Cover image for SAFCO

Finance

7d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I had a good manager that trusted me.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Free food, the pay is decent(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work for

Oct 1, 2022 - Credit Advisor in Pompano Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, Benefits, Monthly catered events, Community service, Internal advancement as there are many departments within the company.

Cons

schedule can be overwhelming with the constant changes; creating a different work/life balance than what I am used to.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Looking For Diversity Come Here!!!

Sep 27, 2022 - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for a company that ensures EVERYONE is valued has always been a standard for me but unfortunately not a reality when you join and see them operate. I join this company a year ago and took a position I was slightly overqualified for but took it anyway to prove my worth with hopes to be recognized and move back into management. WOW….8 months later they promoted me to Regional Sales Manager due to the success I had in my market. The coolest part about it was that I received a call from the Director of Sales to tell me the CEO will be reaching out to me. I got the call 2 hours later from the CEO George offering me the position. I am an African American and I am also my “ancestors” dreams!! Thank God there are people like George and companies like SAFCO that helps makes those dreams a reality. 🙏🏼 because I felt like I could within 8 months I was promoted to Regional Sales Manager

Cons

That it’s not more companies like SAFCO

3. Join the SAFCO team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Family Oriented

Mar 10, 2022 - Loan Communications Specialist in Pompano Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best reasons for working at SAFCO is I have joined a family . They have taught me everything I need to know to succeed in this company. There is plenty of oppurtunities of moving up here as well . If I do not know something there is always someone to assit me. I have found my Job and I will be here forever.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about SAFCO.

Vice President of Human Resouces

Thank you for your review. We're glad to know that you've found our supportive environment beneficial to your growth. Best wishes on your future success!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

This Is Home

Oct 12, 2021 - Collections Supervisor in Pompano Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am very happy to be here. Collections is not easy, but at SAFCO I was able to turn what I love to do into a career. After some years of hard work and learning, I made it to management. This is the best place I have ever worked at. Never anywhere else has the company owner known everybody, but here George does. I have also never worked at a company before that does so much for its employees.

Cons

None, really this is a great company

Vice President of Human Resouces

We're happy that you have found success in your career here. Best wishes in your future success!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to build a career in Auto Finance

Feb 12, 2021 - Senior Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people-Great resources to succeed and establish success.

Cons

None that I've experienced in my time at SAFCO

Vice President of Human Resouces

Thank you for your great review! We wish you every success in your career here.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Greatful to work at SAFCO

Jul 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where do I start? The values and culture of the company are the best I have ever encountered. They operate with integrity and provide a collaborative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace. They talk the talk AND walk the walk. Leadership truly cares; they listen and strive for continuous improvement. The CEO is inspiring!

Cons

No place is perfect, but I'd be grasping at straws to complain. I feel beyond fortunate to work for such a great company.

Vice President of Human Resouces

We're pleased that you value you your employment experience with SAFCO. As a company, we've invested significantly in creating a safe and supportive work environment for our team members, and we appreciate your praise. Thank you for all that you do to contribute to our success!

8. 5.0

WORK FOR SAFCO!!!

Jul 7, 2020 - Remarketing Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great and friendly co-workers. The work environment is always pleasant and clean. Music is played throughout the day to keep the day fun and calm. SAFCo really thinks and cares about the employees. The company has great benefits as a full time worker. Each employee is treated with respect and kindness. SAFCo is a great company to work for.

Cons

Male dominated company, but everything else is great!!

Vice President of Human Resouces

We appreciate your candid feedback, as it helps us make appropriate adjustments to our efforts. Our intention is to create a diverse, inclusive, and supportive work culture where all share in SAFCO's success. Thank you for your review!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

No issue

Oct 7, 2020 - Fund Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the company over all

Cons

None i can think of

Vice President of Human Resouces

Thank you for your positive comments on our efforts. SAFCO tries very hard to ensure a positive work environment that offers growth opportunities for our team. We wish you every success in your career here!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Jul 7, 2020 - Title Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management really cares, the owner is fantastic, overall I enjoy coming into work.

Cons

lack of available overtime :( ...also once in a position, not a lot of chances of moving up

Vice President of Human Resouces

Thank you for all that you do to contribute to our success. We invite you to speak with your supervisor or human resources to share your career aspirations. That way, we will be able to assist with whatever steps are necessary to prepare you for your next role. We look forward to your continuing service with SAFCO!

11. 5.0

Thankful I Work Here

Apr 16, 2020 - Loan Funder in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

SAFCO has taken great care of us during the crisis. They have made sure of our health and safety. I would not want to work anywhere else, and am grateful. You are treated like family.

Cons

You have to work hard.

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President of Human Resouces

We appreciate your recognition of our efforts to keep our team members safe and healthy. This includes re-configuring the office for social distancing, providing PPE, and arranging work-from-home schedules where practical. More than that, SAFCO has always encouraged our team members to live their best lives through our detailed, holistic wellness program. Thanks again for your review. Stay safe!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews
</>Embed

SAFCO Reviews FAQs

SAFCO has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 50 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at SAFCO to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SAFCO employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SAFCO. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

79% of SAFCO employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SAFCO 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SAFCO to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, work life balance, benefits.

Popular Careers with SAFCO Job Seekers