SAIC Employee Reviews about "health insurance"

Updated Nov 7, 2021

Found 50 of over 3,500 reviews

4.1
SAIC CEO Nazzic Keene
Nazzic Keene

What people are saying about SAIC

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The company also provides good benefits and the HR department is great to work with..(in 299 reviews)
  • "I've been with the company a long time and I have worked with some great people over the years.(in 197 reviews)
  • "Good pay and a steady job(in 177 reviews)
  • "Fair and competitive salaries.(in 111 reviews)
  • "Good work/life balance (I'm sure this also depends on the project you're on)(in 71 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SAIC and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "health insurance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Nov 7, 2021 - Software Test Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership cares about their employees

Cons

Health Insurance premiums could be much better

SAIC Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We offer a diverse range of comprehensive benefits to meet your needs, as well as promote health and wellness.

2. 2.0

Bad Pay and Management

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Very diverse group -Abundance of contacts within the company -SAIC IT team is great -Large Organization with many contracts -ther is nothing else great about this company, it's defiantly the worse contract company I've ever worked for in my 20 years of working contracts.

Cons

-PTO earning is horrible compared to most other companies -Pay could be better compared to competitors -Never any employee reviews or performance reviews -Make sure you get everything in writing when hired, I was lied to about my PTO and how much I would earn when hired only to find out later it was much less and nothing I can do about it. I didn't print and save my contract I signed digitally and they no longer give me access to it so there is no way to prove what I was promised. -PM high turn over so you constantly have a new boss that are always playing catchup. -PM's have no idea what's going on in contract (because of high turnover) -You are just a cog in the big machine and you will never be noticed or complimented -No employee appreciation -Health insurance isn't the greatest -They don't care about their base level employees -My contract has been 10 people short for over a year, they don't replace people when they leave so the people who remain get stuck doing 5 other peoples jobs. -Bad environment for mental health -Getting money for training is near impossible

SAIC Response

We are sorry to hear about your experience and want to make it better. We take all reports seriously, investigate objectively, and take appropriate corrective action when warranted. To further discuss, please contact the reporting helpline at 800-760-4332 or contact saic.ethix360.com.

3. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great Company

Sep 2, 2021 - Mechanical Engineering in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have enjoyed my time at SAIC. My coworkers are fantastic and the company has treated me well.

Cons

No health insurance if you are an intern

4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Decent pay, meh benefits

Jan 14, 2021 - Senior Systems Administrator in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Since it is a contracting world, any "pros" I would give wouldn't really be relevant to anyone looking at a job with SAIC.

Cons

The benefits aren't that great. Health insurance costs a stupid amount of money if you want it to actually cover healthcare costs. Im currently paying $300 a month for 75% coverage after my family meets the $4000 deductible. To get the PPO that would actually pay for services before meeting the deductible, it was going to cost close to $1000 a month for a family. The PTO is also determined by the contract you are on. The first contract I was on gave me 12 days a year (sick and vacation time). It took two years to get up to 13 days. After I changed contracts within SAIC, it changed to 18 days a year, which is better but still not great. I have twice now had to look at new jobs because of contracts being cancelled. Some would just say that is the contracting world, but it still sucks for the non-C level employees who actually have bills to pay and can't afford to go without a paycheck.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Family

Nov 4, 2021 - Subcontracts analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Felt like a family unit

Cons

Health insurance was costly with no good benefits

SAIC Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! As a former employee, you can join the SAIC Alumni and Friends group on LinkedIn: https://jobs.saic.com/?bid=10634

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Large company from for opportunities

Jun 28, 2021 - Junior Field Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Abundance of contacts within the company.

Cons

Health insurance isn't the greatest.

SAIC Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We have increased our investments in our employee fringe benefits to offer more flexibility and comprehensive leave programs. These changes are based on the priorities that are important to our employees and their families.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good company

Jun 9, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Still cares about employees despite its large size -Competitive salaries

Cons

Health insurance is not the best

SAIC Response

Thanks for your review! As a former employee, you can join the SAIC Alumni and Friends group on LinkedIn: https://jobs.saic.com/?bid=10634

8. 3.0

Typical contractor

Jan 11, 2021 - Software Test Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are very comfortable at a base salary with minimum raises then this is the company for you. The only true pro is the ability to have flexible hours.

Cons

Zero employee appreciation, typical government contractor, no bonuses, lousy health insurance

Digital Employment Marketer

Thank you for your honest review. For the past few months, our leadership team has developed new enterprise wide values with intentions of acknowledging employees who reinforce those values. We hope you see greater appreciation across the company in 2021. If you would like to further discuss, please contact us at SAICCommunications@saic.com.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Pay, Questionable Benefits

Jan 5, 2021 - Software Test Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, good at obtaining contracts, good opportunities to work with all sorts of people in many industries

Cons

Benefits leave room to be desired, specifically the health insurance.

Employment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have increased our investments in our employee fringe benefits to offer more flexibility and comprehensive leave programs. These changes are based on the priorities that are important to our employees and their families.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Once was great, now not so great

Dec 5, 2019 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Competitive salaries Interesting work

Cons

They do not care for their employees; since the IPO in 2006, they have continually stripped us of our overall benefits. The health insurance is lousy coverage with high deductibles, so you are paying more and seeing less in your pocket even though the salaries are good. The 401K match has decreased from 6% to 4.5%. They have stripped senior employees (10+ years) of leave benefits to make things more equal among the newly acquired Engility employees. Starting in 2019, senior employees have had 4 days of vacation taken away, so you can only ever max out at 4 weeks of vacation per year. Overhead events, like holiday parties and summer picnics, now take place during the workweek (or not at all) during working hours. Training and certifications, once something that SAIC invested in, is something they no longer invest in. Hostile work environments are pretty commonplace and includes such things sexual harassment, career sabotage, and retaliation. Definitely a "good old boys club" in management; if you go to HR, you won't be outright fired but it'll get worse until you quit your job.

5 people found this review helpful