SAP Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0

2,125 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Large and slow but overall great to work for"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary, good benefits, good people (mostly), interesting work. Nice people first culture

Cons

Large matrixed org means slow decision making. Very bloated company with thousands of useless jobs and people who slow things down or do poor work. Too many products, many which overlap and don't add incremental value. Complicated products. Old school stodgy reputation

Advice to Management

Cut the fat. Get rid of at least 20% of people who don't add value. Close down 25% of products and focus on nailing fewer products

2. "Senior Lead Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am a Senior Lead Software Engineer for the EIM team for the Server component of SAP Data Service and SAP Information Steward products. I have the opportunity to train and mentor junior engineers to help increase their skill set.

SAP also has some of the best benefit packages I have seen, sure we could always ask for more but those would be trivial items and not really needed.

Cons

Training and mentoring have always been mentioned for growth, but most the time it is a learn as you go. This makes you a follower, as you end up 'following the others' and makes it more difficult to be a true leader.

Advice to Management

First thank you for the opportunity to work for a great company, I truly do enjoy working at SAP!

If I had to provide a request for improvement, get the mentoring program more open and available. I love the fact SAP has spent so much with mentoring women and growing their skills, but there are still men who are capable and would like to see a diverse mentoring program that can really elevate the company to the next level!

Jul 14, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Wow, thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We love your enthusiasm still after working with us for 8 years. Congrats to you! The benefits we offer our employees do make us proud, but... More

3. "CSM"

Current Employee - CSM in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - CSM in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees to work around

Cons

Turnover was unexpected and disappointing but understood the business aspect

4. "Excellent company"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, opportunities, career development, amazing CEO, remote work

Cons

Too complex for employees to navigate in regards to who to contact for what. Complex SAP software

Advice to Management

One point contact for all customers and then let it be sorted out internally

5. "Rollercoaster"

Current Employee - Senior Project Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to new technology and extremely bright and innovative thinkers. Work is challenging and forces you to be your best

Cons

There's a culture of achievement and delivery that can be hard to manage at times. Difficult to enjoy your work life

Jun 27, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Thank you for the review! We understand work can be demanding, but we want our employees to enjoy what they do. Please feel free to discuss with your manager and take time off to recharge - use your... More

6. "Great company with amazing benefits"

Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work options, unlimited sick leave, catered healthy lunches, great benefits overall, stock options

Cons

Less impact, less creative freedom, lots of politics

Jun 27, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

We appreciate your review and are glad you are enjoying your time with SAP. Please know that we are working to minimize politics and we trust our employees to make work a good atmosphere for others.

7. "Good company with aggressive strategic initiatives!"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has a strategic mindset to plan products for the future!

Cons

Without actual networking and connections it hard to really plan your career growth/expansion

8. "Sales Support"

Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Empowered with the tools to get my job down and the latitude to go do it my way by my management. Achieve your targets and you will be supported. Very flexible work culture.

Cons

It's a big company and not everyone is on the same page. Internal competition for development resources leads to overlapping products.

Advice to Management

Get better coordinated at a strategic level with internal teams. The vision is there but not everyone inside is incentivized to support the vision especially when it means their area will be reduced.

"It's not perfect, but it's pretty great here"

Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Well-organized and clear top-down communication on goals and vision
    - Stable business growth with sound strategic investment in the future
    - Maximum flexibility when it comes to work hours and working from home
    - Plenty of opportunities to move around within the company, which is encouraged
    - Focus on employee development
    - Great benefits (health benefits, free lunch, generous vacation and employee support resources, focus on giving back to the local community)
    - Environmentally sustainable (and beautiful!) campuses and socially responsible business practices
    - Reasonable work/life balance within the marketing organization, and most others within the company.
    - Diverse and inclusive culture

I think it's telling that many people who leave often come back or wish to. It also says a lot about a company in Silicon Valley when many employees have been there for 10+ years. SAP is a great company to work for and I feel privileged to work here!

Cons

- Difficult to keep demand gen skills sharp because SAP marketing is not as innovative and cutting edge as leaner organizations
    - Q1-Q2 can be travel- heavy as T&E budget usually gets cut off in 2H
    - Frequent re-orgs can be challenging to get used to
    - Any large company can be difficult to navigate and learn who's who.
    - Compensation is pretty rigid. It's fair but don't expect large pay increases. You can definitely make more elsewhere but the benefits make up for this drawback.

10. "Great Company, Great Future"

Current Employee - Marketing Operations Specialist in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations Specialist in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SAP provides strong pay (for more seasoned employees), great benefits, and the company as a whole has a great future.

Cons

Starting salaries for entry level employees are very low in my opinion. Interns make $20-25 an hour (which equates to ~50K/year) and they are eligible for OT which pays time and a half. When I started I was making 55K, working 50-60 hours a week and wasn't eligible for OT. To be honest I was actively searching for new roles because I knew similar companies paid much larger amount (atleast in the 60Ks). But I'm glad I stayed because now, a little over 2 years later, I'm making almost double - have granted stock options and a very nice year-end bonus plan.

Advice to Management

I understand the reasoning behind lower starting pay - make people earn their keep. But also realize that you will lose top talent early on because your pay is less than competitive. I was a consultant with over a year's experience and I found out that I was making half what a new grad in his first week was making at Deloitte....pretty unnerving to say the least.

Showing 2,125 of 5,531 reviews