KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SAIC

Engaged Employer

SAIC

Add a Review

SAIC Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Found 152 of over 4K reviews

4.1
SAIC CEO Nazzic Keene
Nazzic Keene

What people are saying about SAIC

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The company also provides good benefits and the HR department is great to work with..(in 333 reviews)
  • "I've been with the company a long time and I have worked with some great people over the years.(in 192 reviews)
  • "Good pay and centrally located in PA(in 182 reviews)
  • "Good salary and raises initially.(in 115 reviews)
  • "Good work/life balance (I'm sure this also depends on the project you're on)(in 72 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SAIC and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Tester

Oct 25, 2021 - Software Tester
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, less pressure

Cons

Less pay, no bonus , no stocks

SAIC Response

Thank you for the 5 star review! We offer a diverse range of comprehensive benefits to meet your needs, as well as promote health and wellness.

2. 5.0

Great Place

Oct 19, 2021 - Digital Network Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great pay -flexible hours -great work environment

Cons

I dont have any cons

SAIC Response

We appreciate your kind review!

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company for defense contractors

Oct 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlike many defense contracting companies that are focused on hiring warm bodies to fill contract positions... in my 10+ years at SAIC, I found it to be a company that actually cares for its customers and employees. For contractors working full-time at a customer site, SAIC provides excellent back-end support and training opportunities, and you actually feel like you're part of the company. You have the tools, resources, & reach-back needed to deliver excellence to your customers; and because "headquarters" understands & appreciates DOD very well, they understand & can be supportive of your daily working environment.

Cons

I found that advancement was somewhat predicated on participation in business-development activities.

SAIC Response

Thank you for your honest review! As a former employee, you can join the SAIC Alumni and Friends group on LinkedIn: https://jobs.saic.com/?bid=10634.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 21, 2021 - Senior Training Analyst in Norfolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefit. Great Working Environment and Pay. Work/Life flexibility. I enjoyed my time there. I did not leave a bad job. I left a great job for a better job.

Cons

If you are an offsite employee working for the military, when the military takes day off for extended holidays you either have to burn vacation days or build up comp time to accommodate. This is difficult for new employees who have yet the earn time and could lead to working extended hours. Also comp time only goes through the pay period.

SAIC Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! As a former employee, you can join the SAIC Alumni and Friends group on LinkedIn: https://jobs.saic.com/?bid=10634

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

My Tenure at SAIC

Aug 9, 2021 - Systems Safety Engineer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security Friendly and uplifting work environment Supportive management Big company

Cons

Low pay Little room for promotion Heavy workload Forced to work from home for over a year

Continue reading

SAIC Response

We are sorry to hear about this feedback. If you would personally like to discuss promotions and growth, there are various resources on ISSAIC to track progress towards goals and objectives, discuss development needs, and recognize achievements. If you would like to continue this conversation, please contact us at SAICCommunications@saic.com.

6. 5.0

A home away from home.

Jul 20, 2021 - Cybersecurity Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

-SAIC has some of the most understanding and welcoming management I have ever worked for -The pay, benefits, and work environment all contribute to the overall greatness of this Company

Cons

I have been here one year today, and I honestly can say I have no cons to list.

Continue reading

SAIC Response

We love seeing such great reviews like this! Have you thought about referring a friend to SAIC? Text ‘Refer’ to 71829 to get started.

7. 3.0

Good Benefits

Jul 21, 2021 - CAD Drafter in Bedford, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are pretty good compared to where I have worked before. The work environment is pretty great and everyone is friendly.

Cons

Not sure what would keep someone here other than the pay and benefits. There really is no incentive to stay.

SAIC Response

We appreciate your feedback about our work environment, employees and benefits! Have you explored the benefits page on our internal ISSAIC site? You can review, manage and explore more benefits and incentives of working with us.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good company

Jun 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salaries and a good work environment.

Cons

Can’t really think of any.