SAGE Veterinary Centers Reviews
65% would recommend to a friend
(56 total reviews)
Gina Del Vecchio
60% approve of CEO
Found 56 of over 59 reviews
Updated Nov 14, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SAGE Veterinary Centers and is not affected by filters.
- 1.0Sep 26, 2023Veterinary AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 years
The pay is ok, benefits ok. There are really great people to work with, especially night crew. Good place to learn
- poor management. Changes are never made and profit is all that matters. Obvious favoritism. - low raises. You could go above and beyond and not be acknowledged. Techs that have been working over 10 years weren’t acknowledged. - cost. The prices are ridiculous, even for specialty/er. Price increases far outweighed the wage increases. - a significant amount of experienced and long term techs left for other hospitals. Turnover rate is high. - there are people that are difficult to work with, if they’re even working. - I’ve seen a few treatments that I considered unethical. - messy. It gets busy but things still need to be cleaned. Downtime shouldn’t be gossip time, there’s always something to do
- 1.0Nov 4, 2023Emergency VeterinarianFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDublin, CA
Free cheese itz. Some times.
They will fire you the day before they are supposed to pay you your sign-on bonus via FedExing an unemployment application and cobra info to you. If you try to contact them to discuss it, they will have you served to appear in court for harassment. Extremely prejudiced, homophobic, and unscrupulous.
- 1.0Aug 25, 2023Veterinary TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsRedwood City, CA
You get a discount for your pet, some of the doctors are amazing. Building is nice
Management is a nightmare. Does not follow through on anything. They regularly and illegally don’t let you take your breaks and lunch’s, have messed up multiple paychecks for many employees and take weeks to fix it. Haven’t paid OT to many employees and have been sued for it. They are so busy at that location patient care has plummeted. Wouldn’t work here again for a million dollars.
- 3.0Sep 12, 2023Client Service RepresentativeFormer EmployeeConcord, CA
Good place to start. Avoid gossip and drama, and you will do fine.
upper management does not see eye to eye with those on the floor.
- 5.0Mar 14, 2023Registered Nurse, Emergency RoomFormer EmployeeCampbell, CA
You can trust that mostly everyone here is a good person. A great place to learn and broaden your skills.
Emergency medicine is dynamic and fast-paced, be prepared for some emotional days.
SAGE Veterinary Centers Reviews FAQs
SAGE Veterinary Centers has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 59 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at SAGE Veterinary Centers to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
65% of SAGE Veterinary Centers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SAGE Veterinary Centers 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.