SAP Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 14, 2017

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Cons

"Don't be fooled by the positive reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty decent benefits package.
    Office environment.
    Mostly friendly employees.

Cons

Some really bad managers, especially those from acquired companies by SAP like Sybase. Not sure if they were under pressure or what, but since SAP acquired Sybase, some managers had a completely different attitude toward employees. They would micro-manage people, watch how your sit in meetings, take note of every little thing that they never used to do. In other words, they have essentially become some annoying smart@ss managers.
    The company would also layoff employees quietly, sometimes the whole group completely, and for a big company like SAP, their severance package sucks.

Advice to Management

Get real, SAP is not the only employer in town.

2. "Sr software engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at SAP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good facilities!, lunch on campus is provided.

Cons

The management is terrible and the HR is spineless, there was ongoing abuse by the manager, which was reported by the entire team, I worked in the team Strategic Development Projects... this is the worst team one can be involved in... Salaries are slightly below average for bay area.

Advice to Management

Please change person in charge of this team... there is nothing +ve that can ever come from this team as long as the current management exists. Also even the senior management never took the time to find out the issue. Importantly the manager was extremely incompetent, she had no idea of anything technical, she's there only from family connections.

3. "Loved it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I have been working at SAP (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work balance, fun team

Cons

There are no cons everything is good

Advice to Management

Please give me more fun time

Dec 12, 2016 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

We are happy to hear that you are loving your time at SAP.

"Prinicipal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is good company for beginers or want to work with out career

Cons

This company is not a good company. They removed all bonus based on employee utilization to Company based for consultants. There is no career advancement after Prinicapal. Lot of consultants are not promoted for long time . Managers are moved to senior directors and VP level and technical and functional consultants are stuck at the same level for long time. Managers always try to look for reason of not promote a employee than promote the employee to next level.

Advice to Management

Management does not listen consultants views for past few years and they are taking their decision and trying to enforce it on consultants . Guys with core skills set in SAP are like left behind who have great process ,Project management, technical expertize. Management is always try to bring people from Global deliver center to US than helping US Consultants in there career development and move across different roles

Nov 25, 2016 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

We’re so sorry to hear about your frustration with the Company. We strongly recommend you reach out to HR Direct to have a personal conversation about your issue. The team is available to help.

"Broken Back-End"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you get top accounts it can be exciting because of SAP's reach

Cons

It's hard to start running when you get shot in both feet. Good luck getting anything done internally (including quotes!!).

Advice to Management

Figure out your back end CRM and Sales support, Millenials will not put up with it. No one wants to acknowledge what is broken, and leadership is constantly playing CYA for themselves.

Sep 27, 2016 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

We are sorry that your experience at SAP has more cons than pros. That said, we are thankful that you took the time to share your opinion here so we and others who work on this can reflect on it and ... More

"Join SAP and start your retirement today"

Current Employee - Vice President in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

There are a handful of Palo Alto executives who are world class leaders. smart people that understand technology, business, and enterprise software. They also get Silicon Valley and understand which methodologies and innovations can and should be adapted and adopted into a huge, global, company. That same handful strive to make SAP a great place to work while striving to make SAP SV (Silicon Valley) relevant.

Cons

The fact that a few seasoned leaders must re-assure a huge population of incredibly talented individuals that Silicon Valley is "relevant" and "important" to SAP, offers insight to the nature of the company.

Advice to Management

get the culture under control. start with yourselves. A little humility goes a long way. Stop building fiefdoms, and growing your board areas, and start focusing on delivering value. The company is top down, so start with yourselves. serve your internal and external customers not your own board areas. Wake up, engage, stop the vanity metrics, and roll up your sleeves and make a difference by adding value and serving beyond your board area.

"Sybase buisness"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gym and classes, subsidized food, Big company benefits. Possibility to grow if you are transferring from Germany.

Cons

Low performance requirements. Even though there is training available, not a lot of people actually have the time to use it. Most people bogged down with bug fixing and test management listening to the HANA, HANA, HANA propaganda rather than exploring and implementing computer science papers. There is not a lot of visible growth opportunities for the young people that come into former Sybase. Indeed most of the people are here for decades doing the same or almost the same thing.

Advice to Management

Give more time to develop new features and hacking the products, which eventually will lead to the desired by the management innovation. Reserve time for training programs for each development employee. Really eliminate the QA position and not only on words and paper and make former QA program. People do need to be technically competitive on the job market. Pay more attention to what the young people want from their careers.

"SAP - Dublin, CA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are a lot of very talented people that work in the Dublin, CA office. Pay is good and there is opportunity to learn different skills... HANA, Business Warehouse and front end tools in my case.

Cons

I was with Sybase prior to the SAP acquisition. This was the Sybase Corporate office and we were "the center of the universe" as far as the company was concerned. SAP is headquartered in Germany so we are now on the very edge of the universe as far as the company is concerned and it was very difficult to get put on any meaningful projects. The company is also going through a major change in that they're moving more to the cloud which means less IT staff is needed. The combination of these two scenarios caused our entire 8 man team to be terminated after 14 or 15 ears of working at Sybase/SAP.

Advice to Management

When SAP acquired Sybase we were told by upper SAP management that they did not acquire companies and terminate many employees like Oracle does. They did it any way. Advice... get all of your skilled resources involved in meaningful work ASAP after acquisitions.

9. "Opp to make money but brutal"

Former Employee - Client Facing in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Client Facing in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and compensation , home office is allowed, good marketing

Cons

Politics, extreme pressure, clickish, huge, huge turnover, peters principle, bad surprises to employees

Advice to Management

Quit forecasting false numbers with the street

"Director of sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, training. Free lunch with healthy food. The quotas are completely out of touch with reality of the pipeline. People take credit for deals they they didn't have anything to do anything with.

Cons

Internal systems are really slow and cumbersome. There are a lot of people who seem to do nothing and still work there forever. Very sexist culture. If you are a woman, be prepared to be treated like a second class citizen

Advice to Management

Take a careful look at HR. Women are not taken seriously. I tried to fire a man who harassed one of my female sales reps but no one took me seriously because I was a new manager, even though I have 15 years of experience.

Sep 9, 2015 – Social Recruiting Community

We really appreciate your feedback. It will help as we take strides every day to make this company comfortable for all employees, from diverse backgrounds and cultures.

Showing 266 of 5,332 reviews