SAI Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2019

2.6
SAI Global CEO Peter Granat
Peter Granat
Pros
  • "Work life balance is generally very good, people don't seem to work more than 7-8 hours a day(in 14 reviews)

• "Schedule flexibility and work from home option if appropriate(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior Management seem to change their opinions with the wind and operate a "Donald Trump" style of leadership(in 12 reviews)

• "Upper management are not up to the mark(in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The Best Company I've Ever Worked For (I Left and Came Back)"

Current Employee - Director of Product Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at SAI Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at SAI Global for 3 years, left to try something new, and came back 9 months later. The grass isn't always greener, and I didn't realize how much I enjoyed working at SAI Global until I was gone. The company is full of smart, passionate people who you will learn from and enjoy working with most of the time. The company is an industry leader that works with hundreds of Fortune 1000 companies and has had... some of those customers for 5+ and 10+ years. They offer flexible vacation and work from home policies. Overall, if you're interested in risk, compliance, ethics, and corporate culture, there is no better company to work for.

Cons

No company is perfect, but the pros outweigh the cons. None of the cons are so significant that they'll impact your job or experience working there in the long term (in my experience), but there may be some frustrating days and I think that's the truth with any job you may have. If the cons were so bad, I would not have returned.

Advice to Management

None.

SAI Global2019-09-04

Welcome back!

2. "Exciting place to work, with lots of change"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at SAI Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team members, collaboration, flexible schedule with 1-2 days work from home allowance, market leaders, great new content in Learning. Work life balance is generally very good, people don't seem to work more than 7-8 hours a day

Cons

Lots of change and more to come, old systems the company seems to be stuck with, when teams are at capacity often cause for longer work days to meet deadlines.

Advice to Management

Staff up on the growth areas, give opportunity to talent to make decisions and innovate

SAI Global2019-10-16
  3. "Poor management and employee morale"

Former Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL

I worked at SAI Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loop office location. Casual dress.

Cons

Bully culture, low pay, poor morale, operational mess held together with chewing gum and bailing wire.

Advice to Management

Remediate the above.

SAI Global2019-07-14

"Enjoyed my time there"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Director in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at SAI Global full-time

Pros

Had a great comp plan which rewarded producers.

Cons

Product needs a major revamp - it is now “old” and competition has caught up and surpassed SAI. Product Mgt has no authority and develop cannot write a line of code without a bug.

Advice to Management

Hire real product management and listen to them as well as your sales team and customers. It’s a tragedy to lose market share because you lack investment in the product. I guess you’re overextended by debt now and you’ll be making more cuts. That will only hasten diminished sales results. Also, stop the buggy coding.

SAI Global2019-04-01

September 7, 2019Recruiter

Thanks for your review. In the past 5 months we have hired a new VP of Product and added some additional resources and tools. We have also positioned the Product leadership as peers so they have a voice and they are being heard. The partnership this new structure has brought is really exciting and we are on our way to our most successful year ever. Best of luck to you!

"Worst Job Ever"

I worked at SAI Global full-time

Pros

The coffee is great especially since it’s free.

Cons

C suite is awful. Poor leadership and inability to set strategy and direction for the company.

Advice to Management

Coffee in the Waltham office is good and the only redeeming quality of the organization.

SAI Global2019-03-22
  6. "Great company, depending on changes"

I have been working at SAI Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong market presence, great reputation, great product, attentive to customers

Cons

New ownership shifting away from historical "money making" areas, lack of recent investment in historically strong verticals

SAI Global2019-02-11

September 7, 2019Recruiter

Thanks for your message. In the last 12 months are acquisitions have kept us as a leader in the IRM software space. Recent Gartner Magic Quadrant ratings agree - we are proud of our progress and wish you all the best.

"A great company to work for, depending on your personal goals and what you’re looking for"

Former Employee - Marketing in Watertown, MA

I worked at SAI Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Take 5 star reviews and 1 star reviews with a grain of salt. The truth is somewhere in the middle, and as a former employee of three years who left on my own terms, I will attempt to tell you the truth. SAI Global is a medium sized global software and technology company at the forefront of a growing risk, ethics, and compliance business landscape. If you work there, you will learn a ton, be exposed to different... challenges and responsibilities, have the benefit of working with some very intelligent and passionate people, and never be bored. Some of the largest companies in the world do business with them, and some of the most experienced and skilled people in the industry choose to work there. Your experience and satisfaction may vary from department to department. SAI Global is constantly changing, for better or worse depending on who you ask. Those changes create opportunities and challenges, but honestly, aren’t much different from any other company you can work for. The catalyst for those changes are an evolving market place and aggressive growth expectations from private equity ownership. Change is inevitable, so if you are not comfortable adapting to change, going with the flow, and would prefer a slow, stable, mail-it-in kind of job environment, I would not recommend SAI Global. It is not a 9-5 job, but it is also a job where the answer to your question will more often be “yes” than “no.” If you want to leave a company smarter, more skilled, more savvy, and more valuable to your industry and profession than you were before you joined, I assure you that working at SAI Global will give you every opportunity to develop those skills and accelerate your career.

Cons

If you work at SAI Global, you need to have two contrasting skills: patience and urgency Some things move too fast, and some move too slow. Some move in your favor and some do not. In order to succeed, you’ll have to be patient, and also be able to move with unexpected urgency, with or without reason. The pressures and levers that require patience and generate urgency will often be beyond your control. If you... accept that and do your best knowing the ebb and flow of those circumstances, you’ll be happy.

Advice to Management

Align your priorities and unify them across all teams and regions.

SAI Global2019-01-16

February 1, 2019Chief Marketing Officer

This review I felt warranted a direct open response so I asked for admin rights to post. I felt this was the most authentic and honest review from an employee I believe took the time to share a very open and thoughtful view of this business. The reality is in the middle as this is a company going through significant change. As part of the leadership team I recognize some of the anxiety this can cause but I firmly believe we have a clear vision and positive direction. As this post from a marketing employee states this journey is not an easy one and not for all but for those who want a real challenge and career growth this is an exciting opportunity. As CMO I welcome this review and the reflections from a former employee.

8. "Great turnaround story"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I have been working at SAI Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

The SAI Learning business has been growing. After a few years with executive turnover, the current leadership team has done a phenomenal job driving improvements and people are energized about the future. Great people, and great expectations for continued growth.

Cons

There is change as the company is moving forward. You have to be willing to embrace it. But most people have fully bought in.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on driving improvements, follow through on the current path. Continue to provide transparency with the monthly Town Halls.

SAI Global2019-01-28

"A company that promotes ethical behavior but has no ethics..."

I worked at SAI Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Many of the people here who are not in management are quite kind. - They give you a chair to sit in while doing work - You may use the restroom when needed - If the overlords do not finish consuming all of their provisions in their meeting rooms, they feed us dry food scraps of stale sandwiches and warm deli meats like eager seagulls - Never have to worry about remembering how to calculate percentages when... trying to figure out what your bonus will be. There are no bonuses! Problem solved for you! - Not having to consider the feelings of any other sentient lifeforms in the organization. Just follow the example of the current leadership and you’ll never have to waste your time with empathy or compassion

Cons

Before attempts are made to discredit my review by posting glowing reviews, please take notice that negative reviews are coming in from across the globe and from all departments. I am not some “disgruntled employee” with an ax to grind, but rather part of the global workforce who feels this company is simply unacceptable for current and any prospective employees. It’s not just me, it’s not just my office, it’s not... just my division, it’s the entire organization, and everybody is headed for the door. -Once the company was bought, the focus became fattening up the company for a sale. This means essential people are let go on a whim, roles are re-assigned, and the implicit message is “do more and don’t you dare dissent” -Low pay well below industry standard -No room for career advancement, no recognition of individual achievements (outside of the lavish praise heaped upon sales on a daily basis), and minimal transferable skills learned to improve your overall career -Executive bullies who prattle on about how culture matters while ironically not understanding the plague of low morale they have created which now festers in every department -People are unceremoniously fired and direct reports are not notified nor reassigned a new manager for days. You can tell who leadership had a distaste for by the fact that some terminated employees receive a company wide email acknowledging their contributions, while others do not receive any acknowledgement that they ever worked here and are never mentioned again. We’ll often hear second hand that employees and managers were let go instead finding out via formal notification. -Public displays of anger and hostility, rudeness, lying, and getting thrown under the bus are so common and often come from those in managerial positions. Simply abhorrent leadership and morality exhibited by leaders. -Having to endure the embarrassment of pretending to be in the ethics and compliance space when you work at an extremely unethical company. For all of the public bloviating on LinkedIn, conferences, and blogs about “creating an ethical culture”, this company often fails to maintain even a modicum of decency and professional courtesy with its own environment -Watching senior employees poach ideas and concepts from junior employees and take credit for it Infrastructure, technology, products, and processes are outdated and faulty so you spend most of your day putting out fires (until your laptop stops working or the network goes down) -If you need proof of this moral turpitude, look at some of the "positive reviews" posted here conveniently after negative ones are posted. Such feeble attempts at damage control are laughable and I’ve posted some examples below of this deceptive twaddle from actual reviews. Enjoy! Cons: “Not for the faint of heart. As a global company with operations in just about every major country the normal 8-5 workday does not exist.” Translation: The people who are being negative here have a faint heart and think they are entitled to not have to work more than 8-5 (lazy). But you (prospective employee) are tough and hard working right?!?! Cons: “are outweighed by the pros.” Translation: Nothing to see here! Move along Cons: “None that I can think of.” Translation: I can think long and hard enough to write a permanent and public review, but somehow can’t think of a single con… Cons: ”The executives work around the clock, but I guess that is what they signed up for when working at a global co” Translation: Your managers are so hard working to fight for you. So really it’s not actually a con. I guess there are none but I had to fill in the mandatory box in the site Cons: (From a review titled HR) “Nothing , All is well and keep going” Translation: We don’t speak ill of the masters Cons: “None at this time, well managed.” Translation: I really hope somebody in management sees my compliment and I get a raise for doing this Cons: “Moves a little slow for me but they are usually on the right path” Translation: I am so productive that I wish they would go even faster, but they are still great LOL! ;P Cons: “None, I really don't have any to say !!” Translation: If we keep posting the same thing, nobody will notice and our overall ratings will go up Advice to management: (posted on 7/15/2016) “Keep up the good work!” Translation: We love our dear leaders Advice to management: (posted on 5/24/2016) “Keep up the good work!” Translation: Are you convinced yet? Advice to management: (posted on 1/29/2016) “Keep up the good work!” Translation: Trust me, our leaders rock despite everything you’ve read by these seemingly identical copy/pasted reviews Advice to management: “Keep doing what you are doing. Thank you!” Translation: “Thank you sir may I have another!”

Advice to Management

Quit. If you don’t actually like people, then don’t manage them. Don’t continue to think that talent is easily replaced and that your employees are privileged to serve at your behest. Fix your toxic culture by having open dialogue about how people are unhappy and what can be done to better the situation. Stop playing favorites and allowing people to publicly speak ill of other employees with no consequence. If you... take away the things that once made this company bearable, you continue to suffer a mass exodus. Take notice at reviews on sites like this and show a shred of concern and humility or Baring will probably fire you next.

SAI Global2018-12-20

"I like the people, don't like the process"

Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at SAI Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The community is great. The office is nice. Pretty flexible on how you work as long as it gets done. Working with folks is very fun.

Cons

Training is not equal on across all departments. New hires in management positions really suffer, as there lacks enough senior management that takes the time to train their team, the other teams suffer for this, as mistakes trickle down the line.

Advice to Management

Make sure your team is properly trained. Management positions are super important for those that depend on them, and their mistakes makes work miserable.

SAI Global2018-12-01