent annual bonus accompanied with a silly, useless annual commemorative coin
    -more likely to hire externally instead of promote within
    -they have a management trainee program but even HR doesn't take it seriously. It's supposed to be the only way someone can be promoted to branch manager but recent management changes and unexpected promotions have proved otherwise...

Advice to Management

None. Won't be staying long.

4. "SAC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

I worked at SAC Federal Credit Union (More than 3 years)

Pros

High Growth Financial Institution great work environment

Cons

No Loyalty shown to high contributors

"Managers need SERIOUS training"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

I worked at SAC Federal Credit Union (More than a year)

Pros

Fitness center, great co workers

Cons

Corrupt company hierarchy full of a click of friends, managers discourage employee growth, constant employee turnover, and department restructuring

Advice to Management

Honor your company culture, don’t hire/promote managers who ignore it. ALLthe managers need SERIOUS training on how encourage their employees.

6. "Great people to work with. Management has issues."

I worked at SAC Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people doing the grunt work. Hate to see all the great people not being appreciated.

Cons

Fast track if you are in the family/friends network. For such a big credit union, the new employee training needs to be updated.

"Keep Looking"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Omaha, NE

I have been working at SAC Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior management aside, the company has great employees to work with. Health benefits are better than most.

Cons

Senior management is completely disconnected from issues and everyday life of employees. Staff is significantly under paid when considering salary competitiveness at other financial institutions. It is the only place I have ever worked in my life were exceeding expectations does not advance your career. Senior management looks for "Yes Employees," with questioning of policy and procedures frowned upon no matter how inefficient and ineffective they may be. The CEO has a mandate to grow assets over $1 Billion by 2017 and is doing so at a reckless pace. If you are debating between SAC and another financial institution pick the other employer.

Advice to Management

It would not matter. They wouldn't listen anyway.

8. "Small changes necessary"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Specialist

I have been working at SAC Federal Credit Union (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance benefits are matched 60/40 in favor of employee.

Cons

Stopped focusing on what's most important, customer service, and started focusing on numbers and sales instead.

Advice to Management

Customer service is the most important aspect. Without great customer service you have no members to serve in the larger picture.

"More interested in making money than they do about their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at SAC Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of branches to choose from

Cons

staff cut backs make it stressful to get work done

Advice to Management

Go back to what a credit union is supposed to be, a place that helps it's members instead of trying to get the bottom line to a billion dollars so that the President can retire with a huge bonus.

10. "ABSOLUTLY THE WORSE BANK I"

Pros

i got approved by SAC

Cons

Lists,cheats don't care about anybody. Will not work with you at all. Takes business personal Depending on thier mood of the day. I hate this bank

Advice to Management

Learn manners, stop lying, and cheating people.