SAIC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,778 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • From upper management to local management S (in 51 reviews)

• Poor Benefits, Poor Senior Management, Unnecessary deadlines, Team sizes shrinking as workload increases (in 36 reviews)

"need a clue locally"

I have been working at SAIC full-time

Pros

descent benefits and HR support from corporate

Cons

local management is horrible no clue on proper mission critical management

2. ".NET Architect"

I worked at SAIC full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. They have good benefits and take care of their employees. I went back to this company many times on different contracts.

Cons

There should be more options to telework.

Advice to Management

Provide some telework options.

3. "BILLING ANALYST II"

Pros

I don't have any pros to add

Cons

Extreme favoritism, discriminatory, low morale.

4. "Large Decentralized Organization"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highly competent corporate management with desire to meet customer needs. Size of company allows for upward mobility and geographic relocation if desired. Competitive salaries and good benefits. HR department and PMO is strong.

Cons

Decentralized management means local team is somewhat isolated and aggressive bidding has created under resourced requirements. Team members can be overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Corporate reach out to lower level managers to provide support and a sense of community. Especially customer site based teams that can get isolated and lose company connection.

5. "Very Supportive Company"

Former Employee - Engineering Analyst in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supported my educational endeavors even though they did not match the work I was performing. Took the time to mentor me and put me in customer facing roles.

Cons

The vast majority of the work I performed was classified so very little could be done remotely and much of it was done in a lab without windows.

Advice to Management

They had a very good management structure so I do not know of any advice I could give. The only issue I found was that it was difficult to transition to different positions within the company.

"Curriculum Developer"

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding on-boarding process; Opportunities for career advancement; Veteran-friendly company.

Cons

Limited re-mote working/telecommuting positions/opportunities. Many career opportunities highly dependent upon government (DoD) contract funding.

"Not good experience."

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at SAIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was average or maybe slightly above, not much else. Poor management, lack of a close office with talent to help learn

Cons

Where to start, left a position to take their offer, only to find that after interviewing and being placed for a short term 'they were looking for someone with more experience' then tried to deny my unemployment claim after layoff and I had to jump through hoops to win my case.

Advice to Management

Understand job descriptions and make sure you have the right person for the position it's not fun to leave full time employment to be let go short time later.

"Out of touch"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can be a great learning opportunity and allows to network with good people..

Cons

Management is way out of touch. Worked 2 different contracts with the company. Workload is completely unrealistic to what you are doing. If you are promoted do not expect to get a raise even if it's to a much higher paying position. You will get a meager one and every reason in the book will be found to not provide the increase. Remember this is a contracting company, they do everything to protect the money they are making off of you.

Advice to Management

Wake up and realize that people are not numbers. Take a look at the management you have in place on contracts and review how they communicate, or lack thereof, with their employees. Also, contract management needs to stand up to the customer is there is any delays or holdbacks that cannot be avoided instead of disappearing when it's time to talk to the customer about them.

"Supervisors have no accountability to employees"

Current Employee - Policy Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Policy Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You won't be unemployed.

Cons

- There is NO 360 review for management. You will have no opportunity to provide feedback about your supervisor or Project Manager.
    - Because there is no opportunity to provide feedback on supervisors, SAIC rewards and promotes people who know how to play company politics and who look good on paper; there is no consideration of feedback from employees he/she manages.
    - Extremely low to NO effort to retain younger talent.
    - Based on conversations with colleagues, salary for females in similar positions as men can be as much as $15K lower.
    - Management does not care about you. It's a big company.
    - This is is not a company that believes in "investing in its employees." Again, it's a big company- they can replace you with someone cheaper in a week.
    - Merit "increases" run at about 1.5% a year, if you perform very well.

Advice to Management

#1: IMPLEMENT 360 REVIEWS. Performance reviews should be a two way street.
    #2. Make an effort to retain your young talent- support their professional development goals and encourage participation in professional training. Invest in them and they will be loyal to you.
    #3. Encourage (anonymous) feedback from female employees specifically about their views on professional development opportunities, salary, and if they feel they have the right tools to succeed in their role (supervisory or otherwise). And actually take steps to address concerns in feedback.

10. "Great organization"

I have been working at SAIC full-time

Pros

Everyone at SAIC is very professional and respectful. Many opportunities to learn and for growth. Great organization overall.

Cons

Budgets in corporate are very lean. There is a lot to accomplish and high expectations with few resources.

Showing 1,778 of 1,894 reviews