SAI Systems International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 18, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dr. Ramesh Wadhwani

"Perfect for work passionate people."

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SAI Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perfect for the people who are dedicated to their work and passionate about their profession.
    Friendly and positive environment.
    Paycheck well within time.
    Management's open door policy.

Cons

Don't work here if you don't love your profession.

Advice to Management

Love the way you interact with employee. I am really feeling fortunate that I am working under such genius minds.

"Horrible work environment.....like kindagarten!!!!!"

Former Employee - Clerical in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Clerical in Shelton, CT

I worked at SAI Systems International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None none none none none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

Was told out of the blue I was being laid off cause of "lack of work". When I got home my paperwork said "dismissal/suspension". I called and questioned it....and was told if "lack of work" was used that their account would be charged differently. They didn't think how this would effect my future........they didn't care. When I was being interviewed I was told that there would be days that I would have completely nothing to do......that was right....cause it wasn't days it was weeks and months. Was the most boring job I've ever had in my life. Cruel.....heartless management. This is an Indian owned company. If your not Indian.....your really nothing and you were looked at like you were garbage.

Advice to Management

I know if any employees tried to speak up and give advice they were told to be quiet and not cause a fuss. It was their way or the highway. The department of labor heard my grievances and totally agreed what was pulled on me was wrong. If you don't mind being treated like a pre-schooler.....go to work for this place. It's a total ZERO......if you really want a career with this place.

"Horrible place to work -"

Pros

No pros. Bad Management - No Business- A lot of deception and lies - Career set back-
    Staff members try to do their job and are good resources in general.

Cons

Don't believe anything during the interview.They lie to you and all their clients. They have no client base and no signed MSA with any account. They are looking for new resources hoping to fix the issues they have and they are not willing to change the way they do business. Not willing pay money and invest in any needed tools and expect their business to boom. No matter how senior you are they will always override any decision you make internally and with clients. They don't share any information and expect you to guess what is going on to solve their problems internally and with clients. You will be the scapegoat to anything that goes wrong on any level and you will never be appreciated. They have trust issues and believe that all their resources and staff will never o their jobs unless they micro manage. They tell you over and over again that they do not micro manage but want to know what you are doing every second of the day ( how ironic)

Advice to Management

Listen to new ideas - Spend money on the right tools- Stop lying to your staff and clients, they all see through it- Share information and trust that your staff will do the right thing- Don't be afraid to appreciate your staff and help them excel in their job, they will NOT take your place.

"Enjoyed Employment at SAI"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Shelton, CT

I worked at SAI Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While my experience was short, as I as on a specifc project, my experience was great with SAI Systems and its managers. Professional and timely response and always received by paycheck on time!

Cons

I had a great experience so can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

My contacts within SAI were with their HR manager, Sales manager and recruiting team - and they were nothing but professional and always resonded quickly to any questions; the consulting rate was very competitive and the work challenging. I do find it humorous that other comments said they make you were multiple hats and should hire more help - I'm sure that person is still unemployed as today you better be able to wear lots of hats in order to make a living anywhere!

"Biggest mistake in my career"

I have been working at SAI Systems International full-time

Pros

The employees are supportive of each other and assist each other in completing the large amounts of work

Cons

Micromanaged and disorganized; refusal to listen to employees who are performing the work in regards to additional staff,equipment, or resolutions; expands offshore- refuses to expand onshore operations to support growth; expectation to work during scheduled leave;clear favoritism towards people from India; grows without adding employees then expects current employees to work excessive overtime (without pay); dishonest to customers; unethical culture;frequent payroll delays and errors; excessive interview process; false job descriptions; no training or professional growth; no possibility for promotions within unless you are from India

Advice to Management

See the value in listening to those performing the work. Do not expect more than 40 hours per week and do not give more work than that. Support professional growth with onshore. Hire more people, we can only do so many jobs at once.

"Still Recovering from this Horrible Mistake in my Career"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Shelton, CT

I worked at SAI Systems International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. They mislead you during the interview just like the Nazis pretended gas chambers were bath rooms. I've never been so uncomfortable. If it wasn't for the lack of heat and wearing winter coats in the old building, it was the weird massages from the CEO and his wife watching you every time you got up.

Cons

Each day was pointless. There was no real client base and any work I did seemed unethical. I felt the need to "save" the client I had. It was certainly not an even distribution of power and I was fired for "lack of work". Basically, they lure you into a full time job with a big price tag, knowing it's a temporary stint if you're American. The offshore Indian folk work like slaves.

Advice to Management

There are never any clear objectives so there is no need to reward employees to make them successful.

"Worst work atmosphere"

I worked at SAI Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to mention for this company but as this section is mandatory I am trying to fill it with words

Cons

Poor management,abusive managers,extreme micromanaging,bad work culture, stessful atmosphere , absolutely not recommended for employment here,shady company ethics

Advice to Management

Please be nice to people and they will be nice to you

"Micromanagers-"

I worked at SAI Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The cultural diversity was a great experience. The concept was good in theory but . . . Alot of the folks there want to do a great job.

Cons

The owners micromanage. Can't breath there without someone reporting someone or something. The US folks are not treated the same as the offshore folks. Mis- management of resources contributes to the issues there. Benefits are not good. In addition everyone is treated as though they were in high school. While everyone can work from home no one is allowed to as the upper management does not trust them to do so.

Advice to Management

The work-life balance is non existent. Hard workers want to be rewarded there are no bonus' no raises, only criticism and fault finding. Never complimented on a job well done.

"Typical Indian company with no values or ethics"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at SAI Systems International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bossism, and absolutely autocratic and no work life balance.

Cons

Very bad work culture and harass employee, and you will never know when you get fired. The employer is another Shylock as in one of Shakespeare's play.

Advice to Management

They are very adamant for any piece of advise

"Work in SAI systems international"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at SAI Systems International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is not at all a good place to work. The employees are very much restricted and no freedom of speech. you will be fired if you keep the facts before them.

Cons

You never know when you will be fired from your job. It could be any time if the VP or Director feels that you are no longer needed, simply will tell you in the last minute. The company does not have any client base and yet project they have a lot of clients and lure the potential candidates to accept job offers and after few months will fire you without any mercy.

Advice to Management

Very inhumane and typical Indian company with no values.