SAP Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 22, 2017

"Left after 9 months"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I worked at SAP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has some fantastic cloud properties/products like Concur, SuccessFactors and Hybris. Senior management is top notch. Lot's of opportunities to learn new things.

Cons

Lacking in basic sales resources. Surprisingly little is documented and there's no one to help you navigate SAP. Something as simple as processing an order can take weeks and weeks. Very frustrating.

Advice to Management

Invest in someone to help salespeople sell and not get stuck doing basic admin work.

SAP Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Administrator - Social Recruiting Community

Thank you for your response. We are happy you were impressed with SAP management. When it comes to sales training, do we offer the SAP Sales Academy program, which gives real-life sales experience to ... More

"Large corporate culture"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- As an account executive you can make a lot of money at SAP

Cons

-Large corporate culture, can sometimes feel like a number versus an employee who adds value to the organization

Advice to Management

- So many companies are offering such diverse corporate culture and SAP management should come around in doing so

"Remote employees have a very different experience"

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Sales Operations in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Sales Operations in San Diego, CA

I worked at SAP (Less than a year)

Pros

flexibility in schedule; working with highly competent people in fast-paced environment; much opportunity for growth

Cons

Experience varies heavily with different divisions and whether you work in a corporate office vs remotely. Some managers are very short-term oriented and do not value long-term strategy-- are very short-sighted. (this goes against the German way of doing things) Turnover is much higher in the united states vs in Europe. Sales team conventions take the flavor of whomever happens to be the current SVP- often very short-term focused.

Advice to Management

Teach managers to do better listening in hiring candidates. It seems that some are only hearing what they want to hear and are not truly considering strengths and areas of growth-- they are putting candidates into either an "all good or all bad" category. Help remote employees network within the company to better leverage connections for their organization.

SAP Response

Jun 29, 2016 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

We're glad to read that you recognize the Company's competent people and tremendous availability for growth opportunities. Indeed being a global company with colleagues all over the world makes it ... More

4. "Could be better"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, flex time, food voucher, competitive salary, stock match.

Cons

People are not accountable for their work. Local management looks the other way when it comes to managing us. A handful of people do most of the work, the rest get a free ride. A lot of people often call in sick and "work from home" but at the end of the day they have nothing to show for. Management doesn't care as long as the job gets done and they get their bonuses at the end of the year. On numerous occasions this situation has been brought up to management and we were literally told that's our problem, not his. I think this is a local problem, I can't believe that SAP would be this successful if this behavior was tolerated in other offices.

Advice to Management

To local management: do your job! To senior management: create a way to listen to your employees bypassing their direct managers.

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

I worked at SAP (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very talented people at SAP. Good flexibility working remotely. Most people are very helpful to assist in achieving your goals.

Cons

People are overworked. Many marketing resources cut, impacts quality, increases frustration. Very focused on achieving quarterly targets - so much that it can have a negative impact on everything else.

Advice to Management

People are not machines and your customers are not just external- they are internal (employees) too. Treat them with respect.

6. "Good Benefits"

Current Employee - IT Support in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - IT Support in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

Full service cafeteria
    Nice Campus
    Diverse workforce
    Good Benefits , insurance, discounts
    Corporate events

Cons

Have to be self resourceful
    Remote Managers
    Communications need to be better at the local level
    changing work enviroment

7. "QA Engineer for VNX"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Hopkinton, NH
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Hopkinton, NH

Pros

Work culture is good
    Good Pay

Cons

Team politics is the only con

8. "Great Strategy"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of smart folks
    Everyone works hard

Cons

Little work life balance
    Lots of pressure to hit numbers every quarter

"has some work to do"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good/cheap cafeteria, decent gym, incredibly beautiful office, fantastic provided laptops and phones, relaxed environment, good healthcare, 401k matching, work from home can be flexible by position.

Cons

Very little onboarding or training in general, a strong push for training via online resources but no provided time to do so, we are the first to use our own products so of course various systems are broken regularly and the average employee needs to juggle chrome/IE/firefox to access different things.

Advice to Management

Get truly progressive rather than just faking it. We need less buzzwords, name changes, and so on. Try to start a culture beyond nice cars and golf. Get products and innovation in Newtown Square so talent and innovations can be fostered here next to NA support. Seriously stop with the digital buzzwords.

"Solid Company with a lot of room for improvement"

Former Employee - Customer Engagement Service Manager in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Engagement Service Manager in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

Depending on your team, the atmosphere is really great. Fostering, team focused, and SAP will give you the tools you need to be successful in your job. As with any large company, your results may differ depending on your group.

Cons

Human Resources is far and away the least inspiring group to deal with. They are accessible and will answer your questions, however they rarely take up the banner for the employee. They are manager/company first focused and poor employee advocates. Getting promoted takes an act of congress as managers are given very little budget for promotion, the ranking system used for bonus calculation pits teams against each other, especially small teams and teams that have employees scattered across the globe. Being at another large, global company I have seen more out of their HR and talent management teams in 3 months that I saw in over 10 years at SAP. After 10+ years I wanted to stay, however after several interviews and always losing out to other candidates who had a close connection to the hiring manager, it was time to move on.

Advice to Management

Scrap the rating based bonus system, appreciate your internal talent more - you forced me out after 10 years because your mid level managers hired their buddies instead of looking at my qualifications.

Showing 919 of 5,326 reviews